Login

russian armor

British Forces

30 Dec 2015, 20:26 PM

Bren carriers suck for one simple fact.

Schreks on Volksgrenadiers are too good in this game. They need to be nerfed at long range to be more like in CoH1, whether it's an aim time increase and reload decrease and/or accuracy nerf. To use an argument with support from history (I'm not saying this game should be a simulator), the way infantry AT was used in reality was at short range and in situations which allowed infantry to fire at short range like ambushes, from trenches, in urban combat and such. And those long range nerfs would not affect that.

It's more okay that Panzergrenadiers have good schreks at range too both because it makes sense (they are actually soldiers) and because they are significantly more expensive than Volksgrenadiers which makes it easier to bleed them out and "clear the path" for your vehicles.

UCs could also get a HP increase on vet 3 or 2. Not a massive one, just enough to let them survive an AT hit with enough life left to not die to infantry fire right after.
30 Dec 2015, 20:37 PM

Fuck me, brits suck balls hard. What a pathetic faction lol
30 Dec 2015, 21:49 PM

Way to be constructive!

That's Coh1 Brits in a nutshell. Blob/Spam artillery to win.

No skill. easy win for complete retards. Just build Bren IS + PIAT sappers + LT and completely dominates.
30 Dec 2015, 21:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2015, 16:43 PMNEVEC

As always, just read his posts.

still not showing your playercard eh?

Gonna love it when people complaint about something is OP while hiding his ranks, when it's clearly a l2p issue.
30 Dec 2015, 21:55 PM

Fuck me, brits suck balls hard. What a pathetic faction lol

How about just play it like OKW pre-Dec?
Don't play it in 1v1. Play it in 2v2+ and they become a monster.

Sniper Spam into Croc backed with Comet/Firefly/6P, OP as hell Artillery Cover.
30 Dec 2015, 22:05 PM

How about just play it like OKW pre-Dec?
Don't play it in 1v1. Play it in 2v2+ and they become a monster.

Sniper Spam into Croc backed with Comet/Firefly/6P, OP as hell Artillery Cover.

Yeah won't bother 1v1 much more no. Not enough vetoes to save ukf
30 Dec 2015, 23:05 PM

Strong unit carrier
The bren carrier can take some punishment, but it suffers from the same problems that all light vehicles suffer from, which is easy infantry-based AT. Obviously not so good against Wehr, but decent against OKW. Bren in Bren, if you're willing to spend the fuel and munitions, is really good. Better than the armored car out of T2, I think.

carrier: 200 hp, 10/5 armor

222: 240 hp, 9/4.5 armor

how are carriers "durable"? they take less punishment than the 222. The carrier doesn't get bonus sight, cannot reinforce, cannot fire out of garrison, and yet have one of the lowest hp in the game. Furthermore the british doesn't get sapper in the beginning.
30 Dec 2015, 23:07 PM

oh guys I was talking about the british armored car, not the 222.

I didn't know what it was called sorry
30 Dec 2015, 23:12 PM

oh guys I was talking about the british armored car, not the 222.

I didn't know what it was called sorry

Strong unit carrier
The bren carrier can take some punishment, but it suffers from the same problems that all light vehicles suffer from, which is easy infantry-based AT. Obviously not so good against Wehr, but decent against OKW. Bren in Bren, if you're willing to spend the fuel and munitions, is really good. Better than the armored car out of T2, I think.

the AEC doesn't get any upgrade either.

UCs could also get a HP increase on vet 3 or 2. Not a massive one, just enough to let them survive an AT hit with enough life left to not die to infantry fire right after.

useless buff. UC will rarely hit vet 2. The UC need a hp buff out of the box. It needs at least 280-320 hp.
31 Dec 2015, 03:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2015, 17:28 PMCieZ
You're crazy plexy. The UC is way worse than the 222. Easily the most useless light vehicle in the game per cost. Well maybe the us jeep thing is worse.

It is marginally okay at keeping a kubel at bay but even then it is useless once the first schreck pops and you can't repair it early like OKW can. On super building heavy maps you sometimes need the flames though.

IS and vickers are fine, just hard to work with so few units early on. Early map control can be a pain with such a stagnant force, I say stagnant because they rely so heavily on green cover to be efficient.

Sniper is still great. Vet 1 gives you a crazy long range vehicle snare backed up by what is probably the best AT gun in the game. Engineers are... Well they can sweep and plant mines and cap. Mortar pit is okayish on the right maps but it is hard to find 400 manpower to squeeze into a stationary building a lot of the time. Especially when you need a sniper and AT so early in so many cases. Can be the key to a good mid game though, sometimes I find myself floating between my second at gun and my first tank and I don't always want to invest in a 4th IS. Even three can be heavily draining to maintain.

All brit tanks are good, the comet is probably the single best tank in the game. It is good against everything with disgusting mobility, great frontal armor and good hp. Can be hard to get this far though, but cromwells are still potent.

I think one of the keys is forcing yourself to play a slower game. Be more deliberate. Pick your half the map and camp it till your army meshes together. Make your opponent attack into your green cover where IS dominate everything.

Still... Brits are a little weak this patch. They're in an awkward area where old OKW was. Weak early game but utterly dominant late game.

i agree with you apart from the late game, the total lack of any viable arty is screwing them, wrefers can decrew At guns and slaughter sections and theres no response.

they need a more viable AT snare badly, lock piats to sappers and give sections AT nades they wont be charging across the map to get them off they will at best be defensive.

their late game is good but at best equal or worse than OST/OKW on most maps you have to play defenisve which guarantees axis late game and more VP's if your not stronger then im unsure how your meant to claw it back.
31 Dec 2015, 04:09 AM

"The bren carrier can take some punishment, but it suffers from the same problems that all light vehicles suffer from, which is easy infantry-based AT. Obviously not so good against Wehr, but decent against OKW. Bren in Bren, if you're willing to spend the fuel and munitions, is really good. Better than the armored car out of T2, I think."

How do you get Brens to fire out of a UC then? Mine just go up in flames the moment someone with a bad cold sneezes on them burning most of the infantry section inside to a crisp. Never seen anyone firing out of them as they did in COH.

I might be crap ( hint: I am) but built ten UCs last game, one made it to vet1 but was instantly one shotted before I could revel in my glory....

Are we playing the same game here? Bren carriers can take punishment?? Really? Never mind Axis forces, a blind school girl's 3rd XI hockey team flicking their pony tails at it in a slightly aggressive manner would be enough to see it loitering around my base whilst I wait to tech up so I can repair the bugger. Saying that if the 3.5 tons of quarter inch thick armour happens to trip over a blade of grass on the way back to base it's toast.

My toaster probably has better armour come to think of it, and I don't have a particularly good toaster. It isn't even metal.

90 munitions for a flamethrower which is only useful if the opposition are too stupid to fart in it's general direction or a mobile machinegun which seems to do the square root of fuck all. Suppressive fire? Volks kill it before it suppresses anything!

As for a troop transport... Unfortunately the great and noble British Tommys seem to have some form of inbuilt AI as whenever I ask them to board a UC they mutiny and shoot each other in the heads instead to save time.

Is it just me?
31 Dec 2015, 04:27 AM
Donator 11

Brits op

On a serious note. This is what I wrote in the Shoutbox when someone was complaining about Brits:

"Brits so easy to win with. I love them so much. Just don't make emplacements plz -_- And Trench + Vickers is OP and better than Bofors. Also the occasional mortar pit behind a building is fine.

Cromwell spam + arty cover plz. Ggwp. Keep Infantry Sections alive and never use them aggressively. Spam cromwells like no tomorrow and flank heavy tanks while using arty cover at the same time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZspMmNkF6XI";
31 Dec 2015, 05:35 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

They need better light vehicles. The UC and AEC are underperforming and it hurts their early game too much. Piats need a buff against light vehicles that won't impact their usage against heavy tanks. Brits also need something to counter garrisons and mgs better, I would tie in their grenades with t2 as a solution and see if it needs more help with a mortar later after testing.

I also don't think they need a snare. They have cheap and good mines and plenty of good AT options.
31 Dec 2015, 06:14 AM

*bets $5 that 3 inch mortar comes in a commander*
31 Dec 2015, 07:14 AM

still not showing your playercard eh?

Gonna love it when people complaint about something is OP while hiding his ranks, when it's clearly a l2p issue.

Why not show your own playercard first of all if you ask someone for this.
31 Dec 2015, 10:57 AM

Brits op

On a serious note. This is what I wrote in the Shoutbox when someone was complaining about Brits:

"Brits so easy to win with. I love them so much. Just don't make emplacements plz -_- And Trench + Vickers is OP and better than Bofors. Also the occasional mortar pit behind a building is fine.

Cromwell spam + arty cover plz. Ggwp. Keep Infantry Sections alive and never use them aggressively. Spam cromwells like no tomorrow and flank heavy tanks while using arty cover at the same time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZspMmNkF6XI";

Last night I played vs Stormless team and i lost my side because of Artillery cover being 100%,decrewing my pak 40 and when my Panther almost escaped from the zone,bang,was hit by arty,that was gg,i try to recover but then 2 comets missed my pz grens with shreck,one squad was hit hard losing 2 models,other instant wiped...Comet are so good vs infantry.Artillery cover should not be 100% accurate
31 Dec 2015, 11:42 AM
Patrion 15

CoH1's Brits was too defensive. At least CoH2 version has some options. That been said I miss officer gameplay.
31 Dec 2015, 13:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2015, 11:42 AMruzen
CoH1's Brits was too defensive. At least CoH2 version has some options. That been said I miss officer gameplay.

Officer gameplay is in USF now
31 Dec 2015, 14:22 PM

the way i see it there are two types of players in every game.. those who complain, those who adapt.

enough said
31 Dec 2015, 14:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2015, 07:14 AMNEVEC

Why not show your own playercard first of all if you ask someone for this.

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198005198550

Good enough? It's just the button under the avatar
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight