Login

russian armor

OKW STILL OP

28 Jan 2016, 12:49 PM

Are molotovs thrown instantly?

Flame nades should have a delay, they allow you to win almost all engagements just because of the 20 initial detonation damage which you can't really dodge.

Do Flame nade cost the double of Molotov nade ? but yes, i am agree they should slow the throw timing :p
28 Jan 2016, 12:50 PM

Thats why incen nade cost 30 ammo and molotov 15 ammo. I dont think we balance out OKW by giving their nade a 2s timer.
28 Jan 2016, 13:06 PM

They should have a timer. It's intended as a AoE Blocker, not as a weapon to throw at every possible infantry engagement.
28 Jan 2016, 13:10 PM

- Do molotovs have a timer?

No, but they take a lot longer to throw and do less damage
28 Jan 2016, 13:12 PM

They should have a timer. It's intended as a AoE Blocker, not as a weapon to throw at every possible infantry engagement.

How do you know what's it intended? Maybe the developer thought it different. And, if you want, you can throw it as you please for whatever reasons. I don't know if the price tag difference justifies the almost instant throw.
28 Jan 2016, 14:10 PM
Donator 11

OKW Vet system, Volk shreck blob, and no side tech.

You adjust these systems and they will be better.
28 Jan 2016, 14:55 PM

Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2016, 11:43 AMpugzii

So just like USF

I agree, though the tank-micro of USF requires more of you I believe. Cause of the paper-thin armor.
28 Jan 2016, 15:27 PM

After the vehicle cost increase, the only outstanding issue wih OKW is the free stuff they get with tech (mitigated somewhat by their tier building's vulnerability) and shreck Volks.

It certainly isn't OPKW like it was the week after the buff.
28 Jan 2016, 15:35 PM

Hey guys try to keep the conversation constructive. In the meantime doing a little housecleaning. Carry on. :thumb:
28 Jan 2016, 15:51 PM

"the only outstanding issue wih OKW is the free stuff they get with tech"
I read this here and there now for a while, but as far as I remember the teching cost for all factions is pretty much the same, or do I miss something?
28 Jan 2016, 15:55 PM
Donator 22

side upgrades are coming.After this we will see, less schreck blobs for sure. Because then OKW has to spend munition somewhere else
28 Jan 2016, 15:55 PM

"the only outstanding issue wih OKW is the free stuff they get with tech"
I read this here and there now for a while, but as far as I remember the teching cost for all factions is pretty much the same, or do I miss something?

But other factions don't get free bofors, free medics and free repair station.

But don't worry, OKW won't soon either.
28 Jan 2016, 18:02 PM

OKW's fine. If Volks are checked, Truck bonuses gated and a few buffs here and there to compensate and they're all good to go
28 Jan 2016, 18:18 PM

What they lost last patch:
-Panzerschreck got balanced at last
-Kubel no longer supresses
-Panther got a bit more expensive
-Sturmpio no longer 4 man shock troops
-Free base halftracks
-Fuel and munitions conversion

What they still have:
-5 veterancy levels
-Salvaging

What they gained:
-Kubel can cap and has better survivability
-An equal economy
-15 MINUTE KING TIGER

OKW actually WON in the last patch. I cannot stress how an equal economy is such a big gain for them. Before they had to get a Wehr ally to build caches for them to get an equal economy, now their economy could PARALLEL the allies.

''So what, their units are still expensive''

Which no longer counts, since they have an equal economy. Panthers have excellent survivabillity, so late game an OKW player could easily have 4 panthers, all veterans, with a hoard of resources to replace them.

This has driven their power to insane levels in late-game. I must remind you to watch the OKW video tutorial. The reason they have 5 vet levels was to compensate for their economy, but now they have the best of both worlds.

Ok, I'll be among the first to address each "issue" specifically.

The 5 veterancy levels are now arguably better then the 3 vet, as they've been nerfed, but they are nothing to really gain an advantage in during combat. So no. I don't understand salvaging, it's border line useless/barely used, as the economy is actually somewhat decent now.

This 15 minute King tiger is fairly over exaggerated, only possible to achieve in 4 vs 4, and needing to hold both fuel points. First off, don't play 4 vs 4, it's a bloody circus. Second, don't let them hold both fuel point. Bit of l2p here.

So, a decent economy, and nerfed veterancy. Hop back into your time machine back to december, bud. You're a bit behind. :brad:
28 Jan 2016, 20:07 PM

the shock sturms were changed a long time ago with increased reinforce time and increased receive accuracy

so, this wasn't last patch.

the 15 min king tiger isn't as plausible since it jumped to 310 fuel? from 230?

other than the aforementioned volks blob as an issue.

i think the prerequisite to making a KT should be changed. You can lose all 3 HQs and as long as you've built them previously, you can still call in KT. It should only be able to be called in if all 3 HQs are present.

Small issue. Too many other issues to address beforehand.
28 Jan 2016, 20:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2016, 12:33 PMF1sh
The things I'd change for OKW:

- Reduce Kubel rear armor to 3, it shouldn't have the same armor all around
- Put a 2 second timer on incendiary nades

Luchs is really annoying at how early it comes out, and how it can survive 2 AT gun shots. But that's probably L2P on my part

Luchs surviving 2 AT shots? I saw kubel surviving 2 ZIS shots or 1 T34-85 shot. OKW after October's patch is a bullshit. Even more prone for no mind gaming, bloberina festival. And few patches back Lelic made RUS to build T3 if they want T4 to make people use versitale units, build combined armies. So now all the "sweat" with combined arms faces OKW shreck blob + "late" havy tanks ( in the meantime free medics, repair station, air defense). Yes they are vurnerable for a focused buidling fire, and yes You can make pretty much same with USF, but it does not meant it is ok. Hide shrecks somwhere deeper, make OKW use more AT's. LOck 4,5 exp stars under some addon, like rest of toys for other armies are, and shreck should also be.
28 Jan 2016, 21:05 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

''So what, their units are still expensive''

Which no longer counts, since they have an equal economy.

Where is the logic in this???
28 Jan 2016, 23:09 PM

... the only outstanding issue wih OKW is the free stuff they get with tech....

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2016, 15:55 PMKatitof

But other factions don't get free bofors, free medics and free repair station.

But don't worry, OKW won't soon either.

Its not ok for OKW to get free healing, repair station and Bofors buts its alright if USFs get free lieutenant with free Thompson and lmg, free captain with 2x free zooks, and a major with free FRP.
Gotcha

Edit: my apologies for assuming you don't think that's fair either. Perhaps that's also OP? Thoughts?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 26
Peru 14
unknown 7
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %