Login

russian armor

How to counter AEC

9 Feb 2016, 06:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2016, 06:37 AMashxu

The final games at the esl monthly were all ost vs su, so you're wrong

To elaborate, the Brits weren't dominantly used in the final for other reasons. Such as their weak early game.
9 Feb 2016, 07:17 AM
Donator 11

The best counter to AEC is ostruppen spam with sniper. By aggressive ostruppen play you can delay opponents tech and you can do it even if opponent is much better of a player. Sniper bleeds his manpower and retreats 4 men squads giving you further advantage. All you have to do from this point is keep the advantage and tech t2 into pak. If first part is done correctly you can deliver the pak to the field just when he builds the AEC without rushing the building. (Teching too early sets ostheer back in manpower game a lot early on) Now you have sniper, pak, and multiple, probably 4, fausting squads on the field. This counters AEC pretty bad as you can hide one squad behind something for example, or use the fact he tries to kill the sniper and faust him, what obviusly means dead AEC with pak on the field. Even if you dont manage to do this you are still kept on the field by these units so you can go for t3 and build p4 before cromwell arrives. From now on you are the one to have advantage. The only thing that brits can do to counter this is build a sniper of their own and countersnipe. But its obviously your job to disallow it. Thats where 1v1s between ost and ukf are actually won and lost.
9 Feb 2016, 08:07 AM

To elaborate, the Brits weren't dominantly used in the final for other reasons. Such as their weak early game.

then there is no problem. If UKF is still not a favored pick in high level tournaments, then you just need to get good.

As you said, shut down UKF in the early game. Ostruppen is a good counter.

Until we start seeing more UKF in high level play, Axis players need to stop crying and start watching high level matches to see how they deal with UKF because for some reason they still prefer SU or USF.
9 Feb 2016, 08:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2016, 08:07 AMashxu

then there is no problem. If UKF is still not a favored pick in high level tournaments, then you just need to get good.

Until we start seeing more UKF in high level play, Axis players need to stop crying and start watching high level matches to see how they deal with UKF because for some reason they still prefer SU or USF.

so i need the 0cp prosttruppen commander to stay viable against brits? but what about emplacements? i always get told that mortar ht is counter to it, should i pick 2 doctrines then?:bananadance:

but honestly, just go play 1v1 automatch. if you play allies you face okw 99% and if you play ostheer you will face ukf 70% of the time. but ye its all balanced and ost vs ukf is totally fine:foreveralone:

did someone try pio/mg spam into direct t2? (no t1), will give it a try, maybe.
9 Feb 2016, 09:52 AM

Early pak and 2-3 early tellers. I think this is the only thing you can do. Plus choosing a commander that will help you in the early game.
9 Feb 2016, 14:03 PM

Ferwiner is right and it seems the only viable counter. Unfortunate for the players such as myself who haven't got this doctrine. :(
9 Feb 2016, 16:07 PM

I need to get good? Axis players need to stop crying? You sir, are by very definition :sibToxic:.
And believe me when I say it, you truly fulfill every aspect of the definition.
9 Feb 2016, 16:15 PM

To elaborate further, your post count and player card really give you no pedestal to stand on, and your instrument of communication comes off being rude and condescending.
9 Feb 2016, 19:48 PM

Could you guys please read the first sentence of my original post. :sibHyena:
9 Feb 2016, 20:11 PM
Benefactor 392

Your tools are, faust, mines, AT gun, you can even poke at it with a 222.

these dudes are slow for a light vehicle so you can easily avoid it with infantry if you so please.

hell if you feel your opponent is aggressive bait the dude into a teller.

generally when i mean faust i mean to stall for more time, to get things such as an AT gun or time to plant a mine,cap...
if you can when it is on it's last legs, fausting does help.

These are just ideas to throw into the soup bucket.
10 Feb 2016, 09:39 AM

AEC can be on the field @ 4m30s-5m depending on map. Most standard OST builds don't seem to hit T2 until after this (around 6m from my experience). Then you have the delay of building a PAK or building a PGren squad and upgrading it with Panzershrek, whilst the UKF is doing serious damage with the AEC. The answer seems to be to tech earlier than usual, emphasise early capping pressure in your early BO and go for early PGren + PAK. You will need both because smoke.

I'm just a nub tho.
10 Feb 2016, 21:10 PM

AEC can be on the field @ 4m30s-5m depending on map. Most standard OST builds don't seem to hit T2 until after this (around 6m from my experience). Then you have the delay of building a PAK or building a PGren squad and upgrading it with Panzershrek, whilst the UKF is doing serious damage with the AEC. The answer seems to be to tech earlier than usual, emphasise early capping pressure in your early BO and go for early PGren + PAK. You will need both because smoke.

I'm just a nub tho.

I agree with your idea how to counter it, but it sounds good only in theory. Devoting so much resources preparing for AEC you'll be voulnerable to other British units. They will overrun U with infantry and ost units are generally inferior to tommies. U are already fighting uphill battle and suddenly U have to tech, retreat a pio, build a structure, and spend 320 manpower on a pak + 120 munitions on grens. Your doomed if he sees it and doesn't built the AEC but counter with infantry. Generally you have to count on your opponents making huge mistakes with the AEC. Unfortunately, usually the Brit player must be much below your skill if you want to have equal chances of winning.
Uhu
16 Feb 2016, 03:39 AM

Until the patch comes around, it's difficult to implement hard counters.

For now, bait the AEC into a gren-faust by hiding the latter behind something. Avoid chasing it. You're just stalling to build better units.

Facing the UKF as wehr, I find that you have to exercise a lot of restraint. Out-turtle and out-defend the ukf (hopefully that made sense).

That's the best suggestion I can offer.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS