Login

russian armor

B-4

26 Dec 2015, 04:45 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

No more adding suppression to indirect fire please. I'd say a decrease in manpower cost would be the best, same for all howitzers as they are all trash at the moment. That way it isn't as devastating when they get destroyed.

Pack/ISG was definitely a disaster, but it was definitely they could always pin units. Static howitzers have a cooldown that would make it manageable and they also can't be spammed by mid-game...though I certainly wouldn't mind static howitzers being limited to one in return for making that one work great.
i had this idea about the B-4.

infanry sqauds once the B-4 is build can drop a flare(like UKF sections)

these flares will not callin a B-4 barrage BUT make the B-4 fire accurately where you drop the flare(to hammer specific targets to do a counter attack)

these way we give it the accuracy it needs BUT with counterplay.

Hm, yeah, I can dig it.
26 Dec 2015, 04:58 AM

B4 over nerfed, rarely seen. It's a unit where it's unless or too strong
26 Dec 2015, 07:53 AM

Fine as it is.
26 Dec 2015, 08:50 AM

that's actually a good idea. the problem with the brit base artillery is that it's hard to get into range against things it's actually usable against. the b4 also has HUGE scatter on the standard shot (about a screen if you're aiming at the center) but it was way to strong with precision shot for obvious reasons.

its gonna be an accurate Shot but it wont be easy to do(cause it will be an accurate B-4 shot).

Unlike the British howitzers which do nothing more then demolish ungarrisoned buildings.
26 Dec 2015, 09:05 AM

Sometimes, when people complain over things like these, I imagine spoiled brats requiring immediate gratification. You won't hit with every shot, and you really don't get to hit with every shot. Is there some kind of privilege I am not aware of?

Use it with forward spotters or the recon overflight to increase it's accuracy and keep firing. It has a very very low cooldown, especially on vet 2, and it kills whatever it touches. You will see the results eventually. If you need results faster then you picked the wrong commander.

So please, enough with this.

PS: The KV-1 is also fine.
26 Dec 2015, 09:47 AM
Patrion 28

Sometimes, when people complain over things like these, I imagine spoiled brats requiring immediate gratification. You won't hit with every shot, and you really don't get to hit with every shot. Is there some kind of privilege I am not aware of?

Use it with forward spotters or the recon overflight to increase it's accuracy and keep firing. It has a very very low cooldown, especially on vet 2, and it kills whatever it touches. You will see the results eventually. If you need results faster then you picked the wrong commander.

So please, enough with this.

PS: The KV-1 is also fine.

the problem right now is that sometimes the b-4 wipes and sometimes it does absolutely nothing. you can get 6 wipes in a row or 6 nothings. that's not fun and that's not predictable. i had one game where i built 2 or three and i was targeting an HQ in the center of the screen and having th3 b4 impact on the edge of the screen. that was with los

i had a screenshot of it but it looks like i trashed it.
26 Dec 2015, 09:55 AM

I will choose Katyusha any time over ML-20, and ML-20 over B-4, so it's definitely not ok unit, like majority of gun artillery in game. B-4 is the main unit in Counterattack tactics doctrine, SU is the most doctrine dependent faction, and B-4 doesn't pull this weight.
26 Dec 2015, 10:05 AM

So I put 1 volks squad and used B-5 against them into fog of war.

Results: I was amaing at the green cross. Red crosses are places where shell hit. Finy fact is, if I put them behind cover, the last (6th) shell wouldnt do anything, I mean, it killed 3 models becase they were spread out. If I put them behind cover and aim at them with the center of the scatter, they would be fine for the 6 shots

26 Dec 2015, 10:11 AM

4. Fix the bug where it takes 20 seconds to fire and cancelling this long animation results in cool down to magically occur
30 Dec 2015, 19:54 PM

So I put 1 volks squad and used B-5 against them into fog of war.

Results: I was amaing at the green cross. Red crosses are places where shell hit. Finy fact is, if I put them behind cover, the last (6th) shell wouldnt do anything, I mean, it killed 3 models becase they were spread out. If I put them behind cover and aim at them with the center of the scatter, they would be fine for the 6 shots

Lol, may as well use the ring to aim
30 Dec 2015, 20:05 PM

Permanently Banned
I heard howitzers scatter more when firing into the fow.
30 Dec 2015, 20:32 PM

Needs more shells, like 3 or something.

LeFH still remains my favorite.
30 Dec 2015, 21:51 PM

is it me or the b4 have less aoe then tnt
31 Dec 2015, 13:24 PM

Could have it fire additional shells with vet. 1 extra shell at vet 1-2, and an additional shell at vet 3 for 3 shells total, though have a slower refire rate then the standard howitzers.

Keep the poor accuracy, nerf the damage and aoe slightly.
31 Dec 2015, 13:36 PM

There are a few things in coh2 that are broken: instant wiping machines (AVRE, Sturmtiger, B4) and things that are instant click-wipes (divebomb). Divebomb is stupid because it counters field artillery. Does it still have the insanely huge AoE against infantry?
Anyway, B4 acting like a traditional artillery to some degree is a good idea. a 3 round barrage with long reload would be a good idea to make it balanced. Doing something with Stuka divebomb would be great, i.e removing it completely.

Is there any axis unit or ability that does not need nerf?
2 Jan 2016, 20:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2015, 13:36 PMJespe

Is there any axis unit or ability that does not need nerf?

Flack Halftrack. I personaly love that thing.

Also
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sGmoqGiBw5U

2 Jan 2016, 23:09 PM

B4: fix animation, scatter reduction, slight increase damage against armour, less damage against inf. increase damage in direct mode, vet bonus adjusted to new stats.

kv1: stats in line with similar tanks of other factions, damage output enough to deal with p4s but not panthers and heavy tanks, replace cap territory with dug in mode (it works like the german one: unable to move but stats increased in this mode. I have tried it and it works really well for this unit) price adjusted to new features and stats.

Add sound to "for mother russia".

Commander playable again.
3 Jan 2016, 12:00 PM

Flack Halftrack. I personaly love that thing.

I saw one once... managed to kill one of my piat squads before I managed to stop laughing and kill it.
4 Jan 2016, 16:40 PM

The B4 commander is pretty much dead since the heavy nerf on B4. Nobody will use this commander until B4 is somewhat useful again.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 100
unknown 6
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak