Login

russian armor

Keeping track of my untis-the UI sucks

30 Jun 2013, 06:47 AM

I'm having a terrible time of keeping track of my units in this game, compared to CoH 1. Am I the only one?
30 Jun 2013, 07:06 AM
Senior Caster Badge

The UI makes almost everything harder than CoH 1. The unit shields are actually a pretty great addition but aside from that it's all worse.
30 Jun 2013, 07:33 AM

I actually have an easier time because of the thing in the top right corner, but sometimes it can be hard to read the health or find them on snow maps because of the poor contrast on the unit icons.
30 Jun 2013, 07:53 AM

I agree with Bas, the top right unit list is incredibly helpful.
30 Jun 2013, 08:01 AM

I preferred the old system in CoH 1 with the unit bar. Up top is just too out of the way in my opinion
30 Jun 2013, 11:02 AM

I actually have an easier time because of the thing in the top right corner, but sometimes it can be hard to read the health or find them on snow maps because of the poor contrast on the unit icons.

This.
And this: http://www.coh2.org/topic/4451/where-s-wally
30 Jun 2013, 14:25 PM

I'd really love it if I could move the minimap to the middle, place the unit shields at the bottom instead of top right and could move the notifications as well.

The UI doesn't really seem to be focused on keeping easy track of everything but rather designed to move everything out of the way as far as possible so you can look at the pretty explosions... plus the bottom shield has so much wasted space...

If it were a MMO I'd probably mod the shit out of it.
Atm everyone has the same thing so it is at least fair but I think it would actually be easier to keep track of everything if I'd get a smaller screen... atm I'm just going
bottom left - anything happening? left - anything happening? top right - anything happening?
It is designed to let you look at the pretty graphics but in the end you're just spending a lot of time looking on tiny portions of the UI that are inconveniently placed in the corners...
30 Jun 2013, 14:49 PM

The UI has some major problems. Mainly, it is hard to gain the necessary information (ressources, points getting captured, difference between certain units and the fact that a lot of units have different minimap symbols). So, either I have to look at least twice to see if a sector is captured or not, to see if I have enough ressources or not and so on. Or it is so hard to keep track of all the things that are shown in the minimap. It is not necessary to have extra symbols for MGs, for example. CoH1 just showed if there are vehicles or infantry, which was very easy to keep track of.

Then the contrast of the minimap is generally very bad. It actually takes a bit of time to realize what is going on on the minimap. Again, the solid and plain version of CoH1 made it very easy to gain the necessary information in a blink of an eye.

Furthermore, the big unit picture as well as the unit description (or at least the box where the unit description is placed in) are too striking, while the important things are too small and unremarkable. Make the unit avatar smaller and the box as plain as it was in CoH. Keep it open for a small description that is not as striking as it is right now.

Last but not least, what I really miss is this small number that shows how effective unit x is against infatnry/vehicles/tanks/buildings. Not that those numbers were any accurate, but it at least showed you possible upgrades on those units (shreks or stuff). I am often not realizing that a unit picked up a shrek, because there was already another weapon icon above the unit.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 71
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment