Login

russian armor

Any news on the next patch?

27 Dec 2015, 20:26 PM

I'm probably opening a can of worms here but I am eager for the next patch to arrive.

Playing team games is quickly losing it's attraction for me when facing the OKW. They seem to outman and outgun you at almost every stage.

I had one of the best and most diverse games I had played the other day. The match was highly contended from the outset. They used PzIV's/Stugs/grens/Pzgrens/panthers/brumbars/Mg's/mortars/Paks/Pzwerfers the whole shebang. In retrospect I believe it was due to it being a all-Wher team that this game was so enjoyable, seeing what they would come up with next was half the fun...and the challenge.

Against OKW it's normally volks, rinse, repeat. Add shreks to flavour. Each time you push them off but they gain vet and you bleed MP like a pig.

I'm not so much complaining about the OP aspects of the OKW but the LACK OF DIVERSITY their units encourage, it's the boredom of facing them that I find stifling.

But whatever, I know this forum isn't exactly known for its impartial fan-base so I'll probably just get abuse and the good ol' 'L2p' but we all know that change of some sort is needed.

Hope you all had a good Christmas though!
28 Dec 2015, 01:36 AM

its simply bekause spaming shrek-blobbs into kt/panther is probably the best and the easiest meta in team games,which has been the case for a long time(except the period of the leig fest).all in all,this is more of a recognition problem instead of a game one.you should just play some 1v1/2v2 and im sure u will have a different view
28 Dec 2015, 02:17 AM

No patches until summer since Relic said they don't want to touch balance until ESL ends, with finals in the end of April.
28 Dec 2015, 02:35 AM

No patches until summer since Relic said they don't want to touch balance until ESL ends, with finals in the end of April.

Your saying that Im going through the whole summer (in Australia) without a balance patch or even any bug fixes?

I can understand why so they can pick out the bugs, un-nessercary teching (changes) and underperforming units but oof lad, if we have to wait that long it better be worth it.

Wait hold on....is their already a thread about this?
28 Dec 2015, 03:34 AM

Permanently Banned
Atleast nothing is grossly OP
28 Dec 2015, 05:54 AM

something something

They said that they will only release small patches, like 1-2 small balance related changes. Nothing big until the end of ESL.
28 Dec 2015, 12:51 PM

its simply bekause spaming shrek-blobbs into kt/panther is probably the best and the easiest meta in team games,which has been the case for a long time(except the period of the leig fest).all in all,this is more of a recognition problem instead of a game one.you should just play some 1v1/2v2 and im sure u will have a different view

So what you're trying to say is L2P but in a more modest fashion ;)

I fear it goes a bit deeper than that though. I have recognised the problem, as have many others, and it's name is OKW.
28 Dec 2015, 12:56 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

I don't think ESL is a bad indicator on how they have to improve balance to meet higher standards for bigger events etc.
28 Dec 2015, 13:06 PM

They said that they will only release small patches, like 1-2 small balance related changes. Nothing big until the end of ESL.

Which is the way to go.

Small, surgical changes, no more sledgehammering like recent OKW changes.
28 Dec 2015, 13:13 PM

I don't think ESL is a bad indicator on how they have to improve balance to meet higher standards for bigger events etc.

they will.

but not with COH2.

28 Dec 2015, 13:13 PM

From where I come there is a saying "let it be if it works like this...". The fact is this saying is pointing out an issue that realy needs some improvements, but because it's still working in its actual estate people don't bother so hard to improve it. And it's a negative example.

Esl? With this optimization level? Lol.
So we also must assume that the balance is good. Hehehe.
28 Dec 2015, 14:09 PM

This is slap to face team players from Relic.
28 Dec 2015, 14:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Dec 2015, 14:09 PMAradan

This is slap to face team players from Relic.

He got it wrong, no BIG patches, relic wants to make precision based patches, addressing singular army, abilities and units instead of meta flips we had until the OKW overhaul patch and brit overnerfs.
28 Dec 2015, 15:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Dec 2015, 14:14 PMKatitof

He got it wrong, no BIG patches, relic wants to make precision based patches, addressing singular army, abilities and units instead of meta flips we had until the OKW overhaul patch and brit overnerfs.

You think they will be able to fix broken-ass OKW in teamgames along with USF blobs and other stuff with a few small changes? I don't.
28 Dec 2015, 17:27 PM

You think they will be able to fix broken-ass OKW in teamgames along with USF blobs and other stuff with a few small changes? I don't.

Yes, because that is exactly what is needed.
That is how CORRECT and ACCURATE balancing works.
28 Dec 2015, 17:33 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

COH2 is the most balanced/fun to play it has ever been (i play both sides). The OKW need to be tweaked a bit, and some other balance changes that are minor need to be adressed.

But overall, props relic, things are looking better than ever. KEEP IT UP
28 Dec 2015, 21:11 PM

SEXTON cries from underneath earth.
29 Dec 2015, 06:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Dec 2015, 12:51 PMGrim

So what you're trying to say is L2P but in a more modest fashion ;)

I fear it goes a bit deeper than that though. I have recognised the problem, as have many others, and it's name is OKW.
not really, all I said is to play differently , with a boarder horizon. I meant no degatoriness whatsoever
29 Dec 2015, 07:43 AM

A lot of people expressed disappointment with the last patch because there wasn't a lot of changes and they weren't large. However, the patch helped balance a lot. Go look at http://coh2chart.com/

If done well, the game could be balanced with another couple small tweaks. No suppression from pak howie, LeIG, and Kubel were steps in the right direction. I also think that giving OKW full income was better in the long run, but probably should have been done along with taking away the free tech that OKW gets (or giving it to other factions also).
29 Dec 2015, 08:36 AM

Problem is not maximal faction power whitch is represented by winrates and meta.

Problem is faction diversity.

Right now you have like 1-2 options to play some factions to play them to their fullest or esle you wont win with them.

For example soveits are always guard motor or shock frontline , only few of games are played with "third " commader

They also have few viaable units , tier 1 is often death sentence , sniper is bad , penals suck , main line tack is nothing great so players are forced to go one of tanky doctrines.

Ostheer is one of most diverse factions , all his units are viaable , only think that you cannot play with in most games is tier4. I think panzrwerfer need to brought in line with katty , and then give tier 4 a mall price decreas because right now you dont need to go for tier 4 because tier 3 is good at everything.

At last they hav lot of viaable commaders (mobile defence , tigers docs, SCAS , Prostruppen , TA commader)

British are right now fine , all thier units can be used in 1v1 except mplacemets , they are often deathholes but at least viaable in some games , still better than sim cities 3.0

Roayl arty commader need to be brought in line with other commaders , right now he simply suck.

OKW is now strong and viaable , all units are fine , all teching choices can be used in some situations , they are pretty good axcept they lack good infantry and mg mid game so you are forced to go single doctrine 90= of all games whitch is boring. And if you dont go mg , you are forced to blob to outnumber rifles.

I think all commaders can be used in some situations

USA looks fine but it is not.

Liehtananut is strong but often death sentence because it lack AT gun. If USA have AT gun in hq unlocked after one tier tech.

Otherwise they are viaable except that rifle rifle rifle rifle oppening :P

Major tanks are strong as are ostheer tier 3 tanks , captain hav evrything you need , only if AT gun have got price increase and was brought in line with british AT gun with same name.

Commaders are here main problem.

After power creep in form of p2w commaders , old commader are simply bad.

No one ever will go mechanized commader , or recon , or airborne after last p47 nerf.
Airborne commader now simply give you nothing.

Only rifle , armored, infantry , cavalry and calliope commaders are now viaable.

I think relic now should fix underused commaders and units , not huge buffs just make them viaable in some situations because right now th game is not strategy game cause everyone knows what will the second guy play becuase meta is so stabilised and nothing else is stronger.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 409
United States 26
unknown 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak