Login

russian armor

Poll: Should OKW Volks have their shrecks removed/modified?

30 Dec 2015, 23:21 PM

If I link Relic to this thread and show them that from 150 votes (hopefully we'll reach 200 soon enough) ONLY 23% of players feel volks-shrecks are balanced.

The other 77% feel that a balance change needs to be made...

Will they care? Do they actively monitor and respond to the opinions of those on CoH2.orgs forums?
30 Dec 2015, 23:37 PM
Patrion 14

Do they actively monitor and respond to the opinions of those on CoH2.orgs forums?

I pray to god they don't.
31 Dec 2015, 03:41 AM

People who want change will vote more than than those that are indifferent. It doesn't prove that more people want change unless you put a gun to the entire game's population's head and force them to vote.
31 Dec 2015, 07:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2015, 23:37 PMLooney

I pray to god they don't.

Well, they listened, responded and quickly implemented suggestion of this guy for example:

http://www.coh2.org/user/18246/sorrywtfisthis

So.... yeah....
31 Dec 2015, 07:53 AM

It's really simple. Schrecks or zooks shouldn't be main AT source. Zooks are already additional, they help but they are not main source. Same should happen to schrecks. For OST they are extra AT, not main AT. Same should apply to OKW. There are raketens, puma, jp4 and you should support them with schrecks. Currently it's opposite. You support schrecks blob with tanks.
31 Dec 2015, 08:53 AM

They have to do something. The current blobosphere is boring, requires no skill and makes every single game exactly the same. After years of balancing, this is the best they could come up with...
31 Dec 2015, 11:58 AM

Purely removing shreck from volks would break the balance for another 6 months... I'm not saying it is a bad idea, just that it will take too much time to balance.

I believe the solution is on:
1- Adding munition cost to every single OKW abilities and increasing the low cost existent one to other faction level. This will reduce OKW overall powerfulness and force the player into tactical decision making around munition usage.
2- Add a fuel cost (around 10-20 each) to unlock shreck and flamnade + add a fuel cost (5) to the Kubel
3- Add a fuel/munition cost to the OKW T3 canon in a form of an upgrade.
4- Add a fuel/munition cost to the forwarded retreat point upgrade (and reduce its manpower cost)
5- Reduce manpower cost of doctrinal call-in and add munition upgrades (falls,jaegers)
31 Dec 2015, 12:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2015, 11:58 AMEsxile
Purely removing shreck from volks would break the balance for another 6 months... I'm not saying it is a bad idea, just that it will take too much time to balance.

I believe the solution is on:
1- Adding munition cost to every single OKW abilities and increasing the low cost existent one to other faction level. This will reduce OKW overall powerfulness and force the player into tactical decision making around munition usage.
2- Add a fuel cost (around 10-20 each) to unlock shreck and flamnade + add a fuel cost (5) to the Kubel
3- Add a fuel/munition cost to the OKW T3 canon in a form of an upgrade.
4- Add a fuel/munition cost to the forwarded retreat point upgrade (and reduce its manpower cost)
5- Reduce manpower cost of doctrinal call-in and add munition upgrades (falls,jaegers)

While I voted for the removal of Schreks from Volks completely, I have to admit these are pretty good suggestions and Relic should experiment with them.
31 Dec 2015, 18:34 PM

It's really simple. Schrecks or zooks shouldn't be main AT source. Zooks are already additional, they help but they are not main source. Same should happen to schrecks. For OST they are extra AT, not main AT. Same should apply to OKW. There are raketens, puma, jp4 and you should support them with schrecks. Currently it's opposite. You support schrecks blob with tanks.

Agreed.

Right now as allies tank vs tank you dare not try and flank anything because 9 times out of 10 there will be a volkshrek blob trailing behind it waiting for you to do just that.

Almost killed a panther and want to give chase? Same thing again.

It forces you to try and slug it out with axis tanks face to face. Something they are ill equipped for.
31 Dec 2015, 18:57 PM
31 Dec 2015, 19:02 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2015, 18:34 PMGrim

Agreed.

Right now as allies tank vs tank you dare not try and flank anything because 9 times out of 10 there will be a volkshrek blob trailing behind it waiting for you to do just that.

Almost killed a panther and want to give chase? Same thing again.

It forces you to try and slug it out with axis tanks face to face. Something they are ill equipped for.

Never give chase as allies in late game teamgames, pushing an axis tank back is victory enough, it'll give you map control and not to mention veterancy for your tanks.

Allied tanks can't overextend like axis tanks can. Which seems unfair, but it is what it is.

I've killed KT's and Tigers who just slightly overextended with their support out of reach. Never overextend yourself, except you absolutely know for sure it's safe.
1 Jan 2016, 08:47 AM

3 consecutive team games where dual OKW just volk shrek blob spam until heavies. No need for any real talent to win.
1 Jan 2016, 10:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2015, 11:58 AMEsxile
Purely removing shreck from volks would break the balance for another 6 months.

The OKW only really need the schreck for two reasons, Stuart and T70. The schreck on the volks are a life save if you went medical first and the other guy rush a stuart.

However, right now the schreck spam is becoming cancerous. Instead of using combine arms the okw are just spamming schreck until King tiger. The OKW already have the best armor line up in the game, with or without doctrine. They don't need access to the strongest inf anti-tank weapon on their base unit as well.
1 Jan 2016, 13:08 PM

The OKW only really need the schreck for two reasons, Stuart and T70. The schreck on the volks are a life save if you went medical first and the other guy rush a stuart.

However, right now the schreck spam is becoming cancerous. Instead of using combine arms the okw are just spamming schreck until King tiger. The OKW already have the best armor line up in the game, with or without doctrine. They don't need access to the strongest inf anti-tank weapon on their base unit as well.

And this would break the balance, making OKW T1 not even use anymore because of Stuart/T70 rush. Like USF T1 because of OKW T2 rush.

So leave them their shreck but increase their hidden cost by adding more munition sink around like I listen in my last post.

1 Jan 2016, 13:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2015, 19:02 PMLooney

Never give chase as allies in late game teamgames, pushing an axis tank back is victory enough, it'll give you map control and not to mention veterancy for your tanks.

Allied tanks can't overextend like axis tanks can. Which seems unfair, but it is what it is.

I've killed KT's and Tigers who just slightly overextended with their support out of reach. Never overextend yourself, except you absolutely know for sure it's safe.

The main problem with that is allied armour isn't good at face to face combat, it's designed to flank.

Another downside is that axis tanks are more likely to penetrate so will vet up faster-and they generally get better vet. vet 1 capping ability anyone?
1 Jan 2016, 15:55 PM

Give 2 to obers for the same price as Panzergrens. either obers upgrade to MG or Schrecks, but give health penalty to schreck carrying squads.
2 Jan 2016, 07:25 AM

let them hold schrecks, reduce schrecks effective range. medium tanks should wreck infantry at long range.

problem is more with allied infantry not being able to match up to volks cost effectively with 20% AI dmg buff and incinediary nades wrecking the shit out of mg positions.

this is more a problem with conscripts being shit, no sidegrades for volks to get access to incinediary nades and schrecks.

allies have to tech fast and get sidegrades in order to beat volks and prepare for light tanks. while okw dont need to, this leads to allies constantly being outgunned by volks/luchs combo or outnumberef by sheer volks spam.
2 Jan 2016, 17:01 PM

The new volk changes allow them to compete with riflemen at medium range. I can barely keep up with the wipes they are achieving. :foreveralone:

I'd suggest re-working their values, rather than having their shreks removed.
2 Jan 2016, 17:14 PM
Patrion 14

The new volk changes allow them to compete with riflemen at medium range. I can barely keep up with the wipes they are achieving. :foreveralone:

I'd suggest re-working their values, rather than having their shreks removed.

The answer is to smoke and flank m8
3 Jan 2016, 00:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jan 2016, 13:08 PMEsxile

And this would break the balance, making OKW T1 not even use anymore because of Stuart/T70 rush. Like USF T1 because of OKW T2 rush.

So leave them their shreck but increase their hidden cost by adding more munition sink around like I listen in my last post.

Give 2 to obers for the same price as Panzergrens. either obers upgrade to MG or Schrecks, but give health penalty to schreck carrying squads.

how about this:

give ober the same 2x schreck as the panzergrenadier and move it to the medical truck. However, the LMG34 upgrade still require the flak truck. Naturally buying the schreck lock out the mp44 and lmg34.

volks get faust instead of schreck
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS