Login

russian armor

CoH2 Community

18 Jan 2016, 00:55 AM

Is it me or has the CoH2 community or 1v1 gone really toxic?

You rarely get a 1v1 game now where ppl dont wish you cancer once you lose the game.

How many 12 year olds have bought the game recently? I've never remembered it being this bad.

Post here if you have a similar experience.

18 Jan 2016, 01:15 AM

This happens in all online competitive games, especially ones that can be as stressful as CoH2.

I'm usually pretty pissed when I lose 1v1 games, but I keep my anger to myself.
18 Jan 2016, 01:24 AM
Donator 11

There are toxic players but there also are normal ones, in fact toxic players are in minority by a huge margin, you just dont admire kind ones becouse, oh well, they are kind enough not to say anything more than gl hf and gg wp.
18 Jan 2016, 01:26 AM
Patrion 14

IS AWESOME.
18 Jan 2016, 01:57 AM

A lot of my coh2 games have ended this way, more so now than before.

One guy was trying to spam "bg" at the end of the game that I ended up losing too.

Its frustrating to see really.
18 Jan 2016, 02:54 AM
Coder Red Badge

That's called playing a competitive online game. Just ignore it. Which is pretty easy in CoH2 since messages are so hard to see in the first place. Problem solved.
18 Jan 2016, 03:51 AM

Had two bad cases of this just last night.

One went to the effort to post on my steam account how shit I played and that I must be mentally handicapped because we both had a bad game. I did play bad that game but he was far worse.

Another guy abused me for not capping the central point of the map in a 4v4 in Lienne Forrest when I was based on the far right starting in the south of the map as Brits (I was rushing to get to green cover for star and ammo forest side) but doesn't stop people loosing their crap..

I just give up trying to understand it.
18 Jan 2016, 03:54 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I honestly don't see it often. Very rarely, even.
18 Jan 2016, 06:32 AM

This happens. You just have to get used to it , and try to stay away from 1000 + rank players as well as custom games ,in which the noobs muster .
18 Jan 2016, 06:46 AM

I never really get this 1v1. Yea sure I get sour players that throws a one liner and concedes, or the bm gg's.

I do get it 2v2 often, usually I dont even reply. but then sometimes I provoke them because I am thirsty.
18 Jan 2016, 07:30 AM

Oh my, this community is so much adorable and good-manered compared of the one of League of Legend or CSGO or SC2 or TrackManiaNations.
In thoses games, trashtalk is PART of the game :p.

Kozo.
18 Jan 2016, 07:35 AM

I think the worst kind of jerks is top 300 or so who make a new account and smurfing around, then play around with weaker players cursing and talking rubbish to them while they are winning anyway. Frustrated people, usualy one faction (side) players, that cannot overpass their level and cannot stand being beaten.
18 Jan 2016, 07:40 AM

1v1 is more honoraburr
18 Jan 2016, 08:13 AM

I don't regard people who don't use this site or the Reluc official site as part of the community, they're just there for the game and make no effort to get involved.
19 Jan 2016, 10:03 AM

I have played coh2 since release and i have to say that of all the games i have played this one has the best community. The game takes time to master and requires patience, these qualities are commonly found in mature players who take interest in a game and try their best to master it and have fun With it.

I have made a lot of friends through coh2, believe it or not, and some i even talk to in real life without having coh2 as a topic. I believe that if you take the time to say something more than just"glhf" you might find yourself matched With another person just looking to have a good time and play some coh2. Im top 100 1v1 so might that might have something to do With it... im not sure.
19 Jan 2016, 10:18 AM

I like to talk nicely to toxic players, so much fun. Like you did.
19 Jan 2016, 10:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2016, 07:30 AMKozokus
Oh my, this community is so much adorable and good-manered compared of the one of CSGO.
In thoses games, trashtalk is PART of the game :p.
Coh2 is harmless. CSGO has voice! It is a lot worse there for the following reasons:

1) Lose the pistol round and thus having a high chance of losing the next two Eco rounds in CSGO, is part of the game. Yet the game is swarmed by 12 year olds that do not get that concept, don´t have the patience and simply start crying. I love hearing teenagers whispering "Oeh mey goooood" the moment something goes wrong. Then you know the game is going to be a lot harder.

2) Russians. Expecting you to speak Russian. Even when he´s the only Russian on the team. Aka: "Cyka blyat, idi nahui, omg nupp teaaaaam."

3) Cheating is actually a big problem in CSGO. (Also see Russians.)

That being said: Be glad Coh2 doesn´t have voice.

19 Jan 2016, 10:41 AM

Many top-tiered players are toxic as well. If they manage to lose it is all about cheese or broken mechanics. And if you adress their mistakes they immediately jump on you with personal insults. Will not name anyone but lets say they have many viewers on stream :p.

I think the most tolerant tier of players is ranked 10 - 150, at least in my experience.

The funniest thing is when top-tier players loudly complains at "abusive" mechanics just to resort to using them themselves. The irony :))

/Sylla
19 Jan 2016, 11:16 AM

I'm just ignoring the salty ones...
19 Jan 2016, 11:25 AM
Honorary Member Badge

i think he was trying to throw you off your game... he clearly failed miserably :P

also in related news
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS