Login

russian armor

Ostheer Stormtrooper Upgrades

18 Jan 2016, 08:06 AM

Hello Guys

I have some simple questions, maybe someone knows it.
Rarely i use Stormtroopers and i have realised its possible to upgrade them with STG44 AND G43.

Is it worth it? I mean, I tryed it once but its very expensive and i didnt noticed the effectiveness. The STG44 with the G43 costs 145 Munition thats a shi* load of munition for just one Unit.

Who uses Stormtroopers? And is there a good strategy? Because i really want to like them, its a cool Unit, but its hard to like them because they are expensive and i think most units can do the same for less.

LG
18 Jan 2016, 08:13 AM

Unless you starve for muni immensely, its pointless to get G43 and if you do starve, you probably lost anyway so it doesn''t matter.

And storms aren't bad, its pretty much grens with 2x better rec acc, camo in cover and different weapons, G43 on them is an utter waste of muni.
18 Jan 2016, 08:17 AM

The only advantage of storms is their reinforcement cost. Other than that, they are just an amo sink.
One shreck is not worthet, it doesn't transform them into a capable AT unit like pzgrenadiers for example, even if they have "cool features" like building spawn and camo, and the stg upgrade is verry expensive and in order to be devastating you have to pay amo again for an ability that makes them kill models fast.
They can also help you to achieve "encirclement" but that's a tactic for dreamers, it won't happen to often.
So, if you like hipster units, I guess you may use them, but don't rely on them to much.
18 Jan 2016, 08:19 AM

Hello.

I am afraid both upgrades is not worth. The Stg one replace ALL your weapons and the G63 will replace two of the STG after :p.
As for usages, Stormtroopers are a niche unit. They are the only "jumpscare" unit of the OST as they can pop out of any unoccupied building and attack ennemy units in the back. Very good against Ennemy MG. THere is also a stategy involving them that try to cap far ennemy territory to create ressources cutoff (and possibly use the close the pocket ability).

However, once they have popped out of a building and done their job, they act like normal grenadiers.

http://www.coh2.org/guides/36516/stormless-s-encirclement-guide

Watch this one, a little bit old but still interesting Guide.

Kozo.
18 Jan 2016, 08:25 AM

they suck hard for such a expensive unit they just get raped bye a standard vet 3 rifle...and there veterancy also sucks..they suck all together stormtroopers and pgs both need high buffs..already make storms mirror rangers..?? and ajust their cost as for pgs adjust/trade their armor with recieved accuracy and buff the stg dmg a little.
18 Jan 2016, 08:54 AM

yeah... the one shrek isnt worth it.

I already thougt about the STG44 and g43 is a bad idea, because they get 4 STG and they are 4 dudes in the squad... isnt much place to take two more G43.

When i use them i use it to try to close the pocket but thats not very effective. Or as, how Kozokus said, the only Ostheer "Jumpscare unit". But they will never be so good as Falschirmjägers are.

I wish they came with STGs so you dont have to buy it, that would be cool.

Well... thank you guys for the tipps.
18 Jan 2016, 08:55 AM

Permanently Banned
Its a shit unit with too expensive upgrades (panzershreck not worth it at all, its like a worse more expensive AT partisan squad, g43 worthless, stg the same as pgrens for 100 muni), bad grenade, firepower of gren squad but costs 100 mp more, and worse veterancy than pgrens. Do not buy. 4v4 troll unit only.
18 Jan 2016, 09:15 AM

I like them, I just dont like their doctrines. I would not mix STG and G43's on one squad. A shrek and G43 yea. They are not mainline / front line infantry, but they can stealthily throw grenades or whipe squads capping, or if you catch them on retreat, with the focus fire ability. (I dont know its name, but it can be great if used at the right time) Ostheer commandos if you will, thats how I see and use them.
18 Jan 2016, 09:25 AM

What Jewdo said. I feel they work better as a Commando type unit. Trying to use them frontline would cost too much muni's.

If you REALLY wanted to spam them and use them as a fighting force, I wouldn't go more then 2. If you do get off a flank with them using focus fire is deadly.
18 Jan 2016, 09:33 AM

Storms with STGs are worth it if you want to ambush a high value unit because the Assault ability melts almost any unit in seconds, well placed STrooper in camo will allow you to kill snipers etc with ease

They're not too great for their cost but very strong against certain units/builds
18 Jan 2016, 10:30 AM
Donator 22

they suck hard for such a expensive unit they just get raped bye a standard vet 3 rifle...and there veterancy also sucks..they suck all together stormtroopers and pgs both need high buffs..already make storms mirror rangers..?? and ajust their cost as for pgs adjust/trade their armor with recieved accuracy and buff the stg dmg a little.

come on they are not bad. Use them with camo, hold fire and STGs for an ambush. You can easily kill a full health squad in seconds, if you opponent not retreat.
18 Jan 2016, 10:37 AM

its a troll upgrade just like the g43 upgrade on pgs
18 Jan 2016, 12:35 PM

Sturmtroopers are the Ostheer most elite unit and are worth every penny. They are however not the easiest to use. I suppose people don't like them because they would rather have an easy mode unit like Obers.

On the topic of G43s: don't bother. Same goes for the single shreck upgrade by the way; it is a waste of the units potential. STG44 upgrade is the only upgrade you should ever get with this unit.
18 Jan 2016, 15:10 PM

I do believe Stormtroopers get the same RA out of the box same as PGs. There a good unit for ambushes with STGs which is basically what they are meant for. If you want the shreck it's not bad as you get armored denction and can ambush overextended or low hp Allied vehicles. People like to extend until they're mid to low health and pull back. Destroyed many a vehicle with stormtroopers but than again Panzerschreck PGs with camo cloak is better.
18 Jan 2016, 15:20 PM

Sturmtroopers are the Ostheer most elite unit and are worth every penny. They are however not the easiest to use. I suppose people don't like them because they would rather have an easy mode unit like Obers.

On the topic of G43s: don't bother. Same goes for the single shreck upgrade by the way; it is a waste of the units potential. STG44 upgrade is the only upgrade you should ever get with this unit.

+1

i wouldn't ever get more than two squads of them... they're shock infantry that work best in concert with other units (surprise, you're playing as OstHeer!). use their camo or use them in conjunction with an MG or regular grenadiers to flank enemy positions and do some damage, or late game, use them to protect PaKs from infantry.

i would only use STGs on them, though if you go shreck and have the ammo, adding G43s allows you to use them more like grens or IS (better at range).
18 Jan 2016, 17:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2016, 08:13 AMKatitof
...And storms aren't bad, its pretty much grens with 2x better rec acc, camo in cover and different weapons, G43 on them is an utter waste of muni.

That is not very accurate, gren and stormtroopers come with the same weapon k98(contrary to post) but similarities end there and are closer to P.G. than to grenadiers, and units do not come with accuracy modifiers but size...

-----------------gren---storm---P.G.s
pop per enity----1---2---2
pop total---------7---8---9
Target.Size------0.91---0.75---0.8
weapon-----------K98------k98---mp44
cost/built/spwan-240---340---340
After request reinforcement costs
----------------30---33---34
(MP of enitity------60---67.5---85)

and they also seem to have very high XP value, making very difficult to vet ...

18 Jan 2016, 19:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Note that mp of entity is "practically useless" as not all units follow the rule of reinforcing for 50% of it's cost.
18 Jan 2016, 22:52 PM

They're effective at entertaining Allied players.

18 Jan 2016, 23:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2016, 22:52 PMLuGer33
They're effective at entertaining Allied players.

But yet, Falls are even funnier.
19 Jan 2016, 03:38 AM

Permanently Banned
People against reducing exp requirements, cost of stgs, buffing of g43 and 1 panzershreck upgrade, mirroring pgren vet why?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★