Login

russian armor

What to do against T-70 guys?

30 Dec 2015, 12:53 PM

Hey mates

I have issue with fast T-70 combo with guards. What to do against this? In most cases, T-70 doesn't let me to harras my opponent resources income like here, one thing I could do was P4, but there were too many mines and I couldn't go hunting this little piece of crap. So, looking for advanced advices which helps me be better in this game. Here is a rep

•  
30 Dec 2015, 15:53 PM

Personally I do a full-stop on harassment while a T70 is on the field unless it is part of a trap. It's just so good at quickly killing lone squads that it is not worth taking the risk.

One way of dealing with the T70 is for example stop harassing and focus your defenses on an important part of the map while waiting for the P4. This limits the effectiveness of the T70 as it is not a strong unit for breaking defenses. Then, when you have the P4, don't expose it right away but instead move it along with a harassing squad. The harassing squad will be a juicy target for the T70, almost irresistible for the soviet player. He is likely to send the T70 in with little support, allowing you to surprise it with the P4 and hopefully quickly kill it.
5 Jan 2016, 01:22 AM

Personally I do a full-stop on harassment while a T70 is on the field unless it is part of a trap. It's just so good at quickly killing lone squads that it is not worth taking the risk.

One way of dealing with the T70 is for example stop harassing and focus your defenses on an important part of the map while waiting for the P4. This limits the effectiveness of the T70 as it is not a strong unit for breaking defenses. Then, when you have the P4, don't expose it right away but instead move it along with a harassing squad. The harassing squad will be a juicy target for the T70, almost irresistible for the soviet player. He is likely to send the T70 in with little support, allowing you to surprise it with the P4 and hopefully quickly kill it.

Nice tip dude and very kind of you (especially after using it to kick his ass :P)
10 Jan 2016, 05:58 AM

Save the resources for Panzergrens with schreck's, 680mp and 240 munitions, they're not only useful against a T-70 rush when grouped together, but they're also useful against every t3 (and t4 unit for that matter) that the Soviets build and cost no fuel to build, just munitions while you wait for your own tank.
15 Jan 2016, 22:54 PM

Save up munis for Shreks and teller mines. Pak 40 if the map is suitable and you have sufficient manpower to cover it. Panzergrenadiers with Shreks are probably the best option, in any case this unit will remain useful for the rest of the game.
17 Jan 2016, 10:59 AM

I agree shrecks is cool.
Also try 222 scout car with faust support
:)
25 Jan 2016, 02:50 AM

Pumas and shrecks w camo all the way
25 Jan 2016, 07:46 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Pumas and shrecks w camo all the way

How do you get camo for you infantry and puma in the same commander?
Sounds like fun.

Anyway, Ostheer seems to struggle against light vehicle rushes. Double paks seem to be good, but its dangerous keeping two pak guns right next to each other, especially if there's indirect fire on the field. Double paks really can surprise an opponent if they've only seen one before.
25 Jan 2016, 15:37 PM

U could go 1 pak than a PG w shrek w camo right next to the pak so if the vehicle tries to flank around the pak u can suprise the garden out of the vehicle
26 Jan 2016, 02:31 AM

Save the resources for Panzergrens with schreck's, 680mp and 240 munitions, they're not only useful against a T-70 rush when grouped together, but they're also useful against every t3 (and t4 unit for that matter) that the Soviets build and cost no fuel to build, just munitions while you wait for your own tank.

This post is the manifestation of everything that is bullshit about german factions.

I played Ost a few weeks ago for a few hours and it was so easy. No fucks given about early armor whatsoever.
26 Jan 2016, 20:03 PM

Teller mines.

One shots them, early shock vehicles are used extremely recklessly/aggressively and are thus very likely to run over them if you put them in good spots.
3 Feb 2016, 18:52 PM

This post is the manifestation of everything that is bullshit about german factions.

I played Ost a few weeks ago for a few hours and it was so easy. No fucks given about early armor whatsoever.

What's bullshit is the ability the allies have to just bounce back and the rapid production of replacement vehicles. What's wrong is the spam and cheese bullshit Allies use against the Wehrmact. All factions have their problems but you are so short-sighted it hurts. 240 munitions is ALOT shrecks have been nerfed quite a bit as well they used to have a great long range. They also are a 4 model squad and with shrecks they are only good for AT and emplacements. that upgrade destroys their ability to fight other infantry. it is a trade off. Plus you also forget the fact German armor is expensive thus it takes a longer time to produce unless they go ostruppen into P4's.

The manifestation of bullshit you so eloquently put is the allied factions themselves and their ability to fucking ZERG down germans. you are being completely short-sighted. Honestly think and analyze each faction before you show a bias without evidence or informed opinion.

As fasr as dealing with T-70 1 TELLER mine blows it up. 222 + gren supporting fausts will kill it. Or rush a pak40 out. you can also harass it with Fausts but as soon as you see it you have to play defensively and if you attack be sure to do so in force. Each faction has their strengths and weaknesses. Germans have quality and Allies have quantity and stronger T1 units with the exceptions of Soviet Conscripts (Still good just not as good as tommies and doughboys)
3 Feb 2016, 20:26 PM

What's bullshit is the ability the allies have to just bounce back and the rapid production of replacement vehicles. What's wrong is the spam and cheese bullshit Allies use against the Wehrmact.

As a SU main, we have 1 non-doctrinal and 2 doctrinal infantry. That's it.

All factions have their problems but you are so short-sighted it hurts. 240 munitions is ALOT shrecks have been nerfed quite a bit as well they used to have a great long range.

For 240 munitions and the cost of a bunker with an mg, you get an easy to defend VP.

They also are a 4 model squad and with shrecks they are only good for AT and emplacements.

4 model squads that become either inf killing or tank killing monsters depending on what you buy them.

Plus you also forget the fact German armor is expensive thus it takes a longer time to produce unless they go ostruppen into P4's.

YOU forget that non-doctrinal soviet armor is garbage. It is at the point now where unless I am being cheeky, i never get a t34/76 because I know that it will come out at the same time as something that can kill 90% of the time 1v1. You are paying for a tank that does what it is supposed to do. When was the last time you were worried about a lone t34/76?

The manifestation of bullshit you so eloquently put is the allied factions themselves and their ability to fucking ZERG down germans.

As soviets, all we have is zerg. There is very little finesse to playing SU. Zerg, punish, and if you manage to get the advantage PRESS AS HARD AS YOU CAN because the next phase of german bullshit is on the way so you better gain what you can while you can.

3 Feb 2016, 20:31 PM

I mained SU back when it was T1 cons into T4 SU-85 back in 2013. what you are telling me now is you think T34/76 is useless (I can go halfway there)? It's not as useless as some players may think, make a pair of them or you make 3 of them if able and if you are not content with that you go straight into SU-85 your Shock troops are amazing as the SU though the SU get pigeon holed into them Don't forget the Guards Rifle call in either they recently got a nice buff patch and there are bulletins that make them worth while the 2% accuracy 3% dodge stack all 3.

Obviously that's all the Soviets have is ZERG but notice I said Allies in General. then added Soviet's conscripts are not so good. I prefer Soviets over the spammy bullshit USF and UKF. Basically if you want to play soviets you do the same thing you do when the game was released. back when PZ4 were gods. You go conscripts/shocks into SU-85. or you can be brave and Mass T34/76.
3 Feb 2016, 20:47 PM

One more thing I aactually prefer COH2's starting factions over all the new factions. I find both of these factions to be considerably more balanced than the other 3 factions of course that is probably a no brainer considering they've been in the game longer than the other 3 factions. But maybe I am just old school. I love playing SU and Wehrmact.
3 Feb 2016, 20:54 PM

I started playing in the beta and I agree with everything you've said.

However, it is hard to trust guards as well as they are constantly dropping their shit and the investment needed to pin sort of slow down a tank is restrictive.

Button, oorah, snare. On paper it works but not when the guards get shredded by the pintle mount or the tank just smokes away...

I remember when the su-85 had a bulletin that gave it 10% longer range. I built them religiously back then.

Nowadays I tend to rely on su76 into kv8 and kv2. With a few zis if needed. kv8s for blobs and kv2 sitting way back smacking tanks and wiping squads. Thank god it cant be harmed by HT rocket arty.

4 Feb 2016, 00:39 AM

OKW is the manifestation of everything wrong with the game in one nicely bundled faction
4 Feb 2016, 05:55 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

OKW is the manifestation of everything wrong with the game in one nicely bundled faction

OKW gets all the hate ;(
5 Feb 2016, 05:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2016, 05:55 AMwouren

OKW gets all the hate ;(

:3
5 Feb 2016, 21:56 PM

fast AT,teller
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W