Login

russian armor

Brit Tactical Support "Artillery Cover"

18 Jan 2016, 07:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2016, 12:09 PMpugzii

Sounds like u were outplayed

Sounds like you are a fanboyism champion, again.
18 Jan 2016, 07:54 AM

All factions have their minuses and their strengths.
Brits are based on tanks and off-maps, because this is what they are comming to the table with. You cannot win if you don't make maximum use of these advantages.
So every time you guys say something is OP or game breaking think at the other weak points of a faction.

Otherwise things will go like this:

1. Please nerf ability/unit/feature X because it's OP. The ability/unit/feature X is/feels OP, because ability/unit/feature Y of the same faction is/feels UP, so it has to compensate with something. BECAUSE ASSYMETRIC BALANCE, WE DON'T WANT MIRROR FACTIONS, HELOOOO..... ANYONE REMEMBER?!

2. So ability/unit/feature X is nerefed, and ability/unit/feature Y is allready shit => faction UP, shitty, doesn't worth playing, etc.

3. Then one of Y or X is buffed and it becomes OP, faction again broken.

And so on.....

So, did it passed through your minds that such things where intended to be, let's say OP, just to compensate other weaknesses?

Hell, I remember how people were bitching about every single unit that OKW has, considering it "OP" while don't having a clue about how hard was to survive.

And look were now, these "wise, experienced" and one faction players brought OKW. Do you like the actual OKW? No? Well, it's your dam' fault, nice persons!

So let's completely fuck up brits now, no?
18 Jan 2016, 08:28 AM

hey okw can use zeroing artillery ./s
18 Jan 2016, 09:17 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

A lot of people are saying use smoke. The issue is that it is usually combined with a free recon plane from the command vehicle also in that commander.
18 Jan 2016, 09:32 AM

A lot of people are saying use smoke. The issue is that it is usually combined with a free recon plane from the command vehicle also in that commander.

Free recon plane is a ridiculous concept in an RTS. And it lasts very long too. Anyone who watched Hans' stream when he was up against brits a while ago, the recon plane was there like 24/7. Permarecon :snfQuinn:
18 Jan 2016, 14:03 PM

Block his sight with what? Your units that are getting raped by the ability? How do you intend on blocking his LOS pray tell.

Ever heard of smoke before?
18 Jan 2016, 14:32 PM

I hate to play against that doctrine and I also love to use it, only because of the gamebreaking arty cover shit. It's just fucking redicioulous. Just won too many games with that ability that I should never had win in the first place
18 Jan 2016, 14:58 PM

fix Stuka Close Air Support and we can talk about artilery cover
18 Jan 2016, 15:00 PM

Triple Kappa :romeoPls::romeoPls:
18 Jan 2016, 15:13 PM
Donator 22

got nerfed several times.
"Your fix A first, then we can talk about nerfing B" argument is a very good contribute :romeoMug:
18 Jan 2016, 15:14 PM

SCAS is pretty much alright now. It has counter play, you can pull back (not getting stunned like a bastard) and let your AA unit take it out with little issue. Centaurs rip apart Stukas and basically wasted 200 munitions for the OST player. Artillery Cover has a limited counter play pool and not only counters infantry but tanks as well.
18 Jan 2016, 15:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2016, 18:18 PMSully
Yes it is overpowered. Abilities that do not allow any counter play should not exist.

Target weak point :snfBarton:
18 Jan 2016, 15:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2016, 15:19 PMKatitof

Target weak point :snfBarton:

Mark Target, British Railway Arty, Bombing Run, British Arty Cover, Critical shot, Ost sniper Vet 1 ability :snfBarton:

18 Jan 2016, 15:40 PM

Mark Target, British Railway Arty, Bombing Run, British Arty Cover, Critical shot, Ost sniper Vet 1 ability :snfBarton:

Bombing runs can be dodged, only static arty will perish.
18 Jan 2016, 18:27 PM

got nerfed several times.
"Your fix A first, then we can talk about nerfing B" argument is a very good contribute :romeoMug:

hah ok i get it u right my argument sux i just wanted to say what i think nothing else

SCAS is pretty much alright now. It has counter play, you can pull back (not getting stunned like a bastard) and let your AA unit take it out with little issue. Centaurs rip apart Stukas and basically wasted 200 munitions for the OST player. Artillery Cover has a limited counter play pool and not only counters infantry but tanks as well.

that make sense sorry for my bad comparison but i think thunderbolt look so much weaker to stukas
18 Jan 2016, 18:39 PM

snip

It's alright, most people would refuse to even look at the other side but I do agree the P-47 rocket strike pales in comparison to SCAS. It does the job but more expensive and worst.
18 Jan 2016, 19:23 PM
Donator 11

It feels like a one-click Ostheer denial or the neutron bomb of coh2.

Wait, i overextended and this ability is focussing my tank. Well i can protect with.....what and how ?
AM i able to get out of a bottlenecks, move behind cover? No, its just death from above. Oh you need sightblockers, well tell this the cromwelll chasing your whatevercripplledtankthatsjustgoingtodienow....
Or its a piat squad for the lolsz. :)

At least give it flares and a decent time to react or a delay to this, maybe that is enough and it joins the line with any other superpotent ability. Or make it like the coh1 ranger arty, small ranomd explosions for a short period in a smaller area with the same effect.

:unsure:

18 Jan 2016, 19:55 PM

Ever heard of smoke before?

Doctrinal, only last a fraction of the time the ability is active, just protects one vehicle, costs munitions, and you still can't use it in the fight. Unless you are suggesting getting a mortar to lay down a smoke barrage! :facepalm:

The argument that you "Block his LOS" just doesn't work.
If you pop smoke you just delay your tank getting gibbed by a few seconds. Try using mortar smoke barrage. It won't land till the ability is over.
19 Jan 2016, 11:58 AM

Doctrinal, only last a fraction of the time the ability is active, just protects one vehicle, costs munitions, and you still can't use it in the fight. Unless you are suggesting getting a mortar to lay down a smoke barrage! :facepalm:

The argument that you "Block his LOS" just doesn't work.
If you pop smoke you just delay your tank getting gibbed by a few seconds. Try using mortar smoke barrage. It won't land till the ability is over.

The only thing I would understand is how the command vehicle gives free vision for no cost or risk and allows the ability to be used to it's full effect.

Your problem with it might not be it BUT the lack of usage of smoke.

And smoke is something I used alot with USF.

And also don't forget there are abilitys that might not disable units BUT don't even need LoS to fire and have alot of firepower.

I would suggest the command vehicle gets replaced with another ability in that commander,this way we solve the free LoS problem.
19 Jan 2016, 19:44 PM

The biggest issue is the engine damage. Replace it with turret jam or stunned gunner so that vehicles actually have a chance to back out or blitz through.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 19
Netherlands 5
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak