Login

russian armor

List of infantry weapons by DPS

2 Jul 2013, 02:20 AM

Table is here.

I'll do some more tables in the future, and if I'm not too lazy I'll turn this into something more web-friendly and make the source file available somewhere.

Let me know if you see any mistakes or omissions.

Some random notes:
-Wtf, Maxim does so much more damage than the MG42.
-LMG > G43, but 2x G43 does more damage than the LMG.
-Penal Battalions are really, really good.
-Some of the stats (especially SMG DPS) are misleading because ranges aren't well calculated into the formula.
-Conscripts and Grens do identical damage when you factor squad size into account (.93 * 1.5 = ~1.4)
2 Jul 2013, 02:51 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Thanks for this!
2 Jul 2013, 03:03 AM

Excellent work.

If its not too much too ask, could you update it with the near values as well (check out the difference for shock troops with rifles!). Also, could you include Combat Engineers without flamethrowers?
2 Jul 2013, 03:04 AM

But what does more damage? LMG + 3 normal Rifles or 2 G43 + 2 normal Rifles?

Because often it doesn't feel like the G43 do more damage :D

Edit: Ok, one G43 does nearly as much as a LMG and way more than a KAR. But that is not what it feels like^^
Probably because G43 hit the field only when the enemy has already vetted / Elitetroops.
2 Jul 2013, 03:39 AM

If its not too much too ask, could you update it with the near values as well (check out the difference for shock troops with rifles!). Also, could you include Combat Engineers without flamethrowers?

I don't see a separate weapon file for engis, so I assume they use the Mosin Nagant weapon crew stats (would make sense when you look at pioneer SMGs, also shared by the weapon crews).

I'm doing the "near" dps right now. However, during the process I forgot about some eggs I was hard boiling that now taste like slabs of gelatin. I blame you, CombatMuffin!
2 Jul 2013, 03:41 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jul 2013, 02:20 AMAdder
Table is here.

I'll do some more tables in the future, and if I'm not too lazy I'll turn this into something more web-friendly and make the source file available somewhere.

Let me know if you see any mistakes or omissions.

Some random notes:
-Wtf, Maxim does so much more damage than the MG42.
-LMG > G43, but 2x G43 does more damage than the LMG.
-Penal Battalions are really, really good.
-Some of the stats (especially SMG DPS) are misleading because ranges aren't well calculated into the formula.
-Conscripts and Grens do identical damage when you factor squad size into account (.93 * 1.5 = ~1.4)

the dps of the penals is nice yea just the issue that they die so darn fast :/ faster than cons everytime i use em tbh
2 Jul 2013, 03:59 AM

Updated with the near damage values as well.

More notes:
-Most weapons roughly double in DPS at close range.
-SMGs tend to triple.
-G43s only increase by about 40%, but still perform better than their original weapons.
-Penal Battalions are still beasts, holy shit. Check out their close range DPS compared to all other non-PG infantry.
-Grens are a little better up close vs. Conscripts.
-Getting shot by the maxim at point blank has comparable DPS to getting hit by a flamethrower. Minus the whole armor-ignoring, AoE effect of course.
-Pioneers are terrifying at close range. Well, as terrifying as non-combat troops can be.

I don't know if I should leave Shocks on with Mosin Nagant since that's not possible anymore, but I will for now for the sake of completeness (and in case of a patch reverting it).

All these stats are fun. It almost makes me want to go play some games.

Oh wait, Soviets are still broken.
2 Jul 2013, 07:12 AM

Thanks for info ! :)
Seb
2 Jul 2013, 10:21 AM
Admin Black Badge

2 Jul 2013, 19:07 PM

Oh shoot, I forgot DPS LMGs for Guards. I'll fix that tonight.
2 Jul 2013, 19:28 PM

2 Jul 2013, 19:40 PM

This was very helpful thank you.

I wonder if there was anyway to integrate this to the site.
3 Jul 2013, 03:57 AM

Updated to include Guards DP LMGs. Unsurprisingly, they are the best Soviet infantry AP weapon that is not a flamethrower or am HMG.
3 Jul 2013, 16:09 PM
Donator 11

So Grenadiers are better then Conscripts at everything and whatever range
3 Jul 2013, 16:43 PM

Is this accurate ? Why is Panzer Grenadier near DPS = 5.87 but Shock troops near DPS = 2.09 !? I think it should not be this much gap in their skill.

Besides, I would like u to make the chart more comparable (if u please) like this

List of units // Near DPS // Far DPS // Armor // Number of Persons // Manpower // Munition // Unit Cap

So that we can compare their cost with their effictiveness, we can see much clearer which unit is worth getting.
3 Jul 2013, 16:49 PM

Is this accurate ? Why is Panzer Grenadier near DPS = 5.87 but Shock troops near DPS = 2.09 !? I think it should not be this much gap in their skill.

You're looking at the Shock Troops w/ Mosin Nagant rifles, not with PPSh.

That's what they used to have until the recent patch when their MP cost was upped to 460 and they always come with PPSh SMGs now.

With the SMG their DPS is increased by about 40%.

Also remember that this is on a per model basis. The Shock Troops have a larger squad size than PGs, and thus still end up dealing comparable damage despite lower damage per squad member.

That's also why Guards have really high DPS but their actual in-game damage is much lower because two members are equipped with AT rifles.

Besides, I would like u to make the chart more comparable (if u please) like this

List of units // Near DPS // Far DPS // Manpower // Munition

So that we can compare their cost with their effictiveness, we can see much clearer which unit is worth getting.

I'll take it under consideration but it's not high on my list of priorities right now. I'm more interested in doing infantry damage vs. armor calculations (effective dps for other squads) or investigating vehicle armor/penetration.

I think the costs for these units are pretty standardized. I also think that all the units are worth getting, some are just more situational than others.
3 Jul 2013, 16:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2013, 16:09 PMZ3r07
So Grenadiers are better then Conscripts at everything and whatever range

These are just damage stats. They're not the only thing that determines who wins battles, or games.

Cover, moving accuracy modifiers, local numerical superiority, facing, any pre-existing health loss, molotovs, rifle grenades, focus firing, etc. all play very important roles in figuring out who wins fights.

And remember- If you spam Grenadiers and I spam Conscripts, I will always have one more squad than you because I didn't need to build a structure.

That's worth way more than a little extra damage.
3 Jul 2013, 17:06 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2013, 16:55 PMAdder

These are just damage stats. They're not the only thing that determines who wins battles, or games.

Cover, moving accuracy modifiers, local numerical superiority, facing, any pre-existing health loss, molotovs, rifle grenades, focus firing, etc. all play very important roles in figuring out who wins fights.

And remember- If you spam Grenadiers and I spam Conscripts, I will always have one more squad than you because I didn't need to build a structure.

That's worth way more than a little extra damage.

I'm talking early battle, grenadiers vs. conscripts same cover no abilities.
3 Jul 2013, 17:30 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Remember also that a lot of this has to do with luck. If you get lucky and get an early kill on the enemy squad, that cuts their DPS and your success can snowball.
3 Jul 2013, 18:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2013, 17:06 PMZ3r07
I'm talking early battle, grenadiers vs. conscripts same cover no abilities.

Short answer, yes, I would expect Grenadiers to win against Conscripts the majority of the time if the conditions are identical.

But as Tycho mentions, luck plays a non-trivial factor in the game. I've lost a fight between a full health gren squad vs. a combat engineer squad because they killed a man as I charged and it got worse from there.

CoH reminds me a lot of poker. You can make the right decision but still lose, but that doesn't mean you should feel bad about it.

I just lost a game the other day when the board came out 3c 5c 9c and I had QhQc. My opponent went all in and I called, and he had pocket Kings with no club. I hit neither a club nor a Queen and lost.

Perhaps a bit of a tangent, but those who are familiar with Hold 'em will hopefully see what I mean.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 43
Germany 828
Germany 38

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak