Login

russian armor

T70 needs IMMEDIATE NERF

PAGES (11)down
3 Jul 2013, 09:47 AM

Tellar Mine, 60 Muni. Learn to lure into it.
3 Jul 2013, 10:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2013, 09:47 AMHissy
Tellar Mine, 60 Muni. Learn to lure into it.

Typical Soviet only player comment.
3 Jul 2013, 10:34 AM

The germans need a serious overhall. They seem totally restricted all the time. Sick of always being on the back foot from the start. Any decent upgrades are too expensive and the commanders are shocking compared to the russians
3 Jul 2013, 10:35 AM

I usually always get vet 3 with my t70 :D

In like 90% of my games :) this tank is a beast :)
3 Jul 2013, 10:49 AM

The germans need a serious overhall. They seem totally restricted all the time. Sick of always being on the back foot from the start. Any decent upgrades are too expensive and the commanders are shocking compared to the russians

o.O Germans are restricted?
It is one thing to believe that German units are worse than russian ones, but the russians are definitely more restricted due to their way higher cost on buildings. There is a reason why you only see either T1 or T2 and T3 or T4. It's because russians are restricted by their choice.

What restricts German players?

In my opinion, yes, the russians are a bit on the stronger side atm, but it is not as big as people make it seem. And if you can't beat them now, it won't be much easier after the next patch were russian might get toned down a bit.

edit: except if relic over nerfs them due to people exaggerating.
3 Jul 2013, 11:15 AM

And 240 munition just for one fucking cheap tank -> balance is ok

Are you crazy?

U see that shows ur point o view - u r like "wtf i need to spend 240 at once" no nobody said that - first of all PG r far better inf that any rusian have - second thats why their upg cost that much becouse u can have them early and they r strong, and they can stay strong even vs those T70.Soz guy but for me u r typical guy who dont rly understand what RTS games r. For u balance is -oh he made "A" i will make "b" send it to the field and i won - gg - game is balanced. Soz but RTS games aint simple like that.

An example from starcraft/broodwar - dragons main counter were zerlings but well played dragons could own those zerlings - otherhand dragons were countering hydras but well played hydras could won that fight - this is what we call "outplayed" and this is a different story then a balance.

AVE.

3 Jul 2013, 11:20 AM

Permanently Banned
3 Jul 2013, 12:10 PM

Stoffa I have a replay from just last night where tellar mines cause such hassle and indirectly lead to the loss of several Russian SU-85s which would of otherwise got away. Your inability to place mines to prevent T70 assaults is not my fault.
3 Jul 2013, 12:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2013, 12:10 PMHissy
Stoffa I have a replay from just last night where tellar mines cause such hassle and indirectly lead to the loss of several Russian SU-85s which would of otherwise got away. Your inability to place mines to prevent T70 assaults is not my fault.

Pinning all your hopes on pre-placed 60 munitions (which, for example, means no shreks, no LMG, no G43, no FHT, etc) is a pretty bad excuse for balance.

Also if your opponent doesn't immediately get a sweeper once they know you're using mines, you were playing someone pretty bad. Sweeping 60 munition mines is a kick in the nuts.
3 Jul 2013, 12:59 PM
Honorary Member Badge

75 munition schrecks + pak buffs + T70 nerfs + proper mines would solve the problem pretty easily, I think.
3 Jul 2013, 13:18 PM

U see that shows ur point o view - u r like "wtf i need to spend 240 at once" no nobody said that - first of all PG r far better inf that any rusian have - second thats why their upg cost that much becouse u can have them early and they r strong, and they can stay strong even vs those T70.Soz guy but for me u r typical guy who dont rly understand what RTS games r. For u balance is -oh he made "A" i will make "b" send it to the field and i won - gg - game is balanced. Soz but RTS games aint simple like that.

An example from starcraft/broodwar - dragons main counter were zerlings but well played dragons could own those zerlings - otherhand dragons were countering hydras but well played hydras could won that fight - this is what we call "outplayed" and this is a different story then a balance.

AVE.

SC2? Diamond in Korean server, Master in NA
I played like 20 years of RTS, you bitch the wrong guy dude
3 Jul 2013, 13:45 PM

AVE.

This shows you don't understand RTS, at least SC. Seriously, dragons?
3 Jul 2013, 13:57 PM

remove crashing infantry indeed, but I don't see the point of nerfing T-70 too hard, cuz entire soviet T3 is already obsolete
3 Jul 2013, 14:04 PM

This shows you don't understand RTS, at least SC. Seriously, dragons?

Even top Koreans can't fuck up Zerglings with pure Dragoons, same cost-wise ofc
3 Jul 2013, 15:02 PM

everything in the german T3 building counters everything in the russian t3 building. The T70 is a situational unit. If your enemy builds lots of infantry in the beginning then you will probably see it come out. Just build a P4 and have it with your troops and the T70 becomes obsolete. I feel most people playing germans want to save up to get a panther or tiger and try to skip the T3 building.
3 Jul 2013, 15:25 PM

You go own the companyofheroes/forums people are bitching, you come onto these forums, people are bitching. The T70 does NOT one shot squads, are you people even serious when you write, or you just stupid? Shreks wreck the T70 in 2 volleys, Panzer IV's wreck the T70, Pak wreck the T70, Flakpanzer wreck the T70, stugs wreck the T70 shit any T3 unit will destroy it. ALSO the turret upgrade on the scout car is VERY effective vs it (try it and see for yourself.) Hell, grenadiers with there grenades will it least slow it down, and a slow T70 is a dead one. I expect a more serious discussion from these forums, and this was just a joke. The T70 is fine, the game is new and people don't know what OP is because people haven't learned the game enough.
3 Jul 2013, 15:25 PM

Earlier you made a good suggestion on how to handle the supposed T70 imbalance. But saying "dont use the PAK" seems unreflected. It's often and mostly the only AT you got at that point of the game. Sure, one could always get a PG Shrek Squad for ANOTHER 120 Munitions. But as we know it's easily kited even. When the opponent's attack is supported the PGs will draw all the fire in a supported combat situation.

I mean sure, pak can work out, but its still a very high risk. It is going to be very situational, how your pak deals with that T70 and in those scenarios the Soviet players has the battlefield advantage: He'll likely have more numbers and better mobility, so he will tend to choose those engagements.

Moreover, if you lose that pak, you are down 360 manpower, you risk giving a 40 manpower ATG to the enemy. This is exactly why I suggested equalizing the range of the T70 with the shreks: its the ideal counter for that stage of the game, but right now its very hard to put it too good use.

Really, the only thing I can think of against a WELL microed T70, is to stall until PIV. You can faust it and kill it, sure, but more often than not, you just removed a pebble form your shoe, but the damage is done.
3 Jul 2013, 15:45 PM

You go own the companyofheroes/forums people are bitching, you come onto these forums, people are bitching. The T70 does NOT one shot squads, are you people even serious when you write, or you just stupid? Shreks wreck the T70 in 2 volleys, Panzer IV's wreck the T70, Pak wreck the T70, Flakpanzer wreck the T70, stugs wreck the T70 shit any T3 unit will destroy it. ALSO the turret upgrade on the scout car is VERY effective vs it (try it and see for yourself.) Hell, grenadiers with there grenades will it least slow it down, and a slow T70 is a dead one. I expect a more serious discussion from these forums, and this was just a joke. The T70 is fine, the game is new and people don't know what OP is because people haven't learned the game enough.

From what you have type, simply knowing you DOES NOT PLAY enough, or the T70 you wrecked are driven by noobs
4 Jul 2013, 02:19 AM

From what you have type, simply knowing you DOES NOT PLAY enough, or the T70 you wrecked are driven by noobs

I have 200 hours in the game Mr.Hyde(steam ID.) Im lvl 80 currently, and yes i destroy T70's all the time when I decide to play Germans. Stop trying to further your prerogative by refuting my credentials. I am experienced enough to state a honest and experienced opinion. I also build a lot of T70's and have had them completely demolished by anything ranging from grenadiers to tigers. You don't see many Russian players whining about Flame HalftTracks, FlakPanzer, Panzershreks, panzer IV's, or bunkers do you? These units (From your opinion) easily could be considered OP and in need of a "Immediate Nerf." What you dont understand is these units fulfill a roll and they do it effectively (whats the point of building them otherwise?) You sir want to do nothing but discredit, and mask your embarrassment of being owned by the little tank (used by someone better than you.) Have a good day :)
4 Jul 2013, 15:31 PM

I have 200 hours in the game Mr.Hyde(steam ID.) Im lvl 80 currently, and yes i destroy T70's all the time when I decide to play Germans. Stop trying to further your prerogative by refuting my credentials. I am experienced enough to state a honest and experienced opinion. I also build a lot of T70's and have had them completely demolished by anything ranging from grenadiers to tigers. You don't see many Russian players whining about Flame HalftTracks, FlakPanzer, Panzershreks, panzer IV's, or bunkers do you? These units (From your opinion) easily could be considered OP and in need of a "Immediate Nerf." What you dont understand is these units fulfill a roll and they do it effectively (whats the point of building them otherwise?) You sir want to do nothing but discredit, and mask your embarrassment of being owned by the little tank (used by someone better than you.) Have a good day :)

I agree with Porygon on this one. I respectfully think your arguments hold NO substance.

The T70 doesn't one shot infantry. It two shots them. Problem is, it has AOE damage, so even when it misses, its doing damage. That equates to VERY fast killing.

Shreks kill it in 2.5 shots. Your first volley will not outright kill it. However, a good T70 can outshoot you before you can even hit it. Why? Shreks have a range of 35, and need to be stationary. T70 has a range of 45. That difference is almost as much as the range of a panzerfaust. He can kite you to death.

The pak, as I mentioned, is very squishy, and clumsy. Unless the T70 player gets succesfully baited, chances are, he will dance around it. Yeah, sure you might get a shot off. Then the pak dies.

Ostwind and Panzer IV assume you have enough fuel. By the time you get 115 fuel for Ostwind or 120 for Panzer IV, the T70 already caused territory losses and manpower drains on you. Those counters arrive to late.

You mentioned grenadiers and a Tiger, as "once-upon-a-time a player destroyed my T70 with". Tigers. Grenadiers. Seriously? For agrenadier to destroy a T70, you'd need 4 panzerfausts. Thats 100 munitions that usually you shouldn't be able to spend. That or your T70 was badly damaged already. So that doesn't count as remotely viable counter. And Tigers... well, not even going there.

Its not insanely unbalanced, but the T70 is a little too deadly when it arrives, and leaves very little room for mistakes.

PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS