Login

russian armor

new AEC is overpowered

PAGES (20)down
28 Jan 2016, 04:31 AM

AEC is weak to AT weapons

Puma is not due to range, okw also has the Volk blob and puppchens that can attack while ukf has the infantry section and aec to attack. And if neither side attack, turtling and harassment happens-where okw always wins. If the ukf with multiple AEC attack, it's an all in vulnerable to all AT. So logically even though it over performs the AEC is only a "balance" issue against Ost, where it is broken.

BUT- AEC price needs increase to 70 fuel, it's basically a motorized t70 with less AI and more AT, that comes earlier on average.

30 Jan 2016, 17:42 PM

I'll have to come back on my reaction after playing against it sometime. It's range gives it a huge advantage and is freaking hitting every goddamn unit. Deadly as hell and extremely hard to kill, haven't seen any puma that hard to kill. It's comming a bit too eary.
30 Jan 2016, 20:51 PM

I'd be fine with reverting some of the previous buffs, or a timing nerf...if PIATs are buffed to the level of Panzershrecks with the stupid 'attack-ground' requirement removed and a form of AT Snare being introduced for British Forces (bring back the Sniper's Vet0 Snare)

The British would be unplayable again if the AEC was nerfed otherwise or delayed.
30 Jan 2016, 21:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2016, 20:51 PMDoggo
I'd be fine with reverting some of the previous buffs, or a timing nerf...if PIATs are buffed to the level of Panzershrecks with the stupid 'attack-ground' requirement removed and a form of AT Snare being introduced for British Forces (bring back the Sniper's Vet0 Snare)

The British would be unplayable again if the AEC was nerfed otherwise or delayed.

Man, PIATs are pretty deadly. I use two REs with piats to instakill panzer ivs if they are moving any slower than flat out, or turning. Range on piats is crazy and they can wipe mgs too.

Also critical shot should stay vet 1 ability. Otherwise Brits would just spam snipers. As it is now, you need to prove your worth as a sniper before you get given superhero privileges.
30 Jan 2016, 21:05 PM

Then the AEC should stay as it is; no timing, tech or stat changes.
30 Jan 2016, 21:34 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2016, 21:05 PMDoggo
Then the AEC should stay as it is; no timing, tech or stat changes.

AEC is batshit crutch unit. Should cover artillery stay as well?

http://coh2chart.com/

British winrate at 77% you gotta be fuckin kidding me LOL.
30 Jan 2016, 23:30 PM

The AEC is definitely a crutch unit for an otherwise weak early faction.

I would still prefer the AEC to be more like the puma so the bren carrier can act as the anti-infantry vehicle. Turning the AEC into a generalist vehicle make the Bren carrier redundant.

However, in the future I would like Relic to bring back the current AEC as the Chaffee. The current AEC is pretty much what I imagine the Chaffee to be like. I think it would be fine as long as the Chaffee is 6/5 cp.
30 Jan 2016, 23:36 PM

Firesparks, you say "weak early game faction" while ignoring the simple truth that the Brits balance this with a STRONG middle and late game. If Brits are made as strong as others in early game, isn't it right then to make them less strong in late game? But of course not, because variety of faction design is what makes this game interesting.

I wish people would stop calling for a mirror equality across everything, or everyone will be as bored as hell.

Also, defenders of all the AEC buffs should do as people keep suggesting and check coh2chart.com
It's embarrassing how overpowerforming the Brits are right now.
30 Jan 2016, 23:52 PM

Permanently Banned
Just having durable light vehicles is gigantic advantage because you bleed far less, can attack in many places rapidly and increase bleed on the enemy all at the same time. When one faction has it, and the other does not then its just shit.

Ostheer vs USF & UKF is the worst.
31 Jan 2016, 00:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2016, 23:36 PMRappy
Firesparks, you say "weak early game faction" while ignoring the simple truth that the Brits balance this with a STRONG middle and late game. If Brits are made as strong as others in early game, isn't it right then to make them less strong in late game? But of course not, because variety of faction design is what makes this game interesting.

I wish people would stop calling for a mirror equality across everything, or everyone will be as bored as hell.

Also, defenders of all the AEC buffs should do as people keep suggesting and check coh2chart.com
It's embarrassing how overpowerforming the Brits are right now.

Is okw the only faction allowed to be decent throughout the match?

Ever since UKF released, their late game have been successively nerfed patch after patch. The UKF's late game is now "merely" on par with the wehr and okw, but with a significantly worst early game except for the AEC. Making the UKF unique doesn't mean making them uniquely bad.
31 Jan 2016, 01:42 AM

Is okw the only faction allowed to be decent throughout the match?

Ever since UKF released, their late game have been successively nerfed patch after patch. The UKF's late game is now "merely" on par with the wehr and okw, but with a significantly worst early game except for the AEC. Making the UKF unique doesn't mean making them uniquely bad.

Now you are conveniently omitting that Brits have a ridiculously strong mid-game aren't you? Cheap powerful medium tanks galore. Emplacements that take half the game to get on top of, if at all... Infantry with double Brens... Come on. Don't pretend like Brits are hard off.
31 Jan 2016, 05:37 AM
Donator 22

5 posts invisied.

Constructive criticism about the developers is allowed. CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

Developer disrespect is not allowed. You all know better. Show some maturity eh?
31 Jan 2016, 05:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2016, 01:42 AMRappy

Now you are conveniently omitting that Brits have a ridiculously strong mid-game aren't you? Cheap powerful medium tanks galore. Emplacements that take half the game to get on top of, if at all... Infantry with double Brens... Come on. Don't pretend like Brits are hard off.

and as if the OKW doesn't have access to king tiger, panther, jagdpanther, obers, and stuka?

British's late game is strong, but it's not really better than the OKW's late game.
31 Jan 2016, 06:34 AM

and as if the OKW doesn't have access to king tiger, panther, jagdpanther, obers, and stuka?

British's late game is strong, but it's not really better than the OKW's late game.

Mid-game dude, I said mid-game. Brits have a super strong mid-game.
31 Jan 2016, 06:50 AM

People have a right to be angry. We waited through like months and months of imbalance with flamer riflemen, howitzers that cause suppression, and all this other nonsense that actually made rifle company banned in OCF.

And finally they get the patch out and the game balance is good for once in a long while and only one month later, the balance is even worse than it was before.

If they had actually playtested, it would've been obvious that the AEC change was way too much but instead they went ahead with their nonsense like they always do and who knows how many more months until they patch the game.

The AEC is more powerful than the stuart or t70 and comes out as fast as a 222. It's is unbelivably OP.
31 Jan 2016, 08:06 AM

AEC is batshit crutch unit. Should cover artillery stay as well?

http://coh2chart.com/

British winrate at 77% you gotta be fuckin kidding me LOL.

Yes. Until the British get an AT Snare. The UKF was losing pretty hard once it was removed, thanks to all the unnecessary nerfs the faction recieved. Nobody picked British Forces in tournaments and was widely regarded as nerfed to hell pre-AEC buff.

Nerf the AEC when the Sniper's Snare is brought back to Vet0 without any change to the unit otherwise and when PIATs become as efficient as other hand-held AT. Plus Infantry Sections should have an AT Grenade.
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 56

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment