Login

russian armor

Relic pls buff useless things

27 Jan 2016, 06:44 AM

Why buff useless things?

Strategic diversity makes a game fun and interesting.

BUT there is danger!

Buffing could lead to new overpowered things, as we all know, and they'd centralize the meta around themselves.

I respond that
If something is unworkable (bad design makes something frustrating, or if it's so difficult to balance that it's always either overpowered or underpowered) then it should be changed to something that is / removed (or I mean leave it in but why tho).

This goes hand in hand with the sentiment that buffs don't always have to be quantitative. If something is fragile balance-wise, then we can add a little qualitative buff in a different way that wouldn't affect the rest of the unit. For example, SU-76s have a neat unique barrage ability that doesn't affect their role as an AT unit, and can in fact obstruct them, and gives them a little more versatility, and makes them fun and interactive all-rounders.

Also, what about different skill levels? What if something comes at the benefit of strategic diversity in one level and a detriment in diversity in the other?

I respond that
Since making informed decisions only happens at informed levels of play, one should only look at said high levels when attempting to measure the actual worth of a unit, ability, commander, etc.

With all this in mind, it should be easier to iterate rapidly and bring the game to a more pleasurable state where there aren't as many worthless units or abilities
27 Jan 2016, 06:44 AM

I will copy paste well-reasoned / high ranking player / knowledgable person suggestions / examples here too if they respond to thread / I see them post or talk other places about underpowered things.

---

My nooby suggestions and examples of things to buff.
27 Jan 2016, 14:59 PM

Just fix brummbarrs. Their pathing is the only issue I have with them.
27 Jan 2016, 15:00 PM

UKFs only need a buff to the UC and maybe price decrease of Churchill. And sexton.
27 Jan 2016, 15:06 PM

B4.
KV1, (compare it to the churchil).
T34/76.
M42.
Dshk cp1, make it more expensive if needed cp 2 is to late.
Hit the dirt.

And fix soviet T1 units.
27 Jan 2016, 20:53 PM

Permanently Banned
So many suggestion I have for so many units. But I dont want to waste my time because it seems pointless.
27 Jan 2016, 21:09 PM

I agree with most of OPs units. I wouldn't mind if Ass Grens got a buff in exchange for moving them up to 2 CP - otherwise they would be too good of a shock unit right at start methinks.

UKF I would say Suxten, Valentine,(Hell, Royal Artillery as a whole), UC, and Base Howies. IS vehicle snare in exchange for toning down AEC would be welcome. Or a PIAT buff (I wouldn't mind an "Aimed Shot" ability that used munitions in exchange for letting you to actually hit a light vehicle.) +1 on Churchill cost decrease it's sooo overpriced and I do think KV1's main gun could use a slight buff.
nee
27 Jan 2016, 22:05 PM

Pretty much everything they've done, outside of introducing new commanders, has been about reducing game diversity.
27 Jan 2016, 22:06 PM
Donator 11

WC51.

Bren (pathfinding is shit).

Ost mech HT (cant reinforce from it).

Sherman bulldozer (its armor is good but make its projectile faster).

Ass engs (can only be used as flanking but their received accuracy is to high.

All of solv t1.
27 Jan 2016, 22:45 PM

Permanently Banned
I'm just gonna list off some severely UP/not seen units: UC, brummbar, ass grens, ass engies, stormtroopers, 222, panzergrenadiers for ai, m8 scott, mg34, m42 AT gun, pak43, 17 pounder, sexton.
27 Jan 2016, 22:52 PM

I feel like I saw a lot more pak43s when churchills were around. m42... never
mg34 does a decent job at suppression. does it do less damage? i just don't see it killing as much.
not much you can do about pgrens. they have great damage but also high received accuracy. if you play with that, they'll return to their former days of what we have currently, volks blobbing with shreks.

UC sort of needs that pathfinding "upgrade" removed. Otherwise, I think it does a good job for T0.
28 Jan 2016, 01:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 22:06 PMMittens
WC51.

Bren (pathfinding is shit).

Ost mech HT (cant reinforce from it).

Sherman bulldozer (its armor is good but make its projectile faster).

Ass engs (can only be used as flanking but their received accuracy is to high.

All of solv t1.

No, the bull dozer doesn't need a bloody buff, please chill sir. :lolol:
28 Jan 2016, 03:21 AM

Royal artillery regiment
Sexton
28 Jan 2016, 03:39 AM

veterancy for soviets is stupid.

snipers (flare)
penals (flare)
IS-2 (cap)
T34/85 (cap)
shock troops (flare)
Gaurds Rifleman (flare)

all NEEED vet 2 for any kind of performance boost.. that is dumb. Its fine for the mortars to have flares.. but its just overkill to have it on every infantry not named conscripts.

IS-2 - 34/85s capping is just bad, because those are your TOP tanks available to the entire faction, and while the easier to survive german tanks get better, SU tanks stay the same.

They are much more risk for no reward.

28 Jan 2016, 04:13 AM

USF:

M3 Halftrack call-in needs armor and HP buffs, Greyhoud main gun should be clone of Stuart, Support Paratroopers need non RNG but defined roles. Buff Major arty. Buff the HMC so it's not garbage.

OKW:

Flame Hetzer...lol. Flak Halftrack...lol.

SOV:

M-42 needs to be Raktenwerfer clone with less pen but higher ROF. Assault Guards need to be buffed, T34/76 could use MP cost decreases and pintle MG buffs. Penals need to be a non doc unit that excels at fighting in the center or holding a line, because Cons are the mobile flanking troops.

OST:

222 needs a more defined role, right now its sole purpose is deterring M20 and M3, or being a part of cheese strats. Panzergrenadiers IMO do their job well but could be encouraged as mobile troops more. Brumbar-buff this thing, lol. Assault Grens-BUFF. Arty Field Officer...BUFF.

UKF:

UC needs durability buffs, and should be able to transport HMG and Sniper. Valentine and Sexton-BUFF. Base arty-make it cheaper or buff. Salvage Operation Engineers-buff. Firefly-buff.

28 Jan 2016, 04:40 AM

Mainly been playing axis recently, so this is my thoughts on axis units.

Brumbar, maybe a slight range increase, and a path-finding fix?
222 could use some extra durability to make it last more than 20 seconds.
Panzer-grenadiers should have a lower received accuracy.
10.5 Cm Lefh artillery should have less spread.
Flame hetzer could use better armor protection.

Some allied units I haven't seen used in about 2 months minimum:
Assault Engineers
M42
Soviet Heavies (Except KV-8)
Soviet Snipers
Greyhound
Sherman Bulldozer
dshk mg
.50 cal mg
Valentine
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams