Login

russian armor

Ghost structures and how to ghostbust it

4 Jan 2016, 15:56 PM
Patrion 15

It is not about broken mechanics but attitude towards any potential strategy.
If it is in the game, it is just stupid not using it, period.

I dont think you are not even reading others.

edit: Quoting someone who says "I'm been force to ghost to survive but It's broken mechanic needs to be fixed or banned in tournaments" and replying with "If It's in the game It's stupid not to use It" IS NOT reading. You like a parrot, talking by your memory :D

edit2: you just cant stop denying http://www.coh2.org/topic/47280/ghost-structures-and-how-to-ghostbust-it/post/468553 nevermind have It your way. Have a good life :D
4 Jan 2016, 15:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2016, 15:56 PMruzen

I dont think you are not even reading others.

You didn't, neither.

I didn't quote anyone, if you know I was one of the first "abusing" the ghost wire back in 2013 and I am happy with it.
4 Jan 2016, 17:42 PM

Of course it is an exploit, unless Relic intended it to be a feature. That said, it's fair game to use exploits until they are fixed.
4 Jan 2016, 19:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Reduce even more health or increase damage modifiers. Done.
It would be better if health scale a bit better with construction.
5 Jan 2016, 06:39 AM
Patrion 15

Exactly but If Relic is half stubborn as the players who thinks current status is ok, I guess we have to wait for CoH3 to have some sense into It.
5 Jan 2016, 09:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2016, 06:33 AMruzen

It is a broken mechanic, which passes Relic's code knowlage to find a way to fix It. quote]

''Knowlage''

Oh the irony! :rofl:
5 Jan 2016, 09:51 AM

And I recalled almost 80% of RTS, unfinished structure acts like finished one HP wise, and able to refund, with or without penalty. There is no exploit.

- Can you tell us exemple ?

- We are talking of free, spammable things, buildable with even Core infantrty, so refund is not even the subject

Does 80% of RTS use a cover system too ? ( totally ruined with ghosting )
5 Jan 2016, 10:04 AM

- Can you tell us exemple ?

- We are talking of free, spammable things, buildable with even Core infantrty, so refund is not even the subject

Does 80% of RTS use a cover system too ? ( totally ruined with ghosting )

Read above.
5 Jan 2016, 10:06 AM

If relic wanted to be real harsh they could cause unfinished sandbags/wire/tank traps to immediately cancel when building units prematurely stop building in the same way that OKW salvage cancels without providing any resources if not fully completed. That way you either complete the full action of laying the fortification or you get nothing and no ground is blocked for any amount of time.
5 Jan 2016, 10:10 AM

Read above.

Can you explain me why you use SC2 as an example ? when the building cost ressource, doesnt refund at 100%, and is never as 100% HP when not builded and not buildable by core infantry ? I'am curious
5 Jan 2016, 12:02 PM

Can you explain me why you use SC2 as an example ? when the building cost ressource, doesnt refund at 100%, and is never as 100% HP when not builded and not buildable by core infantry ? I'am curious

Drone / Probe is cheaper than "core infantry", as disposable scouting unit, its value is even lower than our starting engi units.

Ghosting a Pylon / Extractor / Assimilator is arguable cost nothing. Ghosting a Hatch just cost a few Zerglings, as harassment it may achieve much more than a few Zerglings.

Ghosting a structure can fuck up melee units, arguable similar to ghosting a cover using as your advantage, or able to reduce enemy income rate, just like ghost wiring in COH2.

You can never fast enough to kill a ghosting Hatchery / Pylon with your early units before it is cancelled.
5 Jan 2016, 12:06 PM

Let them die to 1 bullet or let them dissaper after 30 seconds
5 Jan 2016, 12:06 PM

Drone / Probe is cheaper than "core infantry", as disposable scouting unit, its value is even lower than our starting engi units.

Ghosting a Pylon is arguable cost nothing. Ghosting a Hatch just cost a few Zerglings, as harassment it may achieve much more than a few Zerglings.

Ghosting a structure can fuck up melee units, arguable similar to ghosting a cover using as your advantage.

You can never fast enough to kill a ghosting Hatchery / Pylon with your early units before it is cancelled.

SCV=50 min, marine=50min.
Drone=50min 2 lings=50min.

Only probe is cheaper then zealot.

And there is fundamental difference in your examples and coh2 ghost wiring.

In 100% of your examples, it does NOT work if you do it before the opponent is actually fighting you, in coh2 you're supposed to place the obstacle that opponent would have to cut or blow up, in SC2 ghosting is part of actual micro during actual combat. For that to even be comparable, you'd have to ghost wire during the fight, not spam the map long before you'll even see first opposing unit.
5 Jan 2016, 12:11 PM

And I recalled almost 80% of RTS, unfinished structure acts like finished one HP wise, and able to refund, with or without penalty. There is no exploit.

If this is not abusive gameplay then I dont know what is
5 Jan 2016, 12:29 PM

SCV=50 min, marine=50min.
Drone=50min 2 lings=50min.

Only probe is cheaper then zealot.

And there is fundamental difference in your examples and coh2 ghost wiring.

In 100% of your examples, it does NOT work if you do it before the opponent is actually fighting you, in coh2 you're supposed to place the obstacle that opponent would have to cut or blow up, in SC2 ghosting is part of actual micro during actual combat. For that to even be comparable, you'd have to ghost wire during the fight, not spam the map long before you'll even see first opposing unit.

Then why the fuck ghosting a gas = micro but ghosting a wire/sandbag = exploit?
This is double standard.
5 Jan 2016, 12:33 PM

If this is not abusive gameplay then I dont know what is

This is micro, period.
Starcraft have thousands of example of this since Starcraft I and they cheer when it happens.
5 Jan 2016, 12:41 PM

Then why the fuck ghosting a gas = micro but ghosting a wire = exploit?
This is double standard.

For one, because these are fundamentally different games with completely different meta. You don't really place anything on natural expansion spot in coh2, because they don't exist.
You aren't rushing your pios to soviet base in attempt to ghost T1 to prevent him from putting T3 up.
You're still risking resources in SC2.
You are actually exposed when doing so and can be countered in SC2 as you're in your opponents gardening base.
You need to actively do it in SC2, you can't do it minute before, leave the structure half finished, call it a day and call it a win in next skirmish.

See some slight differences yet?
5 Jan 2016, 12:45 PM

For one, because these are fundamentally different games with completely different meta. You don't really place anything on natural expansion spot in coh2, because they don't exist.
You aren't rushing your pios to soviet base in attempt to ghost T1 to prevent him from putting T3 up.
You're still risking resources in SC2.
You are actually exposed when doing so and can be countered in SC2 as you're in your opponents gardening base.
You need to actively do it in SC2, you can't do it minute before, leave the structure half finished, call it a day and call it a win in next skirmish.

See some slight differences yet?

Do you know how retarded it was to MEAN using 25 minerals = risking resources in SC2?

And you actually complaining shooting a ghosting wire with a few seconds = abomination, but shooting a ghost extractor that requiring at least 2 mins being fine?

At least play SC2 first, please.

And in COH2 you can still asking a Tommies, which is engaging, ghosting a sandbag nullifying the opposite side of cover.

It is just double standard, period.
5 Jan 2016, 12:50 PM

Do you know how retarded it was to MEAN using 25 minerals = risking resources in SC2?

And you actually complaining shooting a ghosting wire with a few seconds = abomination, but shooting a ghost extractor that requiring at least 2 mins being fine?

At least play SC2 first, please.

I know the significance of 50 minerals, believe me. Had my fair share of SC in my life.

You're the one who started comparing games that have only RTS genre in common.

What is valid tactic/strat in game A isn't really in game B when these are two completely and utterly different games with nothing in common.

So yes, what is fine in SC2 is a cancerous abomination is CoH2.

Its in the game and you can use it freely until relic decides to fix it or not, but it won't make you any less of a dick by trying to excuse it with different games.

Just like sprice buff stacking exploits, ghost wiring is an exploit, less severe, but you're still a-hole for using it.
5 Jan 2016, 12:54 PM

Its in the game and you can use it freely until relic decides to fix it or not, but it won't make you any less of a dick by trying to excuse it with different games.

Just like sprice buff stacking exploits, ghost wiring is an exploit, less severe, but you're still a-hole for using it.

It is just your double standard. I view it as a smart, fully utilizing of an ability potential, which over-shallowed COH2 truly needed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★