Login

russian armor

usf aa halftrack pathing is really screwed up

22 Jan 2016, 05:23 AM

hello,

in my last match i fielded the usf aa hafltrack. please take a look at, and adjust the way this vehicle moves. right now it is incredibly difficult to micro/control with the way it is moving. when ordered to attack it should just turn its back on the enemy unit and fire if its in range, not just charge into it as if its a battering ram. its attack move seems really bad too.
22 Jan 2016, 06:31 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Yeah, with Relic's change to vehicle pathing, any click within a relatively close area will make the halftrack move forwards. It's better just to use the reverse move when it's in combat/close to combat.

Bit of a pain, really.
22 Jan 2016, 06:45 AM

Why they make vehicle pathing better with veterancy is beyond me, movement should just be a standard and keep rng for the shooting.
22 Jan 2016, 11:40 AM

Wasn't there a change to give it a 360degree fire angle? I might be wrong but I thought I saw a patch note on it a while back but I know I used it the other day and it isn't the case.

If so it is irritating having to orientate your rear army to often face volks which are more often then not going to be sporting the AT package. I know people will say L2P but my god with the new pathing this unit is a bitch to use.
22 Jan 2016, 11:43 AM

The 360 fire arc was removed as Relic thought the unit became too easy to use.
22 Jan 2016, 14:46 PM
Donator 11

The 360 fire arc was removed as Relic thought the unit became too easy to use.

It was due to the gun shooting through the cabin of the AAHT. I would rather it have 360 fire and ez pathfinding where I dont have to smash U everywhere I go tbh.

@Relic: pls revert change on AAHT or even push the gun model up slightly to shoot right over the top. This unit requires so much micro already to get it to work, adding in the U to move is just over micro.
22 Jan 2016, 14:51 PM

Ah, my apologies, I thought it was due to it being too easy to use and thus too effective. It can be difficult to judge Brad's responses in their Twitch :)
Only Relic postRelic 22 Jan 2016, 17:49 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2016, 05:23 AMburakui
hello,

in my last match i fielded the usf aa hafltrack. please take a look at, and adjust the way this vehicle moves. right now it is incredibly difficult to micro/control with the way it is moving. when ordered to attack it should just turn its back on the enemy unit and fire if its in range, not just charge into it as if its a battering ram. its attack move seems really bad too.

Pathing improvements are being looked at. Thanks
22 Jan 2016, 18:36 PM
Donator 11

Ah, my apologies, I thought it was due to it being too easy to use and thus too effective. It can be difficult to judge Brad's responses in their Twitch :)

It was a lot better not only becouse it could use attack move and less micro. It also faced opponent with frontal armor. The version with reduced angle has to turn back to fire so it a lot easier to penetrate for light AA like machineguns or 222 cannon. 222 can also kite it thanks to that. So although I agree its a strange way of ballancing game the 360 degree ht was really overpowered and would need some nerfs if it was buffed back to that state.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 569
Netherlands 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment