Login

russian armor

How to counter AEC

18 Jan 2016, 17:32 PM

This is not an balance thread

I'm just having problems countering the AEC as Ostheer if rushed it comes around 1-2CP, 5min mark. By this time I have placed 1 teller, yet you need luck to destroy it that way.

When it arrives I cant send grens to cap the sides since the AEC will wipe them.

Maybe someone else can give tips on how to counter the 5 minute AEC.

Thanks,
18 Jan 2016, 17:39 PM

Maybe someone else can give tips on how to counter the 5 minute AEC.

Thanks,
That's the problem right there, you can't do anything about it at the moment. Serious suggestion; stop playing as OST, unless you want to experience such situations.

Your only reliable soft counter is PGshrecks, just try to push it back. Don't chase.
20 Jan 2016, 02:19 AM
Donator 11

the AEC does make the OST not viable in 1v1. There is no counter to it at the time it comes out.

Relic fked this up
20 Jan 2016, 03:29 AM

Try using the Ostheer AT gun. Don't worry about staying in T1 too long as UKF are not as aggressive as USF or Soviets early game so you have some breathing room.

Go Gren/Ostruppen heavy and outcap him as he will have low map presence. Pgren shreks work too (one volly will insta kill the Wasp and +faust will finish the AEC pretty well).

Basically do the same thing you do against an AAHT.
20 Jan 2016, 04:49 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 03:29 AMRollo
Try using the Ostheer AT gun. Don't worry about staying in T1 too long as UKF are not as aggressive as USF or Soviets early game so you have some breathing room.

Go Gren/Ostruppen heavy and outcap him as he will have low map presence. Pgren shreks work too (one volly will insta kill the Wasp and +faust will finish the AEC pretty well).

Yeah, this is what I've been doing of late. The really early AEC (5.5mins) makes going sniper a bit scary!

I've been using grenadiers to scare it and grab a pak asap. Once you've got a pak40 you're pretty set though, and you'll need them anyway.
20 Jan 2016, 10:03 AM

I think an AT gun is not a viable option to counter the AEC because of its speed. Well maybe on certain open maps it is, like Arnhem checkpoint.

Maybe the best way to deal with the AEC on maps without much open space is to build a 222 and pgrens with camo. Using the 222 to lure the AEC into a spot where the pgrens can fire from good cover.

Considering ostheer has been a little weak lately a buff to the 222 scoutcar would be nice. Giving it more armor at the cost of a price / resource increase for example.
20 Jan 2016, 16:28 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

222 or puma. Probe with grens. The end.
20 Jan 2016, 17:03 PM

AEC will destroy 222 and as I said AEC comes around 1,5CP puma is 5CP :hansREKT:

As suggested i'm trying ostruppen opening now.
Rum
20 Jan 2016, 20:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 03:29 AMRollo

This. Youre basically having to play like the allies have for the past umpteenth patches. Youre going to have to make that guess as to if he's going aec or not. Regardless you'll need the pak gun for the Cromwell so just preserve your units effectively and bait the aec. A Faust + pak = dead armor
21 Jan 2016, 17:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 02:19 AMrwiggom
the AEC does make the OST not viable in 1v1. There is no counter to it at the time it comes out.

Relic fked this up

Mines, panzerschrecks, AT guns. Even incendiary rounds/panmzerfaust do okay.

It's all about positioning. Most players are in "Drive AEC directly at them" mode so as long as you have some AT on the field you'll be fine.

22 Jan 2016, 01:40 AM
Patrion 15

Ostheer has had many issues in past patches w/ strong light vehicle metas.

Their design hasn't changed much since the beta. Get a pak out asap, zone it with grens, and don't overextend your infantry with the AEC on the field.

The threat of fausts will keep the AEC from completely rolling you, and you can keep it in check until you tech or finish it with your pak. Keep in mind this delays his Cromwell rather significantly which gives you a bit of a window if you decide to tech a P4 asap.
25 Jan 2016, 06:24 AM

The new 5 min aec meta really has the game screwed up competitive 1 vs 1 speaking, Relic really didn't test this enough, or gather enough forum feedback. Lowering it's AOE to 2, even 1.5 would be substantial enough not to steamroll while you wait for pak/puma. In other words, you can't really.
26 Jan 2016, 21:16 PM

An early Pak against Brits is currently a must. I would also pick commanders that bolster early game power to help you hold. If you can push if off but not finish it a Stug is a very attractive option to help hold the line, and finally finish the AEC.

Try baiting the AEC with a gren hidden nearby to a pak when he comes to circle strafe give it a faust. At this point he has to decide whether to try to escape or dive deeper. If you have a 222 now is the time to commit it. He can target the 222 or the pak, not both, giving you time to punish the car.

AEC is too good for cost against Ost right now so the best we can offer is a pretty good way to counter it. Next patch should help to alter this balance back to a more even footing.
26 Jan 2016, 23:19 PM

Yeah a decent player will hug his AEC with sweepers so there is not really a way to destroy it this early in the game, i've also encountered double AEC strats I know this sets them back in teching but the map control double AEC gives justifies this.

I think going osttruppen is currently the most viable way to go vs Brits since you can delay AEC with the mapcontrol osttrupen give and scare it away with faust.

Furthermore we just have to wait on the February patch.
27 Jan 2016, 19:36 PM

I think the key to the AEC is to know the timing of it so as to not overextend and play a little more passive at the time that the AEC will be hitting the field. I also find myself getting either a PG first if I haven't seen it yet or a pak first if I have seen it. Later on I feel that you need to get a StuG or P4 to hunt the little blighter down.

I know this sounds like a lot for one unit but all the units play a key role in AT throughout the game.

Also I don't think you should put your faith in any patch from Relic.
8 Feb 2016, 19:48 PM

Friend and I are having really big problems in our 2's game when we encounter a british player. The AEC, Double AEC or god forbid double Brit for 4 AEC is an incredibly large undertaking to counter.

The current problem is you have to hope your opponent is stupid, if they are on equal skill at you the AEC will dominate.

People will say, mine, use pak40's, etc. A good player will use the detector, a good play circles the Pak40, a good player outranges panzerfausts and the worst part is the mortar pits they build forward because of the AEC.

50 fuel for an AEC is nothing when you are controlling two fuel points and the majority of the map (triple drain).

Currently out strategy is to just drop Wehrmecht/OST and go for OKW and spam Volks, Shrecks, and an early Rakthen. Go Paratroopers or Breakthrough to get a faust on one of your call in units if you need the extra umph! to crack these guys open.

This isn't a biased review, I was an all time allied player all the way. I played the SU hardcore when they were the underdogs. If you don't think allies got it easy right no go roll the brits or usf and tell me you didn't win that game with as little stress as possible. I switched to axis for a challenge, we could roll allies all day and rack up the wins but whats the point? If they game isn't difficult why are you playing? You don't want a challenge? You want to just be handed wins all day?

An easy way to see which sides having an easier time is the search ratio's, back in the day it was almost 90% axis and 10% allies in the search queue for 2v2.. and now its 70% allies and 30% axis. The pendulum swung in the other direction and while people can say " it's the allies turn to crush face! " we all should just want a balanced game because if it doesn't it'll die.
8 Feb 2016, 20:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Feb 2016, 19:48 PMKharn
snip

In 2v2 I have less difficulty countering the AEC, me or my friend just go fast puma as OKW, the aimshot abbility on puma also helps one shotting their snipers.

I do agree with the rest of your post, allies currently steamroll axis in teamgames, wich was the other way around for a long time
8 Feb 2016, 21:23 PM
Donator 22

Early map control. Pak + faust combo until you get t3 seems to work well.
9 Feb 2016, 06:37 AM

The new 5 min aec meta really has the game screwed up competitive 1 vs 1 speaking, Relic really didn't test this enough, or gather enough forum feedback. Lowering it's AOE to 2, even 1.5 would be substantial enough not to steamroll while you wait for pak/puma. In other words, you can't really.

The final games at the esl monthly were all ost vs su, so you're wrong
9 Feb 2016, 06:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2016, 06:37 AMashxu

The final games at the esl monthly were all ost vs su, so you're wrong

....in what world is this coherent thought? :mellow:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %