Login

russian armor

List of Brit Bugs/General Bugs

20 Jan 2016, 13:10 PM

Not sure if bug or a feature:

Infantry Section have bonus when in cover. I does not matter which side they are. In late game they have that bonus always because of the craters...

I took i while before i understood that they have this bonus on wrong side of the cover and made me multiple nasty supprises. because of it (Why would you hug that wall on the wrong side, oh you shoot faster and see farther that way...)
20 Jan 2016, 15:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 12:23 PMJespe

Nope i was just saying that Britts are as capable to fight garrison as Ost on tier 1 their weapon is just different. (when for example contesting garrison with first units brits always win (IS/vic vs. Mg42/Pio)

Britt and ost mortars have different jobs... And Grenades and riflenades againt they have different jobs too.

I i understand that brit sniper thing it is annoying... But same time i think it saves snipers as they don't run after those pesky machinegehwers... Usually nowadays use the ost sniper the same way against buildings as brit would be needed to.

I must point out that the only reasonable option for Brits garrison counter in teir 1 is the Vickers HMG. That’s literally it. Even then the HMG needs heavy cover or a garrison if its to try dislodge anything with a decent amount of firepower. And its a slow process.
Technically speaking a HMG42 will do the same and will only loose if it has to go against a Vickers (From teir 1 units that is).

A standard UC may work in a pinch but its gonna take a lot of damage (which you can't repair until RE) and will be slow.

Ost on the other hand have three effective options from tier 1
1.) The flamer on pios - very effective.
2.) Mortars – effective, safe and can provide smoke cover.
3.) Sniper – slightly less effective than the brit sniper but comes out much earlier.

The story is little different when both reach teir 2 however ost still have more options with the addition of:
1.) Panzer Grens with StGs and bundle grenades - effective at close range.
2.) Flamer halftrack - very deadly but a little squishy and loose reinforce ability.
3.) Rifle grenades - range advantage.

Whilst Brits get:
1.) Wasp upgrade - effective but very fragile making it risky.
2.) Mortar pits - effective but position dependant, can provide smoke but requires vet 1.
3.) IS grenades - stock standard grenades.
4.) Base arty - bit of a joke and very RNG dependant as well as costly in muni.

Lets not forget that the Ost also get call in units where as brits get bugger all:
1.) Mortar halftrack
2.) Assault grens
3.) Stormtroopers

It seems somewhat disingenuous to say that Brits are as capable at clearing out garrisons when they clearly have fewer less effective options available in the low tier stage. Its not that they don't have tools, its just not gonna be as easy and/or as timely as the Ost options.
20 Jan 2016, 17:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 13:10 PMJespe
Not sure if bug or a feature:

Infantry Section have bonus when in cover. I does not matter which side they are. In late game they have that bonus always because of the craters...

I took i while before i understood that they have this bonus on wrong side of the cover and made me multiple nasty supprises. because of it (Why would you hug that wall on the wrong side, oh you shoot faster and see farther that way...)

Pretty sure it's a feature
20 Jan 2016, 17:15 PM
Donator 11

1.Paratrooper nade as well as ranger nade will often not throw but take the munitions and have a cool down.
2. AEC stun round will often not work, any LOS blockers will lock the turret down and make it refuse to shoot unless you hit the stop button
3. Not sure if intended, mortar pit smoke rounds don't have the same range as the regular rounds.
4. Comet still lacking physical rounds as other 17 pndrs have.
5. Not sure if intended, 17pndr emplacment is out ranged by jagtiger by 5
6. pnzr werfer is still doing full damage to units inside buildings rather than .25 that other rocket arty have.

Thats all I can think of right now lol, will add more later.
20 Jan 2016, 17:18 PM
Donator 11

Update
7. Vikers MG will reset the suppression on the target squad if the model dies. causing the gun to cooldown and re-aim.
20 Jan 2016, 21:40 PM

I wonder if that explains why it doesn't suppress as much as you'd expect...

You'd think that suppression would be held by the target squad, it shouldn't matter who is firing at it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 46
Poland 10
United States 8
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %