Login

russian armor

Sweepstake... How many Brit games in the ESL tomorrow?

23 Jan 2016, 04:36 AM

As per the title...

Post your predictions!

For reference I don't think there were any in the first one ( certainly none in the later stages) though Hants did play them twice, once in a semi ( and was crushed) IIRC, in the last one.
23 Jan 2016, 06:59 AM

I think AEC spam is just quite reliable. I'm going to say 23 brit players, but it's important to know they have to play Axis as well in the higher brackets.
23 Jan 2016, 09:26 AM

That many?

Would love to see plenty of Brit replays but I suspect we'll only see a smattering. Judging by how difficult it is to get the top players to play Brits on their twitch streams ( like pulling teeth) I'm thinking more like 5 games in total and none in quarters, semis or finals.
23 Jan 2016, 09:40 AM
Patrion 14

Brits are actually quite good now; the real problem on why people won't pick them is because of VP's.

I mean, are you confident you can get VP lead using brits to later get faction selection? Probably would be my last pick of a faction if I want to get VP leads with.
23 Jan 2016, 09:58 AM

Interesting..

I guess also for people looking to climb the ladder rankings they'd get much more mileage from picking a faction they can steamroller someone in 10 minutes than a faction you need longer games to win with.

Does limit their tournament potential somewhat...
23 Jan 2016, 12:15 PM

I honestly think that Brits are the strongest 1v1 faction right now, followed by USF and then OKW. Then soviets, then Panzer Elite from CoH1 and then comes Ostheer :snfPeter:

BTT: Brits are ridiculously strong right now with the AEC and the Infantry Sections that turn to Arnold Schwarzenegger when behind cover.
23 Jan 2016, 13:59 PM
Donator 11

23 Jan 2016, 17:47 PM
23 Jan 2016, 19:25 PM

Any suggestions as to how this could be fixed Space Hamster?

Along with most of the Brits top ten you have less than 100 games with them, only Zoobee and RoyalHants seem to have a significant number of games. Is this entirely due to their lack of tournament application?
23 Jan 2016, 19:36 PM
Patrion 14

It's a core faction design, to make UKF more appealing they need to be less of an ostheer copy with more turtling involved. Which is something I don't think anyone would be capable of doing now.

USF and SOV have way easier time securing VP lead but they sacrifice late game potential to get there(even than, they are still really strong if you have the right builds). As brits you have to deal with overpriced IS because of their 5th man being added towards cost from the get go. Then Vickers being the most costly MG(dushka excluded). Which always means you will have less map presence than the enemy even in the best of conditions. But once you get your holy trinity of units/abilities together, you will be nigh unstoppable.

If anything, I think ESL should change its rules on faction selection to not be about VP lead. Because we know the obvious contenders on who wins out on that race.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★