Login

russian armor

new AEC is overpowered

PAGES (20)down
27 Jan 2016, 17:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 17:07 PMKatitof

You mean like brit players had to wait for 2 months to even be able to compete in ANY game mode?

You forgot to mention the 3 (or was it 4?) Months Of ukf roflstomping everything ?:bananadance:
27 Jan 2016, 17:39 PM

You forgot to mention the 3 (or was it 4?) Months Of ukf roflstomping everything ?:bananadance:

Hush now! This game is clearly in Nazi favor and UKF/USF and especially Soviets need a buff to reach that 100% winrate in 1v1.
-Katitof
27 Jan 2016, 18:10 PM

Not really relevant, because every single new faction was doing it upon release, vanila ones not being exception(4 min flame ht/Kv-8 hybrid in your base anyone?).
27 Jan 2016, 18:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 18:10 PMKatitof

Not really relevant, because every single new faction was doing it upon release, vanila ones not being exception(4 min flame ht/Kv-8 hybrid in your base anyone?).

Your argument is not relevant either then.

Anyway aec is op end of story.
27 Jan 2016, 18:31 PM

Sorry to hear you enjoyed the game more at release, I don't really understand how that is possible since the game was mostly RNG fest at release with heavy cheese (sniper clown cars anyone?).

It sounds like COH2 is no longer the game for you. Honestly at the end of the day, I still prefer COH1, but I cannot have that.

It was faster paced (Vp drain mattered more, teching was quicker), cold tech offered significantly more tactical depth, most cheese was entirely counterable including sniper clown cars. (Could get an upgunned 222 much quicker than you can now.) There was also no real "standard" play, everyone was just figuring the game out. What really kills things for me in CoH2 these days is how I feel like I am playing league of legends. Everyone plays the same way, in the last few months I've played some ~300 hours (Yes, that much) and I've seen maybe three players that I thought really had a cool, unique playstyle. I watch these games where high level players float 500 munitions and I begin to understand why this game's competitive scene is so stagnant and dull. A huge part of it is the balance room: everything is tuned so it fits nicely into a little box. (Remember when MG42 bulletins increased suppression and were effective and everyone moaned that they were too good? MUH MASS INFANTRY MUST ALWAYS WORK. NO I WILL NOT USE SMOKE OR OTHER COUNTERS.) The AEC is a great example: it never needed buffs, but because it didn't fit into everyone's little tactical box it was dismissed as a shitty unit. Chances are in the process of "bringing it in line" we're going to get a higher fuel cost on it and it's going to completely be unable to fulfill it's old roles before it became another Stuart.

27 Jan 2016, 18:40 PM

Well, with ukf they really have a hard time balancing I guess

flame bren op...then up
centaur op...then up
bofors op...then up
churchill op...then balanced
aec up...then balanced (except against ostheer) hope they won't nerf it into the ground

Imho the solution is really easy since it only affects ostheer. They just have to add more armor to the 222 for a mp/fuel increase like it has been suggested many times now.
27 Jan 2016, 18:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 18:33 PMKatitof

Yes, AEC is strong and comes early, but both axis factions are more then capable of fielding AT to counter it when it arrives just as allies are capable of fighting Luchs which arrives a minute later.

You obviously haven't played ostheer since the 14th of january. Please stop making ridiculous statements.
27 Jan 2016, 19:45 PM

Well, with ukf they really have a hard time balancing I guess

flame bren op...then up
centaur op...then up
bofors op...then up
churchill op...then balanced
aec up...then balanced (except against ostheer) hope they won't nerf it into the ground

Imho the solution is really easy since it only affects ostheer. They just have to add more armor to the 222 for a mp/fuel increase like it has been suggested many times now.

centaur for example is still stronger than ostwind and comes earlier. bofors only seems "UP" because it was so ridiculously overpowered. it's still a nice area denial tool. churchills still have their batshit crazy grenades.

ukf still has enough "leftovers" from release like some of the auras that give crazy bonuses or REs raping even PGs when in cover... AEC also was "balanced" before, since it was an optional side-tech to counter light vehicles, like for example the luchs. people complained about it being "useless" (because, let's be honest, against ostheer it was) and relic made it into a 5 minute allrounder that can end the game on its own... i wouldn't exactly call that balanced.
27 Jan 2016, 19:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 19:45 PMcr4wler

(because, let's be honest, against ostheer it was)

Except it chewed up 222's and halftracks, was great for harassing their base (med bunkers were juicy targets) and decent against medium tanks like ostwind or pziv.

It was niche, which seems appropriate for side tech.
27 Jan 2016, 19:52 PM

Except it chewed up 222's and halftracks, was great for harassing their base (med bunkers were juicy targets) and decent against medium tanks like ostwind or pziv.

It was niche, which seems appropriate for side tech.

yeah, but to be fair, it was pretty expensive if you only wanted to use it against 222s and HTs, because you could also deal with those with infantry alone or maybe an AT gun.

so yeah, it wasn't COMPLETELY useless, but probably too expensive for what it did. but yes, it was niche.
27 Jan 2016, 19:55 PM

I think it just needs a little snip to the range and make smoke a vet 1 or 2 ability.

You can't nerf it too much, because as Brits it is a choice between the Bofor and the AEC. It is refreshing that there is that option at the moment. It is quite a big sacrifice to take the AEC, especially since the Cromwell is basically superior in every way and is not THAT much more expensive.
27 Jan 2016, 20:00 PM

Permanently Banned
Sight to 35. Research time increased 45 seconds. -60 mp + 5 fuel.

The perfect tweak.

No overnerfs, just right. Still viable.
27 Jan 2016, 20:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 19:55 PMRappy
I think it just needs a little snip to the range and make smoke a vet 1 or 2 ability.

You can't nerf it too much, because as Brits it is a choice between the Bofor and the AEC. It is refreshing that there is that option at the moment. It is quite a big sacrifice to take the AEC, especially since the Cromwell is basically superior in every way and is not THAT much more expensive.

...and at the moment the decision to take AEC is a no-brainer, because your cromwell will still come at roughly the same time because of your increased map control with the AEC. that is if the game lasts long enough for a cromwell to even hit the field ;-)
27 Jan 2016, 20:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 20:01 PMcr4wler

...and at the moment the decision to take AEC is a no-brainer, because your cromwell will still come at roughly the same time because of your increased map control with the AEC. that is if the game lasts long enough for a cromwell to even hit the field ;-)

I disagree. on some maps it makes no sense to forgo the bofor just for a slightly earlier generalist vehicle.

But like I said, I think it should be slightly nerfed in range and smoke moved to vet 1 or 2. Then it will be a tougher choice.
27 Jan 2016, 20:26 PM

I enjoy fighting against the Brits at the moment anyway. It feels like a challenge. They have some really badass kit and it takes thinking on your feet to get around the problems. On the other hand, its like hitting yourself with a rotten fish skeleton playing against soviet maxim spam nowadays. It's not so much a challenge as a tedious laborious chore.
27 Jan 2016, 20:27 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 20:01 PMcr4wler

Not so much a no-brainer as a necessity. Unless you go with the premium Spec Weps regiment, you'll get walked over by Luchs, flame HT or even 222 if it doesn't dive you. The only problem with the AEC right now is the vision and timing aspects that make it a tad strong vs Ostheer. At least grens have fasuts to punish over-aggression.

The reason it was buffed in the first place was due to it being an overpriced, worse Puma (40 range to 50) that needed side tech. It was far from 'fine' as many are advoctaing
27 Jan 2016, 20:31 PM

Pretty much I think the major issue with the AEC can be solved by righteously buffing the Ostheer, rather than too heavily nerfing the AEC.
27 Jan 2016, 20:36 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 20:31 PMRappy
Pretty much I think the major issue with the AEC can be solved by righteously buffing the Ostheer, rather than too heavily nerfing the AEC.

Thats why you dont heavily nerf the AEC and only nerf the areas that are clearly overperforming. Like how it comes out at 5 minutes where other factions light tanks come out at 7. Or the fact that it can self spot and then some, while other light tanks only have 35 vision.

Besides. Its not just against british that ostheer struggles with. Ostheer gets screwed by all light vehicle play. Some small buffs to the 222 should be considered so that it can better perform against infantry to help alleviate some of the overwhelming pressure ost feels solely relying on pak40s.
27 Jan 2016, 20:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 20:27 PMYunohh

Not so much a no-brainer as a necessity. Unless you go with the premium Spec Weps regiment, you'll get walked over by Luchs, flame HT or even 222 if it doesn't dive you. The only problem with the AEC right now is the vision and timing aspects that make it a tad strong vs Ostheer. At least grens have fasuts to punish over-aggression.

The reason it was buffed in the first place was due to it being an overpriced, worse Puma (40 range to 50) that needed side tech. It was far from 'fine' as many are advoctaing

the AEC still came earlier than the puma (at least WAY earlier than the ost puma), and outclassed the puma in pretty much every aspect apart from range. also, the AEC is (or was) supposed to counter pretty much everything BUT the puma, so that comparison is void in and off of itself. 222s and HTs (flames?! where does ostheer get the ammo for that from? flame HT means 0 mines, no schrecks, no LMGs, no NOTHING) can be countered by small arms, especially if you do have some dedicated AT along with it.

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 20:31 PMRappy

ostheer needed buffs like 6 months ago... now straight up buffs won't help anymore, unless you make fausts for free with like 3 sec cooldown (every other faction has light tanks that can come earlier than pretty much anything ostheer can field against it).
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS