Login

russian armor

Finnish Commander Proposal

20 Jan 2016, 17:30 PM

So I was reading the thread about dream commanders, and it got me thinking: What if there was a Finnish Commander? Not an entire faction, but a commander for Ostheer to had some flavor and variation. Mind you this is just an idea I've been kicking around, so it's not fully thought through yet

Finnish Counterattack Doctrine

2 CP- Finnish Jaeger Ski Troops (280 MP): These would for the most part be a 5 man Pathfinder/Jaeger Recon squad, but with their niche being increased movement and combat in rough terrain. They would receive reduced terrain debuffs and move slightly faster than average infantry units. This squad would also have more resistance to cold/blizzards and the ability to move on skis across snow. The drawback to this would be a small period of time where the models would have to put on/take off the skis, making them vulnerable to fire and especially grenades. They should also be able to throw molotovs(they did it before it was cool B-) )and construct low health cover/barricades out of logs/brush to round out their kit.

3 CP Forward Scouts (50 Muni) This is a recon ability that changes up the script a little bit, removes/lessens fog of war in frontline sectors for a limited time, providing recon before an assault, or early warning of an attack.

4 CP 300 MP- "Motti Matti- Major Matti Aarnio" (300 MP) An officer historically skilled at counterattacking and clearing pockets at resistance, known as mottis. This unit would work like a Sturm Offizier, buffing friendly units, capturing territory faster, and having high damage at close range.

6 CP "Sisu- Fighting Spirit" (100 Muni) This is a defensive buff similar to hold the line, and instead of having Typhoons flying in at the end, it would have a light artillery bombardment across . This ability, increasing the defense of infantry units in friendly territory, represents the tenacity of the Finnish soldiers.

11 CP 105 MM Support Artillery (180 Muni) This is just an average artillery ability to round out the doctrine, large target circle, warning smoke, fairly good damage.
20 Jan 2016, 17:33 PM

Suomi perkele.

Could be interesting but Relic seem to be going more for the late war vibe, 1945 and onwards, so I'm not sure how they'd incorporate Finland in that time frame.

(My history knowledge is pretty non-existant).
20 Jan 2016, 17:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 17:33 PMSwift
Suomi perkele.

Could be interesting but Relic seem to be going more for the late war vibe, 1945 and onwards, so I'm not sure how they'd incorporate Finland in that time frame.

It seems to me the game takes place 43-45, so I think you could reasonably fit the this commander in there, especially considering Finland only surrendered in September of 1944. This is why I proposed a commander rather than a faction, it is more to represent the more Northern fighting where Finnish and German troops cooperated directly in operations. So they would still have the base units of course, but with the call-ins adding a bit of utility similar to that of other factions.
20 Jan 2016, 17:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 17:33 PMSwift
Suomi perkele.

Finns continued to fight until the end of the war, with different levels of intensity. The actually made a deal with Soviets and fought against the Germans during the last stages of the war.

It probably the only country that fought along with the Axis forces that was not occupied at the end of the war. (a part of it was actually occupied but was returned several year after the war)
20 Jan 2016, 23:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

0/10, no Simo Hayha

(I know he doesn't fit because he was a few years before)
20 Jan 2016, 23:56 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 17:46 PMVipper

Finns continued to fight until the end of the war, with different levels of intensity. The actually made a deal with Soviets and fought against the Germans during the last stages of the war.

It probably the only country that fought along with the Axis forces that was not occupied at the end of the war. (a part of it was actually occupied but was returned several year after the war)

Could be a commander that can be played on soviets and ostheer :romeoHairDay:
21 Jan 2016, 00:02 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 23:56 PMSirlami

Could be a commander that can be played on soviets and ostheer :romeoHairDay:

Yeeeeeeee.
21 Jan 2016, 00:36 AM

I'd suggest at 22 CP, the "Tume ACE" gets deployed to the battlefield at cost of giving you extra 1000 fuel& muni and if you can stay in game and not lose for 5 mins "Tume ACE" will call troll and doge artillery on the enemy base to win you the game!
21 Jan 2016, 02:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 23:14 PMVuther
0/10, no Simo Hayha

(I know he doesn't fit because he was a few years before)

Actually had him in place of the officer, but with all the hate for Ost Sniper already, an elite version that is the sniper equivalent of a tiger ace would probably result in being burned at the stake :D
21 Jan 2016, 12:53 PM

I like your ideas for a finnish flavoured commander. Maybe increase the cost on those ski troops and give them camoflage ability to create the perfect ambush tactic with them. And even go as far as giving them a smaller scale version of a demolitions charge to sweeten the deal.

Personally I think some kind of commander highlighting the events and tactics used during the battle of Tali-Ihantala would be more than appropriate for the theme of the game.

Now I just have to throw some ideas around. Maybe we will soon have a whole bundle of these commanders.

0cp: No man left behind!
All squads fight harder when they take losses. Finnish infantry had such high fighting spirit and comradery influenced by the fact that every fallen soldier would be granted funeral at his home town.

2cp: Finnish modified Maxim machine gun crew can be called in. This squad has only 4 men but the gun itself has been modified to fire over 700 rounds per minute causing unforeseen suppression and damage. Costs 320mp.

4cp: Artillery spotter NCO squad (320mp)
Call in a squad of artillery NCO. This squad of one NCO and radio operator can use camoflage while in cover to relay orders for a precision artillery strike. Can call in a fast landing consentrated barrage of 3 shots for 100 munitions. Has the sight range of a sniper. This is to reflect the precision over mass of the finnish artillery doctrine. This squad also increases the accuracy of all nearby mortars and AT guns.

6cp: Anti-tank molotovs + Lahti L39 20mm antitank rifle upgrade. These crude but efficient devices excel at burning out the engine compartments of enemy tanks reducing their movement speed to 25%. Any squad can be upgraded with the Lahti L-39 20mm semi-automatic antitank rifle for 120 munitions. This rifle will grant the special ability to do a thread breaker shot for 60MU, completely disabling the movement of the targeted enemy tank.

14cp: Kuhlmey detachment close air support:
To counter the masses of soviet armor, Adolf Hitler has personally ordered the Kuhlmey detachment to be stationed in Finland to assist in stopping the soviet horde from making a final breakthrough. A fast flying FW-190 will strafe all infantry and Ju-87D will provide antitank support for the duration of the ability. If the ability is used on friendly territory 4 runs of fragmentation bombing are dropped in 15 second intervals on any enemy units spotted in the sector. This ability has the one time cheap cost of only 350MU :hyper:
21 Jan 2016, 13:13 PM
Donator 11

I made a suggestion of this before, and I write it here again.

Finnish Continuation War Commander:
(1) 0 CP - Finnish fortifications (enables building of casemates and trenches)
(2) 2 CP - Anti-tank Weapons - Gives ability to shoot a Panzerfaust ("Panssarinyrkki") for all infantry and enables Panzerschrecks ("Panssarikauhu") upgrade for all infantry.
(3) 7 CP - Lagus Armoured Division (Calls in a random Finnish tank: can be a KV-1, T-34/76, T-34/85 or a StuG)
(4) 12 CP - Nenonen's Artillery Barrage
(5) 12 CP - Detachment Kuhlmey's Stuka Strike

But I don't know if I like the random thing which is involved in third commander option anymore. Maybe I wan't to change it to that it calls the tanks in a specific order, that is the first tank that comes when you push the button for the first time is T-34/76, StuG for the second time, KV-1 for the third time, and T-34/85 for the fourth time.
21 Jan 2016, 13:31 PM

i wanna see those ski troops on summer maps :snfPeter:
21 Jan 2016, 13:37 PM
Donator 11

They use bicycles on the summer maps. Problem solved. Watch this trailer!
21 Jan 2016, 15:57 PM

They operate as normal infantry unless equipped with the skis, so on summer maps I think they should have a built in sprint ability for a small muni cost. That way there are drawbacks on both types of map. Skis have a small equipment/de-equipment period, making them vulnerable, while the sprint has a cos.
21 Jan 2016, 16:24 PM

1.Radio silence
2. Ghost patrol jäegers. (ambush ability, either finnish ppsh or automatic rifle m/26 weapoin upgrade, depends on do you want close range or far range squad) 1 model of squad is sniper with sniping ability, and squad uses pfaust and satchel. - Very effective hit and run squad,(as like commandos) with close range upgrades, but also capable on firefight within cover , when upgraded m/26 automatic rifles.
3. Hakkaa päälle ! (i guess there is not good english replacer, but in swedish, hacka på, and well, maybe simply ''charge '' in english) famous finnish shout , from 1500s, came known well in ww2 , when finns charged on enemy while screaming that. Ability givs certain ammount of time defensive boost (rec. acc.) , firerate and accuracy boost. During this time, mp is decreased.
4. Brothers in arms. Yeah i know, wehramcht, why this kinda ability. Well im according mostly on coh1 (dont remember the name, but where u can call in some tanks and infantry) so, with this ability, u can deploy on the field germans stugs(3), one of them command stug (boost nearby friends, has spotter on top , which can spot snipers and camourflaged units) and armored car, with pgrens with schrek upgrade inside it.
5. Counter attack. After soviets assault has been broke , its time for counter attack. This ability is used on enemy sector. During the ability JU87 does 2 AT strafes on enemy tanks, while hawker hurricane keeps enemy planes away and drops some deadly strafes on enemy infantry. During the ability, hawker pilot aces does so hard work, so enemy cant land any airstrikes on this sector. during the strafes, finnish artillery shoots very coordinated barrage on enemy units in area. Shells are few and are not very powerfull, but very accurate. ( during ww2 if fins could shoot 10 shells of artillery a day on its sector, soviet russia countered it with thousands of shells, thats why finnish artillery had to be accurate, and hit on its target, becouse there was not much shots to waste)

as u can see, conversation about finnish commanders in coh2 is very close to my heart :wub:, and im too salty about relic , that they build nothing of the greatest battlefield of east front in this game. like cmon, least what this game gotta have, is finnish commander. Only thing in this game is fking Karelia self made map, which is bs as a map. :romeoPls:

I'd suggest at 22 CP, the "Tume ACE" gets deployed to the battlefield at cost of giving you extra 1000 fuel& muni and if you can stay in game and not lose for 5 mins "Tume ACE" will call troll and doge artillery on the enemy base to win you the game!

alladin pls, im too op, 22 cp not even close enough :luvDerp:
21 Jan 2016, 17:42 PM

I think a call in captured KV-1B with 75mm KwK40 gun would be pretty sweet. A cheaper heavy tank besides the Tiger.
21 Jan 2016, 17:53 PM

lol not gonna happen
21 Jan 2016, 19:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2016, 17:53 PMJ1N6666
lol not gonna happen

Ok? I just put an idea out for discussion and opinions, no need for that attitude.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★