Login

russian armor

Brit Tactical Support "Artillery Cover"

Is Tactical Support's "Artillery Cover" too much of a game-changer?
Option Distribution Votes
66%
34%
Total votes: 100
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
17 Jan 2016, 07:52 AM

This is for 2v2

This ability needs to be toned down. While I'm generally OK with the aircraft loiter/strafe, artillery cover is a whole different level of ability. It not only pins infantry in a MASSIVE area, it heavily damages tanks, stuns them, and lasts a very, very long time. In crucial moments of the game, this ability can be game breaking.

I.e. close VP matches. Unlike strafe, which (after the flare warning) pins once, then has a large delay until its second attack, this is consistent for a very long period of time. In longer games, its almost spam-able (yes, even at 250muni), especially in cases of dual brits.

My suggestion would be to bring it inline with something like sector arty, while also decreasing its cost. It's simply too "anti-everything" right now: it stops attacks (area denial), it pins infantry, damages tanks (heavily) all over a massive area (sometimes half the width of the map) , and over a very long period of time (more than enough to decap and then re-cap a point, and bring in more units).

Thoughts?
17 Jan 2016, 08:11 AM

Permanently Banned
The problem is that it causes engine damage. Thats just too good.
17 Jan 2016, 08:16 AM
Patrion 14

The problem is that it causes engine damage. Thats just too good.

Only play 2v2s and yes, the engine damage is the one thing that bothers me with this.
17 Jan 2016, 08:17 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2016, 08:16 AMLe Wish

Only play 2v2s and yes, the engine damage is the one thing that bothers me with this.

I cannot remember but didnt they patch this months ago and changed engine damage to weapon disabled? And then it got patched back in soon after? Also, unlike a lot of artillery this ability tracks and will hit any units within its radius. I'd be happy if it just couldn't cause engine damage, but also maybe the suppression should be dialed back so it doesn't pin and just suppresses.

This way it just renders tanks and infantry powerless, but doesn't outright fuck everything in the circle with pinning, damage, and engine damage. I hope relic will fix.
17 Jan 2016, 08:19 AM

What it does is
1 renders your infantry useless and dying and
2 damages your tanks and stuns them so they can't fire back.
For ostheer especially, which tends to be more defensive and reliant on combined arms and support weapons, this ability wrecks you completely with (as relic puts it) "very little counter play". It either needs to not pinn infantry or not stun tanks. One or the other along with a price decrease I think.
17 Jan 2016, 08:23 AM

What it does is
1 renders your infantry useless and dying and
2 damages your tanks and stuns them so they can't fire back.
For ostheer especially, which tends to be more defensive and reliant on combined arms and support weapons, this ability wrecks you completely with (as relic puts it) "very little counter play". It either needs to not pinn infantry or not stun tanks. One or the other along with a price decrease I think.

+1

No idea how I forgot this, but yea. MG squads/mortars/Paks just get destroyed by this, which basically removes any power for Ost to do anything.
17 Jan 2016, 08:29 AM

I had a Vet 5 command panther that took out no less than 8 British tanks. Clearly I had this guy by his throat. He was still able to be in the game due to this ability alone. Add that with the USF p47s straff combo that you often seen as well.

It's a click and forget. Requiring zero,0,none,negative micro to use. With zero,0,none,negative counterplay. If pushing the enemy, They put it where it's more behind you. Causing you to either

A. Move towards the enemy. In which you can lose it all or
B. Reverse through it, causing engine damages and temp critical, letting the enemy move in with ease. Especially against KT, elephant, JTs. They move from the side so the artillery doesn't do friendly fire...

Main reason why I'm no longer gonna play this game..I don't see how anything that broken is able to make it into a game like this. Engine damage to a full health tank? Really now

ADD that with the constant LMG blobbing, with the repetitive tier 2 rush for AT guns. Same shit on this game different day...GG
17 Jan 2016, 08:31 AM
Patrion 14

As stated earlier in thread, in a 2v2 enviroment its not that hard to save up 400-500 munitions. Spammable could be discussed if its a thing, however, you rarely need more than 2 runs of any potent ability like this (if it hits and is somewhat intelligently placed) to cripple your enemy enough to get a win.

Wiping crewweapons are ofc no fun, but for starters I think a dial down on the tank-cripple would be a good way to start not to overnerf a 250 muni ability.
17 Jan 2016, 08:34 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2016, 08:31 AMLe Wish
As stated earlier in thread, in a 2v2 enviroment its not that hard to save up 400-500 munitions. Spammable could be discussed if its a thing, however, you rarely need more than 2 runs of any potent ability like this (if it hits and is somewhat intelligently placed) to cripple your enemy enough to get a win.

Wiping crewweapons are ofc no fun, but for starters I think a dial down on the tank-cripple would be a good way to start not to overnerf a 250 muni ability.

I mean we can just drop the cost to like 200. Look at zeroing artillery. Thats 300 and its utter trash.
17 Jan 2016, 11:27 AM
Patrion 26

I mean we can just drop the cost to like 200. Look at zeroing artillery. Thats 300 and its utter trash.

If you think zeroing is utter trash, you're using it wrong. Keep vision and you can wipe whole armies with it, heavy tanks and all.
17 Jan 2016, 12:07 PM

Artillery cover is basically a "get out of jail free" card for Allies.
It is just one-click "wipe all tank engines in area" ability. I saw how entrie games was won by this ability. It is horribly unbalanced.
17 Jan 2016, 12:09 PM

I had a Vet 5 command panther that took out no less than 8 British tanks. Clearly I had this guy by his throat. He was still able to be in the game due to this ability alone. Add that with the USF p47s straff combo that you often seen as well.

It's a click and forget. Requiring zero,0,none,negative micro to use. With zero,0,none,negative counterplay. If pushing the enemy, They put it where it's more behind you. Causing you to either

A. Move towards the enemy. In which you can lose it all or
B. Reverse through it, causing engine damages and temp critical, letting the enemy move in with ease. Especially against KT, elephant, JTs. They move from the side so the artillery doesn't do friendly fire...

Main reason why I'm no longer gonna play this game..I don't see how anything that broken is able to make it into a game like this. Engine damage to a full health tank? Really now

ADD that with the constant LMG blobbing, with the repetitive tier 2 rush for AT guns. Same shit on this game different day...GG

Sounds like u were outplayed
17 Jan 2016, 15:22 PM

Better keep it same or Relic quadruple nerf it into another worthless doctrine.
17 Jan 2016, 15:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2016, 12:09 PMpugzii

Sounds like u were outplayed

I have haters, I have people who are obsessed with me, I have people who wanna know how I do it, where I get it from, what ima do next. Then I have you. Someone who's always watching my words that needs to reply to 9/10 of my post... your an odd fella. You don't look right or healthy at all by doing that son.
17 Jan 2016, 17:21 PM

I have haters, I have people who are obsessed with me, I have people who wanna know how I do it, where I get it from, what ima do next. Then I have you. Someone who's always watching my words that needs to reply to 9/10 of my post... your an odd fella. You don't look right or healthy at all by doing that son.

I don't always agree with Gopher... But when I do, it's that artillery cover is stupid overpowered.

There's no counter play, it comes down almost instantly, and it engine damages so fast. It negates all your infantry and has a massive AoE. It's nutty.
17 Jan 2016, 17:36 PM

i thught the brits are so well designed...

as evry1 stated when they came out
17 Jan 2016, 17:40 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

If UKF have areas on which is underperforming, offmaps is the area which is greatly overperforming (this as an example or Concentrated artillery operation)
17 Jan 2016, 18:02 PM
Patrion 310

Since this ability requires sight to work, any idea if you smoke your units, will it stop the barrage?
17 Jan 2016, 18:18 PM

Yes it is overpowered. Abilities that do not allow any counter play should not exist.
17 Jan 2016, 18:21 PM
Donator 22

no engine damage anymore pls
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment