Login

russian armor

Strompioneer vet3 works reversely, please fix

2 Jan 2016, 06:53 AM

I was reading about the vetrancy sheet, and it says increases 25% construction speed for SP when it reaches vet3. I was curious then because I never experience such buff on SP in my games before.

So I used the cheatMod to test the building speed of non-vetted and vet3 SP, then I found that VET3 STORMPIONEERS BUILDS 25% SLOWER THAN VET0-2 STORMPIONEERS. Not even remains the same but decreases its construction speed!

I tried to let them to start building mines and wires at the same time, and the vet3-5 always complete the structure slower than the vet0-2, and it doesn't affect by whether they are upgrade with the repair kit or not, or the stormpioneer bulletins.

Is it a bug or it is indented to be like this? Like is it because they equipped with the grenades so they can't build as fast as before?
2 Jan 2016, 07:08 AM

My guess is someone mixed up the multiplier and no one caught/tested it.
2 Jan 2016, 08:09 AM

Good find if it's true. I'm sure there is many more out there like that yet to be discovered
2 Jan 2016, 08:49 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Definitely a bug. I tested it where they will build faster when the modifier is set to a higher value.

Value is currently 0.75 when it should be 1.25. Whoever put it in seemed to have forgotten this applies to the squad's construction rate in the engineer_ext which is set to 1.

This means, as of now it is 1 x 0.75 = 0.75 at Veterancy 3 which messes things up.

Hopefully Relic notices this.
2 Jan 2016, 08:52 AM

2 Jan 2016, 11:43 AM

Vet abilities and vet bonuses seems to be a mess in general.
EFA bonuses especially, since the have not change almost since release to adapt to new stats and roles of units that have changed significantly.

Allot of them are almost identical to units of the same faction and type (tanks,infantries...) not custom made for each units and its role. There are even units that can not vet at all...

Imo top priority for Relic should be a veterancy system overhaul.
Only Relic postRelic 4 Jan 2016, 21:25 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Added to our database, Thanks
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1
Russian Federation 50
Germany 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias