Login

russian armor

List of infantry weapons by DPS

3 Jul 2013, 18:48 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2013, 18:11 PMAdder

Short answer, yes, I would expect Grenadiers to win against Conscripts the majority of the time if the conditions are identical.

But as Tycho mentions, luck plays a non-trivial factor in the game. I've lost a fight between a full health gren squad vs. a combat engineer squad because they killed a man as I charged and it got worse from there.

CoH reminds me a lot of poker. You can make the right decision but still lose, but that doesn't mean you should feel bad about it.

I just lost a game the other day when the board came out 3c 5c 9c and I had QhQc. My opponent went all in and I called, and he had pocket Kings with no club. I hit neither a club nor a Queen and lost.

Perhaps a bit of a tangent, but those who are familiar with Hold 'em will hopefully see what I mean.

nice explanation
3 Jul 2013, 18:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2013, 16:09 PMZ3r07
So Grenadiers are better then Conscripts at everything and whatever range

They're roughly equivalent. The numbers you see on the chart are on a per-model basis. Multiplying these by squad numbers, Gren damage becomes 5.64 near/12.88 far, and Conscript damage is 5.58 near/12 far.

I believe Grens also have a slight armor advantage (without vet; with vet the difference becomes much more significant).

Also consider that Conscripts get Oorah and HtD; they also get molotovs which are more effective than rifle grenades. They can also be spammed from the Soviet base building, allowing them to have an earlier field presence than Grenadiers.
3 Jul 2013, 19:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2013, 18:56 PMbrain

I believe Grens also have a slight armor advantage (without vet; with vet the difference becomes much more significant).

Armor values are here.
3 Jul 2013, 22:19 PM

Thanks. Wow, Maxim DPS is really excessive, isn't it?

What is the DPS of the Artillery Oficer's Luger?
4 Jul 2013, 00:05 AM

I'll try to remember to do his stats tonight, but I figured it didn't really matter since it's just one guy. Even if he does like 8 DPS it doesn't make much of a difference.
4 Jul 2013, 00:47 AM

Jup that is true, just wanted to know how it is vs. a normal Grenadier. I'm just curious :)

Are there any tendencies towards front loaded damage? With this I mean that the weapon stats for Kar98 vs. Mosin look a bit like the Kar98 front loads its damage (faster firing, then longer reload) compared to the more steady DPS of Mosins (slower firing, then shorter reload). I might be a bit mistaken on that.
4 Jul 2013, 23:12 PM

i didn't find the other thread anymore, call me stupid....

this is the way range stuff is calculated in coh2... couldn't find the dev post either :-P

http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?271962-CoH2-Stats&p=1045446882&viewfull=1#post1045446882
5 Jul 2013, 01:47 AM

Okay good, so it's linear. Then my previous formula was correct, then.
5 Jul 2013, 01:51 AM

Updated the chart again with the Officer's Luger.

He does about the same damage as a grenadier.
5 Jul 2013, 13:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jul 2013, 01:47 AMAdder
Okay good, so it's linear. Then my previous formula was correct, then.

not entirely.

first of all, weapons have a min/max range value. then they also have the near/far acc values.
if i understand it correctly, it works like this:
min range to near accuracy is constant: near accuracy
near to far is linear degrading: near_acc-(distance-near)*(near_acc-far_acc)/(far-near)
far range to max range is constant: far accuracy
8 Jul 2013, 12:00 PM

Thanks for adding the Luger! How did you calculate the DPS?

Is it just DAM/TIME? Automatic weapon in this case (luger would be single shot of course, so burstduration and rateoffire would simply be 1)?
Code

DPS=DAM/TIME

DAM = dmg * accuracy(d) * movementmultiplier(true/false) * (burstduration * rateoffire) * (reloadfrequency + 1)

TIME = (1 * readyaimtime + reloadfrequency * fireaimtime) * aimmultiplier
+
(reloadfrequency + 1) * (postfiringaimtime + postfiringcooldown + windup + winddown)
+
reloadduration * reloaddurationmultiplier

Do you know what the cooldown times (e.g. 2.5 - 3.5) are based on? Is it also range dependent or simply random?
8 Jul 2013, 16:33 PM

Thanks for adding the Luger! How did you calculate the DPS?

There's a link at the bottom of the blog post that goes to the COH2.org forum thread where ace4sure provided the formula. It's literally an exact copy of that, unless I screwed something up.

Post firing cooldown is not used as part of the formula, I think. According to the old COH1 stats explanation page they weren't sure what it did, if anything.

Do you know what the cooldown times (e.g. 2.5 - 3.5) are based on? Is it also range dependent or simply random?

There is an actual stat called "cooldown". For any of the range of values, I used the average value.
8 Jul 2013, 19:27 PM

erm... i just had a look at that coh2stats site... sry to tell you this, but the info on there is missing a lot of essential information. therefor, the formula you used is wrong.

for example, the stats site is missing the cooldown duration multiplier values, which are vital to calculate DPS in relation to distance.
8 Jul 2013, 22:21 PM

erm... i just had a look at that coh2stats site... sry to tell you this, but the info on there is missing a lot of essential information. therefor, the formula you used is wrong.

for example, the stats site is missing the cooldown duration multiplier values, which are vital to calculate DPS in relation to distance.

Sure, no problem. I've actually mentioned multiple times in this thread that I think the calculation is most likely imprecise and useful only as a benchmark.

I can easily fix the data. However, to do so I need:

1. an accurate source of stats
2. an accurate formula for calculating the DPS

If you can provide either one of those, I will happily fix the chart.
9 Jul 2013, 08:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2013, 16:33 PMAdder

There's a link at the bottom of the blog post that goes to the COH2.org forum thread where ace4sure provided the formula. It's literally an exact copy of that, unless I screwed something up.

Post firing cooldown is not used as part of the formula, I think. According to the old COH1 stats explanation page they weren't sure what it did, if anything.

There is an actual stat called "cooldown". For any of the range of values, I used the average value.

Woops, didn't see that. Too many years of internet teaching me to only skim most texts, I guess... sorry and thanks :)

I was mainly interested in seeing how the German halftrack does without the flamer upgrade. It came to 2.8 or 2.9 DPS for short range if I remember correctly. Pretty low but when the enemy has the +X% HP for conscripts it might be worth it to take those additional 3 or so HP off that a Grenadier's shot won't.

About the missing stats... do the cooldown multipliers really play such a huge role? Or just for SMGs? Just asking because for many weapons most multipliers seem to be pretty consistent.
Would the current relation between comparable firearms (e.g. Kar98 vs. Mosin) still be kinda the same?
9 Jul 2013, 11:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2013, 22:21 PMAdder

Sure, no problem. I've actually mentioned multiple times in this thread that I think the calculation is most likely imprecise and useful only as a benchmark.

I can easily fix the data. However, to do so I need:

1. an accurate source of stats
2. an accurate formula for calculating the DPS

If you can provide either one of those, I will happily fix the chart.

wait what?! i though i answered this yesterday already... anyways, if you want to, i can send you my statgrabber... it's far from complete, actually, it's more like a first draft, if anything. since it is not yet saving the data it grabs, it is super slow on startup too (you need to extract the sga/rgds once, grabbing the stats takes roughly 15 seconds i'd say). still, it grabs most of data (all relevant information i think, if something is missing it is trivial to implement).

the formula seems roughly correct, though i'd have to go over it in detail to be sure... as for burst weapons, the damage will always be pretty rough, since you are likely calculating dmg vs. a single entity and not a whole squad with a certain number of members in it (this does make a difference -> incremental accuracy).

as a rough dps ranking, your chart is still okay.

cooldown multipliers for kar98k were i think 0.5 for near and 1.5 for far... so three times longer cooldown does seem like a significant amount of damage difference.
Only Relic postRelic 13 Jul 2013, 03:48 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Let me know if you have some questions on how things work.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★