Login

russian armor

Weird bulletin

1 Jul 2013, 11:43 AM

Hey, I don`t know if this is bug but i found bulletin which gives 10% faster guard rifles, penals and shocktroopers recruitment. Would not be anything weird about this if guard rifles and shocktroopers were not an off map.
1 Jul 2013, 12:21 PM

In alpha, these were units that were built from your T1 building that replaced the Penal Batallion. So this bulletin must be a holdover from that.
1 Jul 2013, 12:34 PM

Ahh ok , now I understand. So this is useless now.
1 Jul 2013, 14:27 PM

The call-ins recharge faster, so you can spam shock troops faster! :D
1 Jul 2013, 15:16 PM

Oh so it reduces it`s cooldown by 10%? Hm, that sounds good.
1 Jul 2013, 15:26 PM

It sound good in theory, but if it takes 45 seconds to produce a unit, it will now take...40. Not a game changer if you produce a single unit. If it were SC2 or AOK, then sure, but here, the bulletings don't really affect (unless some of the advanced ones were stackable).
1 Jul 2013, 16:09 PM

Yeah I know, but anything which helps me is good and if i have to choose between bulleting i`d rather choose that one which support my game style :)
1 Jul 2013, 16:24 PM

Yeah I know, but anything which helps me is good and if i have to choose between bulleting i`d rather choose that one which support my game style :)

Well said
1 Jul 2013, 16:55 PM

Not to completely shat all over your idea, but... </pants> ;)

Reducing call-in time doesn't help at all unless you are massively floating resources. At 480MP a pop you would need to have almost 900MP in the bank for it to be possible to call in a second thing as soon as the cooldown expired. I would recommend picking cards that don't rely on poor resource management but that will help support your game style.

Well, my job here is done. <pants>

1 Jul 2013, 17:14 PM

My last post was not about that specific bulletin. It was just answer to Combatmuffin. I know that bulletin is crap.It sounds good only for few first seconds.
1 Jul 2013, 17:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jul 2013, 16:55 PMShazz

Not to completely shat all over your idea, but... </pants> ;)

Reducing call-in time doesn't help at all unless you are massively floating resources. At 480MP a pop you would need to have almost 900MP in the bank for it to be possible to call in a second thing as soon as the cooldown expired. I would recommend picking cards that don't rely on poor resource management but that will help support your game style.

Well, my job here is done. <pants>

No single bulletin will impact your gameplay performance. AT ALL. It might one day give you that extra 2% to kill one dude faster, but it won't give you a winning formula. Ever. Not with those percentages.

I've seen the "Ultimate" Bulletins, which merge the benefits from two bulletins into one (freeing up a slot). Even if you could stack these, with the original ones to stack say, a 4% damage with another 4% damage, it is still very small.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Smart positioning, strategic thinking and situational awareness of the battlefield will get you victories more often than any bulletin or APM possible right now.
1 Jul 2013, 18:13 PM

I really wonder my Gren +4% damage does anything or what
1 Jul 2013, 20:38 PM

Also there is a Bulletin that decreases the cost of the penetrating ammo for German MGs by 2%. This is 0,3 and therefor 0...
1 Jul 2013, 21:36 PM

I think they went overboard with the Bulletins. I still insist that bulletins should have very good values that DO affect the way you play, but for every advantage, you should get a disadvantage.

So maybe infantry can do 20% more damage, but but takes 1.5 more population (and thus upkeep).Maybe MG's come at vet 1, but take 50% more time to set up, and reload than usual.

Heck, you can even go for big game changers: conscripts get smoke grenades, instead of AT grenades. Grenadiers lose fausts but gain the ability to plant mines.

Stuff like that...

1 Jul 2013, 22:01 PM

^That is a good Idea. If everything has a disatvantage its about CUSOMIZATION. Everyone plays diffrent then. But if they give only advantages you will be very soon forced to take for example the Cons/Gren one, because they could win you every single inf engagement.

Another option to achive this would be, that you could take 1 Bulletin for 1 Unittype. That way you dont need to sacrife power elsewhere because you need strong cons/Grens.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 19
South Africa 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment