Login

russian armor

Can We Return the KT Requirement?

9 Jan 2016, 09:12 AM

I felt that original KT requirement was a good concept. To field the KT you had to have all 3 trucks up and operational. If you ignored the trucks, you let him have the KT.

Now they can just call it in whether or not you have destroyed the truck. If I destroy a flak hq, my opponent will just say "Welp, better save for the KT now". Depending on the situation, I didn't hurt him at all.

Can we return the requirement to have all 3 trucks up at all times in order to get the KT? I felt that at least encourages me to counter it early.

EDIT:
I have been corrected that it wasn't a requirement but here is my response

"Well first I apologize since I thought that was how it always was. That just means all my efforts of destroying their Flak HQ are pretty much in vain.

Secondly they could reduce the cost of the KT itself with the requirement. I'd like an opportunity to deprive them of the KT."
9 Jan 2016, 09:18 AM

That was actually never a requirement, as far as I can remember. Since Alpha you just had to drop the trucks and you were good, even if they got wrecked.
9 Jan 2016, 09:54 AM

Fuel tech requirment is 40+40+120=200
KT. = 310
Total = 510
Then you want to make it possibly 550 or 630 fuel. I don't think so friend.
9 Jan 2016, 10:03 AM

That was actually never a requirement, as far as I can remember. Since Alpha you just had to drop the trucks and you were good, even if they got wrecked.

correct!
9 Jan 2016, 10:09 AM

it would be nice if they would change it.
9 Jan 2016, 21:07 PM

Fuel tech requirment is 40+40+120=200
KT. = 310
Total = 510
Then you want to make it possibly 550 or 630 fuel. I don't think so friend.

Well first I apologize since I thought that was how it always was. That just means all my efforts of destroying their Flak HQ are pretty much in vain.

Secondly they could reduce the cost of the KT itself with the requirement. I'd like an opportunity to deprive them of the KT.
9 Jan 2016, 21:27 PM

Well first I apologize since I thought that was how it always was. That just means all my efforts of destroying their Flak HQ are pretty much in vain.

Secondly they could reduce the cost of the KT itself with the requirement. I'd like an opportunity to deprive them of the KT.

So making him unable to build Ober/JP4/Pz IV/Panther is in vain?
Try surviving until a KT with volks and no armor.
10 Jan 2016, 02:03 AM
Patrion 14

I think this should be how the KT works anyways. Its kind of silly that killing an OKW HQ only means that your opponent can just wait a bit longer and get a KT out.

And yes Siuking, it is quite easy to just rely on volks, doctrinal infantry, and raketans until the KT arrives. (AT = volks + rak, AI = elite infantry supported by volks and/or light armor).
10 Jan 2016, 07:37 AM

I don't ever recall destroying the trucks preventing it they only had to be built at some stage. Not even simultaneously.

I support requiring all three trucks. OR, if we're adding side-grades, then making it so all three side-grades are required (each sidegrade would be like 15 fuel or 20 depending on how good they were).
10 Jan 2016, 08:01 AM
Patrion 27

+1 It would make sense. If you want to wait it out for a KT you need more conservative truck placements.
10 Jan 2016, 08:59 AM
Patrion 15

If you try to "rush" KT you have to spent 1620 MP & 550 Fuel.
Current stats of KT is good but not that great.
10 Jan 2016, 16:51 PM

I felt that original KT requirement was a good concept. To field the KT you had to have all 3 trucks up and operational. If you ignored the trucks, you let him have the KT.

Now they can just call it in whether or not you have destroyed the truck. If I destroy a flak hq, my opponent will just say "Welp, better save for the KT now". Depending on the situation, I didn't hurt him at all.

Can we return the requirement to have all 3 trucks up at all times in order to get the KT? I felt that at least encourages me to counter it early.

true never thought about that, but I always felt like if they were gna make this change make the kt have a waaay longer build time
10 Jan 2016, 17:16 PM

I saw the pre-buff KT as a sort of come back mechanism for the OKW. A way to compensate for the fuel penalty and wait time when losing trucks. Since neither of those apply anymore I'd fully support requiring all three deployed and active.
10 Jan 2016, 17:24 PM

yes, BUT...
it should still be a call-in
(maybe get a little boost to compensate)

The good thing about the "all trucks must live" requirement: It involves decision making: Should i place agressive trucks? But maybe loose kt access over it.
Currently, it's silly how reckless truck placement can still result in a fielded kt.

But maybe then it could use a slight boost to compensate (price or whatever)

i could be wrong, though, it just seems logical to me :P
10 Jan 2016, 17:43 PM

KT does not require all buildings to be set up because it is designed as a last stand unit. Making it require all tech would eliminate it from game.

Side note: Currently destroying base HQ makes no difference on gameplay. It is only a very limited role since it means you won't be able to build the units that it constructs. By the time it dies you should already have these units and should not need to build more. In fact it can act like a boost since it allows multiple engineer units to be called in at discount.
10 Jan 2016, 17:48 PM
Donator 11

OKW can be really aggressive with their HQs without any consequences for losing them. They can lose all three of their HQs and still bring out King Tigers backed up by Volks because that is all you need.

This is a terrible design that needs fixing ASAP.
11 Jan 2016, 08:55 AM

Hello.

Destroying a flak HQ is never in vain.

Kozo.
12 Jan 2016, 07:44 AM

Personally, I like the idea of requiring all the trucks on the field. That being said, I'd also suggest shifting some of its rear armor to front armor and toning down the AoE a little bit so its less vulnerable to Jackson kites but is more vulnerable to flanking mediums and infantry counters.
12 Jan 2016, 08:16 AM
Donator 22

OKW can be really aggressive with their HQs without any consequences for losing them. They can lose all three of their HQs and still bring out King Tigers backed up by Volks because that is all you need.

This is a terrible design that needs fixing ASAP.

loosing all three tiers without no consequence :foreveralone: No medic and no repair anymore.
12 Jan 2016, 09:12 AM

loosing all three tiers without no consequence :foreveralone: No medic and no repair anymore.

Well not having a repair point just puts them in the position of every other faction.

Destroying the medic bunker hurts(losing access to healing and units), but it's only 200 MP and 25 fuel if I recall, that won't set them back that hard.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★