Login

russian armor

Poll: Should OKW Volks have their shrecks removed/modified?

29 Dec 2015, 16:47 PM

No. Okw need shrecks on their volks.

If you remove them they will lack mid game at options , because raketten get flanked and its gg. Shreck is there to hold line for raketen while raketen snipe tanks from afar.

Femember you can kite shrecked volks with every vehicle , thier rangy is low.

And please dont give them fausts i dont want Ostheer 2.0 with bigger tanks and field reinforcement/defences
29 Dec 2015, 16:58 PM

If you remove them they will lack mid game at options , because raketten get flanked and its gg. Shreck is there to hold line for raketen while raketen snipe tanks from afar.

And please dont give them fausts i dont want Ostheer 2.0 with bigger tanks and field reinforcement/defences

And why?

No1 would dare to flank raketens while a volk sits there waiting to faust any allied vehicle, or a mine. If so, it's gg for the allies. Volks with shrecks are just plain dumb and promotes blobby playstyle. AI upgrade for volks and shrecks for Sturmpios would be better.

They always float enough MP to get more raketens for AT.

OKW already lost most of it's charm. It's like Ostheer 0.5.
29 Dec 2015, 17:47 PM

Permanently Banned
With no shrecks, and the 50 range racketen. Then okw is just screwed if they ever decide to go medic truck.

This may have worked when jp4 was in medic truck. But no longer.
29 Dec 2015, 17:49 PM

Uhhh, what?

Flanked raketen can reatreat. Flanked ZiS or 57mm cannot.
What soviet's have to hold the line agasint tanks? PTRS? Only ZiS gun. Not to mention that Raketen is T0 unit which can cloak.
So what's SU or USF mid-game AT option? PTRS? Zooks? As AT they only rely on AT guns, but OKW cannot rely on AT gun which can retreat?
29 Dec 2015, 18:12 PM

And why?

No1 would dare to flank raketens while a volk sits there waiting to faust any allied vehicle, or a mine. If so, it's gg for the allies. Volks with shrecks are just plain dumb and promotes blobby playstyle. AI upgrade for volks and shrecks for Sturmpios would be better.

They always float enough MP to get more raketens for AT.

OKW already lost most of it's charm. It's like Ostheer 0.5.

give sturmpios shreck and you will have steroid reapir speed at 10 minutes becuase of vet bonuses.

Also forgot to use them on wiring because they need to fight and repair :/

Shreck on pios is not good
29 Dec 2015, 18:23 PM

Thinking about faust on volks and yeah raketen isn't going to cut it with its range and fire arc, so whats the alternative- give okw a pak40 or take away the setup time on raketen, I strongly doubt any of those options will work and allies are dreaming if they think raketen is as durable as the other at guns.
29 Dec 2015, 18:35 PM

Said this in another thread and it was pretty much ignored. Let's try this again:

BTW I think it's hilarious that all these "I should be able to drive my medium armor up to 3+ anti-tank squads and win" types are suggesting removing the schreck in favor of a faust and anti-inf upgrade.

Have you guys ever thought that out? OKW would lose its largest muni-sink, have plenty munis on hand at all times for fausts ( guaranteed hit + engine crit) on every one of its core infantry squads, and when late game arrives they'll have an option to gain anti-inf capability as well. You'll still have Volks blobs with AT capability that not only damages your armor but *crits the engine* as well, and on top of that when you try to move infantry in to support they'll just get eaten up by smgs.

Leave the volks as they are, schrecks have been tweaked enough over a series of patches so that they aren't the laser guided weapons they used to be. You can easily stay out of effective schreck range if you are somewhat competent. There are plenty of blob counters by now, and good players usually utilize smoke abilitys to protect their tanks against massed schrecks. The best players use those smoke abilities to bait the schreck squad into tasty crushes.

This same forum topic every week.

29 Dec 2015, 18:45 PM

give sturmpios shreck and you will have steroid reapir speed at 10 minutes becuase of vet bonuses.

Also forgot to use them on wiring because they need to fight and repair :/

Shreck on pios is not good

Then kick shrecks from OKW....oh wait, they still have free repairs.
29 Dec 2015, 18:47 PM

Said this in another thread and it was pretty much ignored. Let's try this again:

may be true in 1v1 2v2. i'm not sure but this thread did not talk about giving them AI weapons.

I think it's better to give them panzerbouche AT rifle and faust.
People argue that without shrek, they would lose to light vehicles and AT rifle and faust would resolve that issue. It would give OKW a snare option as well since they don't have one (non-doc).
Faust will still be a munitions sink since it uses 30 muni every time it's used and require closer range. This will also encourage pioneers to lay mines and make the game more tactical.

As is, I just use all my munitions on shreks, lmg upgrades, and grenades because their utility lasts early to late game. i would rather have a blob of volks try to faust their way to victory rather than shrek but that's just my opinion.
29 Dec 2015, 19:55 PM

Shreck to pios :p
Phy
29 Dec 2015, 19:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2015, 11:43 AMLooney

I'm rank 1 with USF and imo allies are stronger then axis in 2s and I dare say 3s and 4s. Go combined arms > rush tech > choose a counter doc > axis.

And coh2chart.com says exactly the opposite. :foreveralone:
29 Dec 2015, 20:00 PM

And why could shrek-sturms not defend the raketten? USSR manages to make do without shreks to defend its ATGs...

At present the OKW simply has it too good in anything above 1v1.
29 Dec 2015, 20:01 PM
Donator 22

Maybe they should be able to lay cheap, anti tank mines instead of shreks. Like 20 munis with a smaller AOE. I don't think panzerfausts are a good idea, they'd become useless. People would just spam call in infantry.

29 Dec 2015, 20:42 PM

MP40 upgrade and Panzerfaust (like in CoH1, nostalgia factor!)

The poll is mediocre. Should be multiple-choice and include the AI upgrade option.
29 Dec 2015, 21:32 PM

may be true in 1v1 2v2. i'm not sure but this thread did not talk about giving them AI weapons.

I think it's better to give them panzerbouche AT rifle and faust.
People argue that without shrek, they would lose to light vehicles and AT rifle and faust would resolve that issue. It would give OKW a snare option as well since they don't have one (non-doc).
Faust will still be a munitions sink since it uses 30 muni every time it's used and require closer range. This will also encourage pioneers to lay mines and make the game more tactical.

As is, I just use all my munitions on shreks, lmg upgrades, and grenades because their utility lasts early to late game. i would rather have a blob of volks try to faust their way to victory rather than shrek but that's just my opinion.

An interesting idea, yet somehow I feel that this would lead to just as frustrating, if not more frustrating, play for allies. There would still be incentive to blob volks against any allied vehicles, especially light vehicles. One faust off on a light to snare it, while you could either follow up with 2 more fausts to finish it or just plink away with AT rifles. 1 schreck = 3 fausts. I'd much rather deal with kiting 1 schreck than one flanking Volks getting off a snare while the others rush in with AT rifles/more fausts. I'm willing to bet just about everyone else would feel the same. Honestly, Looney said it best, yet everyone on these forums tends to ignore any voice of reason:

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2015, 11:43 AMLooney
How anyone got a problem with shrecks is beyond me. I would fear volks with faust + cloaked raketten far more then this AI downgrade.

And thank god that volks don't have an AI upgrade, OKW tanks are pretty strong and besides, OKW got the most elite infantry out there to compensate.

People crying about volk blobs should just l2combine arms and move in 1 force and retreat solo squads faster so you don't bleed alot.

I'm rank 1 with USF and imo allies are stronger then axis in 2s and I dare say 3s and 4s. Go combined arms > rush tech > choose a counter doc > axis.

If you play it well, Axis will be playing catch up all day long.

29 Dec 2015, 21:33 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2015, 19:58 PMPhy

And coh2chart.com says exactly the opposite. :foreveralone:

The only reason why axis is winning more in teamgames is because you have to micro more as allies in late game, which most players can't handle in higher teamgames. There is a max micro for both sides, but it's higher for allies in teamgames. What's more is the snowball effect that allies have when losing tanks/squads in teamgames which is really hard to recover from.

When you reach a high amount of micro and oversight of the field you'll notice OKW isn't really all that special. Ost is probadly harder to fight against then OKW in high teamgames. Nerfing suppresion was a huge nerf to there early game, they lack supression, it's so easy to push OKW off.

This does not count in 1s and 2s of course were both sides argueably micro the same amount.
29 Dec 2015, 21:37 PM

Then kick shrecks from OKW....oh wait, they still have free repairs.

That is like saying kick weapon rack from USA because they have free squads with zooks and bar.

Pls stop being fanboy
29 Dec 2015, 21:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2015, 20:00 PMGrim

And why could shrek-sturms not defend the raketten? USSR manages to make do without shreks to defend its ATGs...

At present the OKW simply has it too good in anything above 1v1.

Right now relic focuses on 1v1 balance (regarding their latest posts about e-sports )

And maybe USSR manage to hold their own because vehicles fear to go close quarter becuase of snades?

The same apply on ostheer.

And this is also why UKF have biggest problems against vehicle rushes.

And dont get me wrong but volks cannot solo any vehicle unless they ambush it or opponent do not kite them.

And please dont make shrecked sturms.

You think it is fine that repair unit that alos lay mines and detect them should have also AT ? They will too much multirole

And dont forget crazy vet5 repair speed whitch will be hit in 10 minutes with shrecks.

It was design and shrecks should be on volks.

Also keep in mind shreck still cost 90 munny while on pgrens only 60 and USA get 3 bars for 2 shrecks.

29 Dec 2015, 22:18 PM

That is like saying kick weapon rack from USA because they have free squads with zooks and bar.

Pls stop being fanboy

Lol...wut?

Being a fanboy? What sort of? More like being reasonable...

Anyway, having durable spammable mainline infantry with AT is simple bullshit from design perspective.

I don't see any problem with Sturmpios and shrecks. They aren't spammable, and the quick veterancy for them isn't much of a deal. Their repair bonus isnt great, that price u can 2 CEs -.-.

As for their multirole, why not? Atleast the faction would be unique somehow...

Pls stop being a "strategist"
29 Dec 2015, 22:21 PM

Right now relic focuses on 1v1 balance (regarding their latest posts about e-sports )

And maybe USSR manage to hold their own because vehicles fear to go close quarter becuase of snades?

The same apply on ostheer.

And this is also why UKF have biggest problems against vehicle rushes.

And dont get me wrong but volks cannot solo any vehicle unless they ambush it or opponent do not kite them.

And please dont make shrecked sturms.

You think it is fine that repair unit that alos lay mines and detect them should have also AT ? They will too much multirole

And dont forget crazy vet5 repair speed whitch will be hit in 10 minutes with shrecks.

It was design and shrecks should be on volks.

Also keep in mind shreck still cost 90 munny while on pgrens only 60 and USA get 3 bars for 2 shrecks.

Thats why people are suggesting replacing the shrek with a snare as one of the alternatives, although if that happened I'd say just ditch shreks for OKW altogether.

Yes, I know Relic balances around 1v1 but it is apparent that that method is unsuitable due to the negative impact it has on all game modes above it.

If they gave shreks to sturmpios (still the most viable option I think) then they SHOULDN'T be given the option of multitasking, let alone worry about it. They get the sweeper or the shrek, not both. With that in mind they differ very little from pios with flamethrowers, they're engineers with added firepower. Not hard to manage:kill tanks, repair tanks and lay mines. Three main functions. Easy.

UKF sappers have to do the same but manage emplacements under fire as well.

As for volks being unable to solo a vehicle? The main issue is that yes they most certainly can. Or perhaps part of the issue is that many of their counters are so lack-luster or tied to doctrines.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★