Login

russian armor

2v2 USF ONLY!

25 Jan 2016, 22:28 PM

Hey guys,

over the last week I literally played only against double usf in team games. No other games were found. I am not the best ost player, but i know how to play the game, to micro, and how to constellate my units most of the time.
What I saw over the last couple of days is beyond my understanding of a fair game.
There are just too much USF players around. In 1v1s its kind of okay, but in 2v2s its just insane and frustrating. I get flashbacks of the guard motor - times somewhat like a year ago.
USF blobs are so potent that in most the time there is just no way to handle it. no mgs, no mortars, no light vehicles and especially no infantry can stop this.
The doctrinces that had been chosen are always the same. its either rifle company, pershing or colliape. Almost every time!
I never thought I'd say this but I rather go with double russians, even a maxim spam.
The only games which were in the favor of wehr are those where we could hold on till the werfer came on the field. Up till then every mg got smoked out, or killed by one grenade (full health in most cases) 222s are shredded to pieces with one pair of zooks, grens just got overwhelmed by the sheer mass of bars and garands. And counterblobbing with ost is a very bad idea.
The m20 needs 3 pak shots, deals good damage and the crew repair with a pair of zooks made it quit hard to kill it. There are so many well known games from the past where the m20 lives throughout the late game. Its a joke!

This game is on the way to a dead end i think. if relics brad wouldnt sit on his hand just waiting for it to get numb and introducing feuersturm doctrine there could be more equal games. 2 days after okws ressource incoming was set to an equal level it got patched. But broken allied factions run around for month in a certain OP state.
I play this game from the time it came out and never experienced such frustrating moments in team games.
Maybe this ist just to get off some steam or maybe there is something for you to discuss about this. I just needed to say this.
Something has to be done!
25 Jan 2016, 23:07 PM

Go double Ostheer, both get double sniper. USF cant counter. GG
25 Jan 2016, 23:23 PM

Permanently Banned
My favorite is when rifles advance over open ground to volks and grens and still win because the close mid-range dps is so insane.
25 Jan 2016, 23:47 PM

My favorite is when rifles advance over open ground to volks and grens and still win because the close mid-range dps is so insane.

hmm.. Flashback all the sudden
25 Jan 2016, 23:49 PM

Uhh, please show me when this happens. Vet 0 riflemen and gren in cover will lose to gren. if you're talking about vet 3 riflemen and vet 3 gren, it should be close to even and non-moving unit in cover should win. if you expect unvetted gren to win against 2-3 vetted riflemen... no comment.

Live the old days of the vanilla game. Vet 3 grens versus cons would get roflstomped all day long by g43/mg42 upgrades. cons in cover would just melt to gren blob. except now it's pretty counterable. i feel a small nerf to riflemen are coming along but nothing major.
25 Jan 2016, 23:52 PM

Uhh, please show me when this happens. Vet 0 riflemen and gren in cover will lose to gren. if you're talking about vet 3 riflemen and vet 3 gren, it should be close to even and non-moving unit in cover should win. if you expect unvetted gren to win against 2-3 vetted riflemen... no comment.

Live the old days of the vanilla game. Vet 3 grens versus cons would get roflstomped all day long by g43/mg42 upgrades. cons in cover would just melt to gren blob. except now it's pretty counterable. i feel a small nerf to riflemen are coming along but nothing major.

He's talking about Gren or Volk in cover vs. Riflemen approaching over open ground into close range.
25 Jan 2016, 23:53 PM

I've seen you post this complaint in multiple threads over the past few days and I'd love for you to explain why you think Grens should match or outclass Rifles out of the gate when Ostheer has immediate access to the best MG in the game in T0, as well as a Sniper and Mortar team in T1. Even Pioneers will 1v1 Rear Echelons most of the time.

Rifles are better than Grens. Ostheer has plenty of tools to make up the difference, especially in the first few minutes.

Get over it already.
26 Jan 2016, 00:06 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2016, 23:53 PMLuGer33

I've seen you post this complaint in multiple threads over the past few days and I'd love for you to explain why you think Grens should match or outclass Rifles out of the gate when Ostheer has immediate access to the best MG in the game in T0, as well as a Sniper and Mortar team in T1. Even Pioneers will 1v1 Rear Echelons most of the time.

Rifles are better than Grens. Ostheer has plenty of tools to make up the difference, especially in the first few minutes.

Get over it already.

Thats just vet 0.

Vet 3 comes around and its no contest. USF have quantitative and qualitative advantage in first 10 minutes. Early light vehicles, cheaper teching, and free squads just stack on top of that.

Ostheer t2 is most expensive in the game and comes with no useful light vehicles, and an AT gun that comes at the same time or later than brit or USF lights. Its a joke.

Ostheer crutch on snipers because mg teams are easily flanked or smoked, or rolled over by 5 min AEC, m20, or stuart, and grens get stomped.
26 Jan 2016, 01:14 AM

That's RNG, because typically that should never happen.

I've had stormpio's advance into 2 riflemen squads and not even lose 1 model of the pio squad, wrecking my riflemen.
26 Jan 2016, 01:27 AM

Jaeger armor doctrine
- spotting scopes on your Halftrack,
- 2x mg42
- 2x sniper
- 2x pak
- 2x pios.
- gren for faust
This into p4s and stugs is awesome. The scopes let you see the enemy blob and suppress them before they see you. Snipers bleed them, paks and tellers deal with all vehicles. Only problem you'll have is the Calliopes. That's why you go t3 and spam mediums. If played right you'll never need to retreat and youll always be bleeding them with snipers. Soooooo fun. Dependant on map and micro though.

I love this strat because it doesnt rely to heaviky on munis and fuel and its really easy for your ally to maibtain aggresion because youre defending for him. This strat is very slow until yiu get tanks out. The snipers will have your ebeny tearing their hair out in minutes.
26 Jan 2016, 01:32 AM

Permanently Banned
Jaeger armor doctrine
- spitting scopes on your Halftrack,
- 2x mg42
- 2x sniper
- 2x pak
- 2x pios.
- gren for faust
This into p4s and stugs is awesome. The scopes let you see the enemy blob and suppress them before they see you. Snipers bleed them, paks and tellers deal with all vehicles. Only problem you'll have is the Calliopes. That's why you go t3 and spam mediums. If played right you'll never need to retreat and youll always be bleeding them with snipers. Soooooo fun. Dependant on map and micro though.

Well balanced. But indirect fire trumps this. Going support crew heavy as ost necessitates command tank.
26 Jan 2016, 01:36 AM

Well balanced. But indirect fire trumps this. Going support crew heavy as ost necessitates command tank.

All they have is pack howi and doctrinal indirect. Pack howi needs to know where to fire at becuase you'll constantly be repositioning units and if they do see you, they are getting sniped to death.

Imo, heavy support as ost requires spotting scopes. Paks and mgs are lethal when firing at max range. Youll also find you won't bleed mp at all because they can't even touch you :)

FYI, I'm currently top 30 for ost 2v2 and this is how I do it.
26 Jan 2016, 01:40 AM

Permanently Banned

All they have is pack howi and doctrinal indirect. Pack howi needs to know where to fire at becuase you'll constantly be repositioning units and if they do see you, they are getting sniped to death.

Imo, heavy support as ost requires spotting scopes. Paks and mgs are lethal when firing at max range. Youll also find you won't bleed mp at all because they can't even touch you :)

FYI, I'm currently top 30 for ost 2v2 and this is how I do it.

German mechanized takes care of both. Command tank & spotting scopes. Elefant is only really worth it on minsk and rails.
26 Jan 2016, 01:50 AM

German mechanized takes care of both. Command tank & spotting scopes. Elefant is only really worth it on minsk and rails.

Ive juggled between the two alot but I like the recon stuka and riegel AT mines that come with Jaeger Armor. If only Fortified armor had spotting scopes instead of Elephant.
26 Jan 2016, 07:14 AM

The US design is a totally failure.There's no fun to play with or against the US blobs at all.

As WEHR,the pwerfer is the only counter to US infantry blobs now.If you build heavy team weapons ,you suck from blobs.So RELIC really encourage infantry blob play but not combined arms play.The joke is they buffed US rifles again and again then say that "we encourage the combined arms play" on their patch notes.
26 Jan 2016, 07:56 AM
Donator 22

try to play some games with USF and see how your opponent react/ counters you. Watch the replays.
26 Jan 2016, 08:43 AM

Can you post some replays?

Also why do you build a 222 if you only face a rifleblob?
26 Jan 2016, 08:50 AM

Try spaming 2 or 3 pgs (depending on the size of the blob youre countering) or just go double snipers at the start . And you can always build the good old werfer. Its actually incredibly easy to counter blobs as Wehr.
26 Jan 2016, 14:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2016, 07:14 AMatouba
The US design is a totally failure.There's no fun to play with or against the US blobs at all.

As WEHR,the pwerfer is the only counter to US infantry blobs now.If you build heavy team weapons ,you suck from blobs.So RELIC really encourage infantry blob play but not combined arms play.The joke is they buffed US rifles again and again then say that "we encourage the combined arms play" on their patch notes.

What's funny is that Pwerfer "encourages" rifle spam. GL saving your 4man fragile MG, AT gun or Pack howie.
27 Jan 2016, 02:45 AM

What's funny is that Pwerfer "encourages" rifle spam. GL saving your 4man fragile MG, AT gun or Pack howie.

So we can build Pwefer easily on 1v1/2v2 games now? US blobs will be punished quickly now?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★