Login

russian armor

T70 needs IMMEDIATE NERF

PAGES (11)down
24 Jul 2013, 09:06 AM

Permanently Banned
Nerf its range.

Its currently too good at hovering at max range and sniping infantry, where Fausts cant deploy to counter its speed.
24 Jul 2013, 09:24 AM

As you can't dodge things like fausts and AT-nades, reducing its range so that it is far more likely to be fausted would end up oversimplifying the unit and its counters.

I'd prefer a long-range or accuracy while moving decrease.
24 Jul 2013, 12:18 PM

Just played a game with T-70s. I've had 2 PaKs ready to fight the T-70, and they couldn't hit the damn thing. Probably 1 in 5 hit the T-70.

Yep, nothing in T1/T2 counters.

T-70 should really get hit by the PaK most of the time, just like the M8 with the PaK
24 Jul 2013, 12:37 PM

Yeah, just increase Pak accuracy vs it. If the German player has 1-2 Paks, then they've planned sufficiently and should win the engagement. Nerfing its range would make it a pointless buy, if it couldn't shoot at infantry without getting fausted every time. Right now it's the only thing of real value in Soviet T3 anyway, and it has a limited span of real usefulness. It only takes one P4 to come out and ruin your day.
24 Jul 2013, 12:40 PM

Yeah, just increase Pak accuracy vs it. If the German player has 1-2 Paks, then they've planned sufficiently and should win the engagement. Nerfing its range would make it a pointless buy, if it couldn't shoot at infantry without getting fausted every time. Right now it's the only thing of real value in Soviet T3 anyway, and it has a limited span of real usefulness. It only takes one P4 to come out and ruin your day.

Agreed. It's good for the T-70 to fill in that role. The only problem is nothing in German T1-T2 counters it - solution, rather than nerf T-70, buff PaK so it's more accurate.
24 Jul 2013, 14:23 PM

Pak accuracy would be great. Leave the T70 stats then, but reduce its accuracy vs retreating squads.

Also I dont think it will be unreasonable to make its range longer than the faust, but about equal to the schrek. This way T70 won't have to fear grens too much if well microed, but schreks should be a solid counter to t70. Currently one schrek squad just wont even chase away a t70 unless you also fausted it by some miracle. Fight between one schrek squad and T70 should almost be a tie, with a slight edge to t70.
24 Jul 2013, 16:19 PM

Going shrecks first means no flamer halftrack to deal with htd conscripts, and no upgunned AC for any M3s.

maybe you should cap a munitions point?
24 Jul 2013, 16:20 PM

maybe you should cap a munitions point?
Serious question: Have you ever played a 1v1 as Ost?
24 Jul 2013, 18:05 PM

Its ranged should be reduced, NOT so it can be fausted, but so it can be shrekked. It currently outranges shreks. Its a T3 high mobility unit, it should be hard to faust.

Its true that the T70 becomes obsolete against german tanks, but the same could be said of the Flamer HT for instance: which costs a lot more to field if you factor the munitions required.

I usually the T70 as a unit that most likely WILL die, but if you have TWO minutes with it on the field, you can decimate your opponent. Use those two minutes (if you get five, thats a VERY long time) to destroy anything the German army has that can support their tanks: MG's make the best targets, since they can stop your AT Nades from approaching.

Yes, it is true that getting the T70 slows you down for T4. Allow me to retort: Any Ostheer player MUST go through the three tiers nowadays. They must spend escalation resources AND the building cost to get to Tier 3. You don't.

A single T34 can stop the first P4 by immoblizing it and, if you know you are going T3 will slow your SU-85's, then why not start with a tier that gives you some AT? The ZiS works wonders if the enemy tank is immobilized AND your T70 destroy any infantry trying to approach it.
24 Jul 2013, 19:33 PM

A single T34 can stop the first P4 by immoblizing it...

Hah, now thats funny! Guy who is saying that german army has no solid counter to T70, tells us the way soviets should counter P4 - you need just a 'single' T34 to disable it for 10 seconds (loosing T34 in 95% chance, P4 will survive in 9 out of 10 cases, also there is a good chance of T34 pathfinding glitch, leaving the latter with overhaet engine), and this is considered a 'good' counter, while shrecks killing T70 in couple of volleys is a 'bad' counter. After reading the thread all I see is a lot of wide red holes, which used to be brown and tiny... and now they scream for revenge!

The balance decisions and statements are made on hundreds, thousands of games - only statistic might show the narrow places in balance, not the single point of view, even from pros (they also might expierence sudden discomfort below the spine). And I dont doupt even the slightest that everyone here have that much expierence.
24 Jul 2013, 19:44 PM

A single T34 can stop the first P4 by immoblizing it and, if you know you are going T3 will slow your SU-85's, then why not start with a tier that gives you some AT? The ZiS works wonders if the enemy tank is immobilized AND your T70 destroy any infantry trying to approach it.

Aaaand a single faust can stop a T34 from ramming. T34 is the one that is immobilized and dies in a couple of seconds after a ram more often than not while the P4 limps away and gets repaired.

Unless the German player overextended the Zis isn't going to finish it off with that slow rate of fire.

24 Jul 2013, 20:07 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't find it feasible to go both T3 and T4 in a competitive 1v1? What kind of fuel income are we talking where you're able to field T70s, a T34 (to be thrown away with a ram), and SU-85s. Building that many units before the SU-85 would leave me as toast.
24 Jul 2013, 21:47 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't find it feasible to go both T3 and T4 in a competitive 1v1? What kind of fuel income are we talking where you're able to field T70s, a T34 (to be thrown away with a ram), and SU-85s. Building that many units before the SU-85 would leave me as toast.

Russians really only get to choose one of the buildings unless they have a fuck ton of fuel to spare. Even most team games will end with the soviets having only two buildings. That's why they have more commander units, to fill in the gaps.
25 Jul 2013, 08:44 AM

Permanently Banned
T70 outranges Shrek.
T70s outrange Fausts.
T70 counters 222.
PaK is gimp.
Mines are an option.

A well microed T70 is uncounterable at this timing and tier.

T70 needs a range nerf to return a timing/tier relevant risk/reward.
25 Jul 2013, 09:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2013, 08:44 AMNullist
T70 outranges Shrek.
T70s outrange Fausts.
T70 counters 222.
PaK is gimp.
Mines are an option.

Agreed. I will add :
  • that the range nerf need only be slight.(still longer range than fausts but equal range to schreks)

• accuracy vs retreating squads must be reduced greatly though

• accuracy of pak needs to be better.
25 Jul 2013, 10:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2013, 08:44 AMNullist
T70 outranges Shrek.
T70s outrange Fausts.
T70 counters 222.
PaK is gimp.
Mines are an option.

I disagree. If anything, the PaK should be buffed for accuracy.
25 Jul 2013, 11:32 AM

Permanently Banned
I dont care if you disagree, because you have no supporting arguments or points.
25 Jul 2013, 13:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2013, 11:32 AMNullist
I dont care if you disagree, because you have no supporting arguments or points.

Do I really have to repeat what I've said previously just a few posts ago...

But okay to keep it short

T70s = M8 - devastating - infantry can deal with it a bit but not as well as a Pak 40.

The Pak 38 in VCoH is a M8 hard counter.

Currently, the Pak 40 is not a T-70 hard counter, even though it should be. How can you possibly hard counter a unit if you can't hit it...

Hence, Pak 40 needs buff. T-70 should keep as it is, except less damage on retreating troops.
25 Jul 2013, 14:14 PM

Permanently Banned
PaK needs a buff regardless.

T70 needs a range reduction regardless.
25 Jul 2013, 15:53 PM

I disagree. Nerfing range to shrek range would make the T70 gimp. On a tank that's geared toward fighting infantry, it shouldn't be counterable with only infantry. A double shrek hit will take this thing out (I think). Yes, it's too good right now. No, I don't agree with a range nerf as the fix.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight