Login

russian armor

HMG always firing farther than their range

5 Jan 2016, 15:06 PM

Hello, I don't know if it has been already highlighted but HMG42/34/50/vickers (I don't know for the maxim/dhsk) are firing farther than their cone range.

This is really annoying because sometime you are really far from the edge of the cone but still get fire at and suppressed.

On the picture below you can see the cone far limit (3 dots on top of the riflesquad in the middle) but still rifles are suppressed without entering in it. Worst, to me they are quite far from it.
5 Jan 2016, 15:09 PM

from my experience they do it all, so it is balanced in that perspective Kappa.
5 Jan 2016, 15:28 PM

It's something to do with the range being display from the centre of the building instead of from the weapon iirc. In other words, the range is being displayed incorrectly, not that it's firing past its range.
5 Jan 2016, 15:34 PM

Hello.

Noticed that too. i was first outraged then i realised that the cone start from the axe of the building and is différent from the gun (lets say the maxim) by its shape.
Primarch is true, the gun fore from the window and the range indicated is incorect.

Kozo.
5 Jan 2016, 15:37 PM

Hum, I need to test it when the MG isn't garrisoned. I thought it was doing the same.
5 Jan 2016, 17:37 PM

I believe hmgs have extra range in buildings. Especially taller ones.
5 Jan 2016, 17:40 PM

This is a bug that has been spotted multiple times in this patch. Currently the arc is drawn from the center of the building, which is incorrect, it should be drawn from the window in which the MG is firing. As a result large buildings "lie" to you especially badly about how far the MG can shoot.

For the moment give buildings a wide berth if an MG is within them.
5 Jan 2016, 18:03 PM

I have experienced this too, and I find it most frustrating.
Only Relic postRelic 5 Jan 2016, 18:16 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jan 2016, 15:06 PMEsxile
Hello, I don't know if it has been already highlighted but HMG42/34/50/vickers (I don't know for the maxim/dhsk) are firing farther than their cone range.

This is really annoying because sometime you are really far from the edge of the cone but still get fire at and suppressed.

On the picture below you can see the cone far limit (3 dots on top of the riflesquad in the middle) but still rifles are suppressed without entering in it. Worst, to me they are quite far from it.

This is a UI Issue. The Firing Arc is being Drawn from the Center of the Building and not from the Weapon itself. This issue is in our database.

Thanks
5 Jan 2016, 21:19 PM
Patrion 27

Man... this has been around for WAY too long.
6 Jan 2016, 00:35 AM
Patrion 14

This is a bug that has been spotted multiple times in this patch. Currently the arc is drawn from the center of the building, which is incorrect, it should be drawn from the window in which the MG is firing. As a result large buildings "lie" to you especially badly about how far the MG can shoot.

For the moment give buildings a wide berth if an MG is within them.

This is a UI Issue. The Firing Arc is being Drawn from the Center of the Building and not from the Weapon itself. This issue is in our database.

Thanks

if you select the HMG in the building with TAB, the arc draws from the HMG. annoying, nontheless.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★