Login

russian armor

2 vs 2 USF strategy!

2 Jan 2016, 10:55 AM
Patrion 14

Hi

It seems that 80 procent of the time, im searching as usf in 2 vs 2, i get a usf partner, and i really struggle with at usf partner. When i have a sov or a uk partner it is okay.
I find that usf is to easy to lock down, i tried smoke, go fast lt, go captain ect. But when i go nades, bazookas or bars, it slows my teching, and thats also a problem. I lack som indirect fire like the Katyusha, good motar or a penzarverfer, witch is non doctrinal. I was level 10, and have about 1600 hours of coh2, but lost and lost and lost, with other usf partners. What do u do ?

OAK
2 Jan 2016, 11:31 AM

u need speak to u partner usf to choice or go fast to suport tactic like infantry spam, suporte weapon like at-gun and howitzer75mm or one rush of half track M15A1 while u go fast to late tech units, jackson or sherman to safe u game if theyr make a luchtank rush or panzer IV.
4 Jan 2016, 04:14 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

So randoms? In that case LT+ CAPT builds with callin armor docs(Armor, calliope, Pershing) got me to top 5 USF randoms. You can basically fight any threat early game with both officers and even if your teammate sucks/ you don't have fuel, you can still fight late game with vehicles n stuff.
4 Jan 2016, 04:54 AM
Donator 11

Elaborate more on the issue bro. Need to be more specific.

But the easiest way to "git gud" is to literally copy a top player's build order. Go watch some replays or casts of the best players out there and just mimic them.

It'll work out eventually. USF has everything it needs to win. It's not really an under-powered faction... its just that OKW is OP lolololol.
4 Jan 2016, 13:04 PM
Patrion 14

Yes its randoms, and i see a lot of streams, but against okw and wehr, the engineers or they mgs are hard to counter because nades or something else slovs teching, and i have tried captain and lt, and sometimes it works
4 Jan 2016, 19:31 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2016, 13:04 PMoakdk
Yes its randoms, and i see a lot of streams, but against okw and wehr, the engineers or they mgs are hard to counter because nades or something else slovs teching, and i have tried captain and lt, and sometimes it works

Well if you mean building MGs then armor and Assault engieers when used right can be a decent counter to building MGs, Id say you have about a 70% rate of success assuming map and the skill level of your enemy.

vs normal MG spammerino on lets say on a map like Ecliptic fields then just go Captain first into packhowie+ stuart then tech back to LT to lockdown the area you do have with MGs.(again because holding ground is important, your teammate may be fuckin' up and you need to hold your ground before you can help him later) LT himself is a great flanking squad and a great fighter vs LMG grens, sturms, whatever since his squad AI was fixed.

Get the nades after you get your stuart and howie, just use the howie to make sure you dont get base pinned or anything.

So id recommend for your problem here that you identified
3 rifles
Engineer then flamer
<Ambulance>
captain
Howie
<ambulance>
Stuart
Smoke
LT
Cache or 50 cal, depending on situation
BARS
Play
Cache(You will float if youre doing double officer tech right)
M10s if youre still struggling for fuel somehow, or rush major if youve got at least +30 fuel income secured and get a sherman.

The other thing is cap order early game, and balancing defense and offense early game, you should be able to rush out a captain with no problems, if for some reason you end up cut off to start the game(worst worst worst case scenario), get your ambulance before you tech so you dont overly bleed, be patient. If you cant tech early game dont keep spamming out rifles that cant heal. Heal the guys you have.

In regards to offense and defense try not to over extend/get greedy with territory early game, if you fail you'll getp ushed back and rekt. So a rule i follow with fuel income is:

Minimum +20-25 fuel income early game, if you have that income coming in early game, just chill out and hold ground, use cove,r build a fighting pit/tank trap cover whatever you have to do.

that should allow you to get all the things you need tech wise/upgrade wise in a timely manner without overextending and being totally pushed off the map, since volks horde or snipers+mgs on your cutoff while you cant tech is essentially GG 90% of the time, but always be patient, and always #believe in USF when this happens.
13 Jan 2016, 22:42 PM

I struggle against early garrisoned MG in 2v2 games, theres not enough space to flank and most of the time people have volks/grens/sturmpios right next to the MG house making my guys fight in a risky position.

Im not sure how the first few minutes(3rd riflemen out) what to do when both axis players garrison.

I would appreciate any tips regarding this.

I understand flamer engis from from either commander are good, my usual build order is 3 rifles into M20 followed by captain then howie but im starting to think that rush to howie is a better strategy.
13 Jan 2016, 22:52 PM
Patrion 14

Dobbelt usf is hard, i go for nades when they garrison their mgs, and the m10 doctrine, and keep my cool.. But damm I need that motar or sniper option
14 Jan 2016, 01:36 AM

I struggle against early garrisoned MG in 2v2 games, theres not enough space to flank and most of the time people have volks/grens/sturmpios right next to the MG house making my guys fight in a risky position.

Im not sure how the first few minutes(3rd riflemen out) what to do when both axis players garrison.

I understand flamer engis from from either commander are good, my usual build order is 3 rifles into M20 followed by captain then howie but im starting to think that rush to howie is a better strategy.

I find the howitzer to be better in the long run. I usually skip LT anyways, so rushing howie saves fuel and mp. Anyways, the advantages of the howie itself is that you have a chance at taking out the mg squad (or at least a significant portion). I usually set up the howie to be in auto-fire range and move an infantry squad (propably RE to save firepower) up for vison. Keep the infantry within sight range of the mg for as long as possible so the howie can pound away at it.

Have a second squad waiting to charge once the mg packs up to move. Even if you retreat your scouting squad, do a barrage and the mg will usually pack up and move. Use that opportunity to get close with a rifle squad and take it out or force a retreat.

Best case scenario you can capture the mg, which makes up for skipping LT and the .50 cal.

Also, lots of players dont expect the Captain's "on me!" ability that breaks suppression. Get the captain close to the mg (but not before sending a rifle squad or two as bait) and use the ability and get the riflemen to run behind the mg.

Smoke grenades, as mentioned, are a last resort for me, as they delay teching.
14 Jan 2016, 07:51 AM

Occupy the houses before he does: x2 or x3 RE start +1x RM, you don't cap but rush the critical house with all of them.
When you're in the house, check where is the MG and flank it with your coming squads. When done => backcap.
14 Jan 2016, 15:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2016, 07:51 AMEsxile

Occupy the houses before he does: x2 or x3 RE start +1x RM, you don't cap but rush the critical house with all of them.
When you're in the house, check where is the MG and flank it with your coming squads. When done => backcap.

So you are saying that if opponent is wher then go fast RE on the house? what if i cant get the house? issue is not only MG, sometimes sturm pio takes choke point house and i suffer massive losses.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★