Login

russian armor

Sturmpios redesign .

25 Jan 2016, 23:33 PM

I think this unit needs a redesign , for a combat engineer unit they are quite potent .
They are terminators in close range , they do ok vs units on long range and they can hold buildings for quite some time.

My suggestion is to add a "combat package" alongside the support package that the player needs to choose between.

The standard unit would be able to cap and shoot and that's it with 2 StGs instead of 4 .

The support package (30 munition) will give you the ability to lay mines and sandbags , build/cut wire , the repair ability and also med packs that are not locked behind vet .
This unit will also have the thorough salvage ability locked behind vet 1 and repair crit locked behind vet 3 .

The combat package (45 munition) would add 2 extra StGs , smoke and stun grenades and a sprint ability locked behind vet 3 .

I think this will cancel the huge impact OKW sturmpios have on early game and allow them to have more determined role in the game rather than just being a generalist unit .

What are ur thoughts on this ?
Cheers!!
25 Jan 2016, 23:36 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

I'd say that the Sturmpios are the only unit which is working as intended in OKW tech. There are other units which need a redesign *cough* Volks.
25 Jan 2016, 23:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

SPs are entirely balanced early-game. 300 MP would be far too much for just two StGs.

...though they have scaling problems and I would indeed like some sort of upgrade for them to alleviate that. But not with early-game nerfs.
25 Jan 2016, 23:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2016, 23:37 PMVuther
SPs are entirely balanced early-game. 300 MP would be far too much for just two StGs.

...though they have scaling problems and I would indeed like some sort of upgrade for them to alleviate that. But not with early-game nerfs.

u start off with that unit, means u won't be spending 300 MP , the way i see it u'd be spending 45 muni to get an early terminator squad , therby delaying shreks a bit more , or spending 30 muni if u feel like starting with a kubel or skip tier 1 .

Anw since both u and luvnest seem to share the same though , i'm kinda sold already that this idea blows XD
Cheers!
25 Jan 2016, 23:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2016, 23:36 PMluvnest
I'd say that the Sturmpios are the only unit which is working as intended in OKW tech. There are other units which need a redesign *cough* Volks.
25 Jan 2016, 23:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2016, 23:51 PMrush

u start off with that unit, means u won't be spending 300 MP , the way i see it u'd be spending 45 muni to get an early terminator squad , therby delaying shreks a bit more , or spending 30 muni if u feel like starting with a kubel or skip tier 1 .

I'm actually not sure if I can refute that point since all factions used to start with the same amount of manpower with their starting unit subtracted but then they changed Wehrmacht's and I think they aren't all anymore.

And I'm hardly an excellent authority, but I'm still pretty sure SPs' early-game is fine. Relic already buffed their survivability at the cost of DPS to reduce when they really were a tad cheesy.
26 Jan 2016, 00:10 AM

Permanently Banned
I havent seen a sturmpios OP post since okw release. Conscripts, rifles, and sections win against sturms even at mid range. L2P issue really.
26 Jan 2016, 00:20 AM

I havent seen a sturmpios OP post since okw release. Conscripts, rifles, and sections win against sturms even at mid range. L2P issue really.

I never said they were op or gamebreaking, the whole point is to adress their scaling.
U either go for dedicated engies or dedicated combat troops .
26 Jan 2016, 01:01 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2016, 00:20 AMrush

I never said they were op or gamebreaking, the whole point is to adress their scaling.
U either go for dedicated engies or dedicated combat troops .

"I think this will cancel the huge impact OKW sturmpios have on early game and allow them to have more determined role in the game rather than just being a generalist unit ."

So a nerf. Therefore in your opinion Overperforming. How about pgren stgs for the upgrade. If you are going to chop up sturms?
26 Jan 2016, 01:21 AM

Sturmpios good at long range???? WutFace
26 Jan 2016, 01:31 AM

"I think this will cancel the huge impact OKW sturmpios have on early game and allow them to have more determined role in the game rather than just being a generalist unit ."

So a nerf. Therefore in your opinion Overperforming. How about pgren stgs for the upgrade. If you are going to chop up sturms?

"More determined role" is equal to a buff when you look at okw roster
26 Jan 2016, 01:34 AM

Permanently Banned

"More determined role" is equal to a buff when you look at okw roster

Not really a buff. Unless The combat package were to give pgren stgs to make up for the large firepower nerf in the early game. I only see this as a big nerf to okw early game. A sturmpio squad, despite hardly doing any mid range damage is essential for okw in the first 5 minutes. You can't just do without it.
26 Jan 2016, 01:51 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

26 Jan 2016, 01:57 AM

26 Jan 2016, 02:10 AM

Not really a buff. Unless The combat package were to give pgren stgs to make up for the large firepower nerf in the early game. I only see this as a big nerf to okw early game. A sturmpio squad, despite hardly doing any mid range damage is essential for okw in the first 5 minutes. You can't just do without it.

I see what you mean but imo smoke and stun nades for 45 munis would be extremely useful for countering Maxim spam that plagues okw currently. This utility increase is worth sacrificing dps for the first 3 minutes imo, especially when you can still use spios and the Kubel to harass while volks dig in and defend.

I'm against the ops idea though, but I don't think it's a flat nerf unless you highly value the 4 MP44s early game. (Rightly so.)

(Not that it matters, but imo volks should get mp44s no upgrade, lose shrek and get minesweeping/healing field craft upgrade for 60 munis, and then get price increase. Then spios can be a long range kar98k elite engineer squad that can upgrade to double shrek.)
26 Jan 2016, 02:26 AM
Donator 11

They are exactly what game needs to be interesting in early game: a unit that needs skill to use due to high model cost but gives huge opportunities due to dps and repair. In the mid game they can be used just like you would pzgrens - both in defence and attack but always in cover. In the late game they don't have scaling problems in my opinion: they are simply moved to support as quick repairing squad that also can punch back if needed. The only problems I can see are that they are a bit too expensive to use them for mining and laying wire and that the wire itself takes too long to set up with no benefits to it whatsoever.
26 Jan 2016, 03:55 AM
Patrion 28

the only issue i have with spios is that, like IS, they're so much better than what they'll be facing it's pretty much an automatic win. it's not usually the end of the world but it does let them grab important points very easily.
26 Jan 2016, 04:15 AM

Perfectly fine unit. Maybe a popcap reduction to 7 and some tweaks to their veterancy, but that's about it.
26 Jan 2016, 05:43 AM

yeah thye just need their popcap down from 9 t0 7...9 popcap is absurd more than a shock trooper lol
26 Jan 2016, 07:31 AM

And they need to fix the repair speed bug they get from vet. It's supposed to double their repair speed but it halves it instead. Lol.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 51
Korea, Republic Of 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment