Login

russian armor

Soviet Tanks VS Infantry

11 Jan 2016, 12:19 PM

Now I'm not here to complain about damage output of Soviet tanks.

I'm here to complain about their ridiculous scatter.

The sole reason of which is supposedly because of Wehrmacht's smaller squad size. But is that really a valid excuse to give them huge scatter? Their damage is OK when they hit, keyword being 'when' since they miss so often and lack the Area effect of other factions.

For example, the IS-2. It could easily wipe a AT gun crew with it's behemoth gun, but it's scatter is so ridiculous it's like the crew want to miss on purpose. Hell the DSHK mount often kills more infantry than main gun, this in a supposedly ''Breakthrough tank''.

Soviet scatter needs significant reduction. Not bonus when they vet, but vet 0 reduction since it's so absurd.

11 Jan 2016, 12:29 PM
Patrion 14

Gotta stand still to hit something, like all tanks except maby the sherman. Trust me, standing still works wonders. Shoot from far away late game so you don't over extend.
11 Jan 2016, 12:40 PM

Hello.

Like InRealLife, running and shooting at somethin' is difficult, same goes for your tanks (and soldiers).
If memory serves, it is accuracy*50% when shooting on the move for soldiers, but i admit i dont know for tanks. Possibly quite the same (+50% scatter?)

Kozo.
11 Jan 2016, 12:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2016, 12:40 PMKozokus
Hello.

Like InRealLife, running and shooting at somethin' is difficult, same goes for your tanks (and soldiers).
If memory serves, it is accuracy*50% when shooting on the move for soldiers, but i admit i dont know for tanks. Possibly quite the same (+50% scatter?)

Kozo.

Moving tanks have 50% scatter and accuracy penalties.

Some(mainly shermans who actually did had stabilizers) have less penalty.
11 Jan 2016, 12:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2016, 12:29 PMLooney
Gotta stand still to hit something, like all tanks except maby the sherman. Trust me, standing still works wonders. Shoot from far away late game so you don't over extend.

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2016, 12:40 PMKozokus
Hello.

Kozo.

I'm assuming you think I'm a noob who doesn't know that. Soviet tanks still have absurd scatter anyhow.
11 Jan 2016, 12:58 PM

I'm assuming you think I'm a noob who doesn't know that.

Certenly not. I had absolutly no idea if you knew it or not. Had you showed a playercard i could have made a better guess about your experience of the game.
However, i prefer to say "obvious" things than leave someone in the dark.
Still this part of the game is not that obvious at all and a lot of player lately discover that mechanics (like me).

Kozo.
11 Jan 2016, 13:06 PM

About OP, if i remember the numbers, the scatter of ,let's say, the T34 is quite close to the one of the P4 (6.50-7?) and the T70 is very precise, even more than the Ostwind (1.50-3)
Tanks in general have bad scatter.

Kozo.
11 Jan 2016, 14:02 PM
Patrion 14

Kozo is a cool guy
11 Jan 2016, 18:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

T34-76 needs better MG

Rest of tanks are fine.
11 Jan 2016, 18:30 PM

Now I'm not here to complain about damage output of Soviet tanks.

I'm here to complain about their ridiculous scatter.

The sole reason of which is supposedly because of Wehrmacht's smaller squad size. But is that really a valid excuse to give them huge scatter? Their damage is OK when they hit, keyword being 'when' since they miss so often and lack the Area effect of other factions.

For example, the IS-2. It could easily wipe a AT gun crew with it's behemoth gun, but it's scatter is so ridiculous it's like the crew want to miss on purpose. Hell the DSHK mount often kills more infantry than main gun, this in a supposedly ''Breakthrough tank''.

Soviet scatter needs significant reduction. Not bonus when they vet, but vet 0 reduction since it's so absurd.

Soviets are drunk. Vodka does wonders
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS