Login

russian armor

Relic give up on putting native language?

12 Jan 2016, 19:48 PM

as the post says has relic given up on implementing a native language option into the game?
nee
12 Jan 2016, 22:15 PM

They didn't so much "gave up" as to "never aspired in the first place".
12 Jan 2016, 23:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2016, 22:15 PMnee
They didn't so much "gave up" as to "never aspired in the first place".

maybe its about time they ought to do it. how long has it been since its release? 4-5+ years they had plenty of time to do it. but instead they focused of bug fixing, dlc and game balancing and those i can assure you can go on for an eternity because you can apply all the patches and bug fixes you want into a game and its never going to be perfect. best time to put a native language option using existing sound files into the game if u ask me
nee
13 Jan 2016, 04:24 AM

It's 3 years.

Focusing on bug fixes and game balance are what I'd think are much more important than a feature that very few people would bother to use, and even fewer would appreciate.

They have no reasons for doing what you want. They aren't going to get paid for it, maybe they are waiting for you to start begging for DLC so they can milk your wallet?

They probably also haven't cleaned up their file archives, hell I'd wager there's a crapload of old CoH1 sound files in there too. I mean CoH1 models made it into the game.
13 Jan 2016, 08:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2016, 04:24 AMnee
It's 3 years.

Focusing on bug fixes and game balance are what I'd think are much more important than a feature that very few people would bother to use, and even fewer would appreciate.

They have no reasons for doing what you want. They aren't going to get paid for it, maybe they are waiting for you to start begging for DLC so they can milk your wallet?

They probably also haven't cleaned up their file archives, hell I'd wager there's a crapload of old CoH1 sound files in there too. I mean CoH1 models made it into the game.

so you prefer that the axis and soviet units are speaking in corny english? at least USF and brit voices sound convincing better than those other 3 factions i spoke of. ugh hearing axis and soviet dialogue in english is nauseating.
13 Jan 2016, 08:31 AM

As a native rus speaker i say that english soviet voices amazing. English voices of ost and grens especially i like very much too. So i would never bother about native lang thing.
13 Jan 2016, 08:34 AM

so you prefer that the axis and soviet units are speaking in corny english? at least USF and brit voices sound convincing better than those other 3 factions i spoke of. ugh hearing axis and soviet dialogue in english is nauseating.

It takes a lot of time, a lot of money, a recording studio, a lot of people, castings.
For no particular added value to the game.
Yet, it also needs an option to turn it out as a lot of people want to understand what the voices says. Too much effort.

Kozo.
13 Jan 2016, 08:36 AM

As a native rus speaker i say that english soviet voices amazing. English voices of ost and grens especially i like very much too. So i would never bother about native lang thing.

really? when i heard them speak it sounded really corny and fake. I would prefer the soviets speaking in their native tongues. the same goes for the germans. it feels more authentic.
13 Jan 2016, 08:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2016, 08:34 AMKozokus

It takes a lot of time, a lot of money, a recording studio, a lot of people, castings.

There is ger as well as ru version of the game, there is obviously US/UK version. All with their own voice acting, so that is already done.

Still would likely require building new client, which is a considerable effort, more then ctrl+c ctrl+v.
13 Jan 2016, 08:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2016, 08:34 AMKozokus

For no particular added value to the game.
Yet, it also needs an option to turn it out as a lot of people want to understand what the voices says. Too much effort.

Kozo.

there's already existing "regional localizations" in the game (eg. changing the language option from english to german or russian via steam if u get what im trying to say). all relic needs to do is do a little programming and boom! u got native language option in the game.
13 Jan 2016, 08:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2016, 08:38 AMKatitof

There is ger as well as ru version of the game, there is obviously US/UK version. All with their own voice acting, so that is already done.

Still would likely require building new client, which is a considerable effort, more then ctrl+c ctrl+v.

they shud go for it then how much value can relic get by implementing native language for free vs dlc?
besides investors shud spare NO expense. its just money and u can get it all bak in time.
13 Jan 2016, 09:28 AM

really? when i heard them speak it sounded really corny and fake. I would prefer the soviets speaking in their native tongues. the same goes for the germans. it feels more authentic.

For me they sound really cool very expressive. Rus ver of coh 2 is much much worser than english. And i repeat, i wouldn't bother myself using native lang mods bcz english version is ok.
13 Jan 2016, 09:44 AM

there's already existing "regional localizations" in the game (eg. changing the language option from english to german or russian via steam if u get what im trying to say). all relic needs to do is do a little programming and boom! u got native language option in the game.

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2016, 08:38 AMKatitof

Ah my i completly forgot. You are right. (both)
About programming their code is already rigid enough to prevent us from rejoining a game you just disconnected from so i doubt that will be a feature.

Kozo.
13 Jan 2016, 09:55 AM

Russian version of Soviets is pretty good but missing some black humor of original.
13 Jan 2016, 10:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2016, 09:55 AMrejfor
Russian version of Soviets is pretty good but missing some black humor of original.

Definitely not enough "cyka blyat"
13 Jan 2016, 10:51 AM

Definitely not enough "cyka blyat"

Absolutely.
13 Jan 2016, 13:27 PM

"If you're not dying, you're not trying, comrades!"
I could never play Soviets without that.
13 Jan 2016, 14:49 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2015, 18:08 PMKyle_RE
Hey Guys,

So I did have a chat with the game team on this and it is something that has been in the backlog for some time. I have proposed the communities suggestions here to the engineering team but it appears there is more work involved then it would seem to have this implemented. The engineering team still thinks it would be easier for Relic to add the option ourselves but unfortunately prioritizing it against other features and work is the challenge. Therefore this will continue to move up the backlog as we know it is something that players want and would like to have.

There is something that we would be open to getting community support with however. If the community is interested in focusing their energy on making some Theatre of War packs that we could add to our TOW section in the game, this is something we could see happening in the future. USF or UKF TOW packs anyone?

from the last time you made a thread about this. This means it is indeed probably not going to happen, making new threads about it all time won't help either.
13 Jan 2016, 15:38 PM

i actually dont care at all about it.

no idea why you guys are longing for it so hard
13 Jan 2016, 20:27 PM

i actually dont care at all about it.

no idea why you guys are longing for it so hard

if you dont care much about it why dont you watch a foreign film dubbed in english then? you'll see why.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 73

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight