Login

russian armor

ostheer teir 2 changes

15 Jan 2016, 21:37 PM

Way too many people greatly overestimate 222 capabilities...

If it had correct scale we wouldn't have this problem.
With its current scale, people tend to believe it was actually armored or well armed compared to allied heavy armored cars, while in fact it was barely any bigger then soviet M3.

At the end, wrong scale makes people think it was some kind of light tank.
15 Jan 2016, 21:39 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2016, 21:37 PMKatitof

With its current scale, people tend to believe it was actually armored or well armed compared to allied heavy armored cars, while in fact it was barely any bigger then soviet M3.

The model size has nothing to do with it. All people want is the 222 to not be made of tissues and actually be able to harm infantry. Its cheap as chips cost is also too low and is holding it back. Why you are so adamant to see this unit actually perform is beyond me.
15 Jan 2016, 21:46 PM

I think the 222 is fine, if I were to change anything, it would be maybe accuracy or infantry damage. It should be able to kill a bit better with a 20mm cannon. I also don't know about the rest of you but it matches up with light tanks pretty damn well. Creative use of shotblockers, fausts, speed, and panzer tactician have allowed me to wipe the floor with allied armor. Then when I play with a buddy of mine and we cooperate with two? Game over for any Stuart/AEC/T-70.
15 Jan 2016, 21:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2016, 21:37 PMKatitof

Earlier versions' armour was about the same as the M3A1's 12mm's, but there was a version after 1942 with 30mm of frontal armour which was more than M20's, so I think there's historical precedence for it at best.

I don't really care what they do with the thing's entire concept though.
15 Jan 2016, 21:50 PM

i like how people suggest mine and panzerfausts but seem to forget how expensive they are in early game as otheer.. Im sorry but ostheer is missing a light vehcile that every other faction has that can produce a productive counter of harassment like all the other factions can.. a pak is a defensive unit that ostheer has to produce early in order to fight off light vechiles which will keep ostheer at its struggling to hold on to small amounts of territory early game problem. The amount of MP a good oshteer players can spare early game is zero to non if they hope to survive againts an agressive allied palyer... point final.. they need an early game light vehicle, because the 222 still doesn't cut it. As ostheer i think the worst think to fight are halftracks... they are so mobile and can always harass and suppress youre grens.. its treacherous..
16 Jan 2016, 03:05 AM

Why are we discussing it's real life capabilities? In real life the 222 had a 2,8 cm mounted on it that penetrated an IS 2 (in the front). The 2 cm gun the 222 now has was capable of penetrating T-34s.

If we buff 222s offensive abilities you should definitely lower it's vision though. Just because it was a 'scout car' by name doesn't mean it should be able to maphack at vet 2 and spotting scopes. Make the maphack an ability with munition cost and cooldown and I would be okay with it. Otherwise I think people are underestimating it.
16 Jan 2016, 03:35 AM

The 222 should perform like a scout car, because it is a scout car.

This. The 222 should be able to protect isolated points from lone capping units, harass enemy snipers, and provide good reconnaissance to enhance the effectiveness of MGs and AT guns. It shouldn't be a counter to light tanks, Ostheer has enough of those already. It shouldn't be an offensive shock unit, that doesn't fit with the faction playstyle or the other units available at that point in the game.

With that in mind the 222 could use a slight buff to its firepower against individual infantry squads (with a commensurate cost increase), and some other improvement that enables it to kill isolated/fleeing snipers more easily. Vet bonuses should work to enhance its reconnaissance capabilities so it can remain useful later in the game. It doesn't need any buff to its penetration or survivability.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 6
Australia 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment