Coder Red Badge

Krebs and Harlequin MVP casting duo. MAKE IT HAPPEN BOYS
26 Dec 2015, 18:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2015, 18:35 PMInverse
Krebs and Harlequin MVP casting duo. MAKE IT HAPPEN BOYS

Whatever happened to Harlequin, loved that guy
26 Dec 2015, 18:53 PM
Patrion 14

And is there actually a twitter requirement? Fucking christ, its one thing that you need a damn LinkedIn to stay "relevant" in the job market, now I've got to sign up for more social media I don't really care for?

Thats the point.

This is more or less off topic here but why must a caster be a social media manager as well? I know YouTube or Twitch content creator who either don't use any social media platform at all or got an account but aren't actually active. Guess what, the are still successful. The only reason why i use Facebook is some sort of news website. Time is limited and i prefer investing my time in creating more videos and not managing a social media platform.
26 Dec 2015, 19:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2015, 17:14 PMGiaA

lol plexy, he has acquired a bigger viewerbase than pretty much all english casters by doing exclusively german videos. I doubt that this would have been possible if he was an unsociable "shut-in".
he uploads videos of video games to a youtube channel. Is that his job

This is more or less off topic here but why must a caster be a social media manager as well?

Welcome to the 21st century. "That meteor doesn't look that big" said the dinosaur
26 Dec 2015, 19:16 PM

It's not superfluous to require their casters to also be human beings rather than unsociable shut-ins.

well you're sure as shit not doing a good job of proving me wrong

The irony of these two statements coming from you is absolutely mind-boggling considering what I just saw browsing through your twitter and youtube pages.
26 Dec 2015, 19:48 PM

he uploads videos of video games to a youtube channel. Is that his job

Welcome to the 21st century. "That meteor doesn't look that big" said the dinosaur

Uploading videos of video games to a youtube channel is what this thread is all about.
26 Dec 2015, 19:51 PM

The irony of these two statements coming from you is absolutely mind-boggling considering what I just saw browsing through your twitter and youtube pages.
I have no idea what you mean, why don't you clear the muddy waters there bud

Uploading videos of video games to a youtube channel is what this thread is all about.

Cars go faster when you press the gas pedal

I'd like to beg the question. Twitter is necessary to get into this and he refuses to get one because it's hazukashii. I'm claiming he's just being a brat and I guess his life is just so difficult it's just impossible for him to get one when they're free
26 Dec 2015, 19:52 PM

I'd like to beg the question. Twitter is necessary to get into this and he refuses to get one because it's hazukashii. I'm claiming he's just being a brat and I guess his life is just so difficult it's just impossible for him to get one when they're free

not sure if drunk, troll or just stupid
26 Dec 2015, 19:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2015, 19:52 PMGiaA

not sure if drunk, troll or just stupid
my twitter speaks for itself

Follow me and I'll follow back
26 Dec 2015, 20:25 PM

Dude I don't know what's gotten into you.

Plenty of people don't like giving all of their personal info to company after company. Hell, there's a big deal at my uni where any professors that want to use the piece of shit turnitin site must give students the option to use aliases for privacy and security concerns.

So if I already have a youtube, twitch, etc, why should I just accept that Relic made it mandatory for us to use twitter to participate?

I mean fuck, how many guys in the coh 2 community keep and active twitter? You? Dane? Ami? Storm less?

I mean I get that it's free, easy, whatever the fuck, but it's still dumb to enforce on a community that largely exists on YouTube and twitch, possibly facebook, and definitely not twitter.
26 Dec 2015, 20:48 PM
Donator 33

I still remember with dismay the noun era of news posts on .com, clicking through anonymized links to landing pages for various social platforms, sometimes not even being able to find the news itself I came to read.

Twitter got pushed hard when the venture capital moved in, all the newspapers started mentioning it, event organizers jumped on board, then the mass of people pulled in for promotions reinforced the appearance that something big was happening, and the cycle grew and continued. If you get enjoyment from it then go ahead, but life is short and there are a lot of waves to ride. To this day I have not once seen anyone use it in a day-to-day situation or even talk about it beyond analytical fascination (it's often in the news). Maybe this is different in other countries.

If there are awesome casters who can't be bothered following this particular wave, just contact them another way. Voting with feet. They'll get the message.
26 Dec 2015, 21:00 PM

Dude I don't know what's gotten into you.

Plenty of people don't like giving all of their personal info to company after company. Hell, there's a big deal at my uni where any professors that want to use the piece of shit turnitin site must give students the option to use aliases for privacy and security concerns.

So if I already have a youtube, twitch, etc, why should I just accept that Relic made it mandatory for us to use twitter to participate?

I mean fuck, how many guys in the coh 2 community keep and active twitter? You? Dane? Ami? Storm less?

I mean I get that it's free, easy, whatever the fuck, but it's still dumb to enforce on a community that largely exists on YouTube and twitch, possibly facebook, and definitely not twitter.
haha seriously? Turnitin violating privacy concerns? Just say you're going to be copying other people don't fucking pretend it's violating your privacy or whatever.

I think you all think people give way bigger of a shit than they actually do about whatever stupid shit you're interested in,unless you're actively trying to join ISIS.

I find it easy more hilarious that you think Facebook is somehow better about not giving out your personal info when it listens to your phone microphone to target ads to you better.

Frankly, I don't know nor care what reasons Relic has for choosing twitter. But, these are the rules before us, and whining about what a shitty decision that is for bullshit reasons like "it's too much effort" makes you sound almost exactly like my grandmother trying to turn on a computer for the first time.

You can voice reasonable concerns without sounding like the world's orbit should revolve around you instead of the sun. It's how I feel regarding balance complaints, and it's how I feel here as well.
26 Dec 2015, 21:21 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

haha seriously? Turnitin violating privacy concerns? Just say you're going to be copying other people don't fucking pretend it's violating your privacy or whatever.

I think you all think people give way bigger of a shit than they actually do about whatever stupid shit you're interested in,unless you're actively trying to join ISIS.

I find it easy more hilarious that you think Facebook is somehow better about not giving out your personal info when it listens to your phone microphone to target ads to you better.

Frankly, I don't know nor care what reasons Relic has for choosing twitter. But, these are the rules before us, and whining about what a shitty decision that is for bullshit reasons like "it's too much effort" makes you sound almost exactly like my grandmother trying to turn on a computer for the first time.

You can voice reasonable concerns without sounding like the world's orbit should revolve around you instead of the sun. It's how I feel regarding balance complaints, and it's how I feel here as well.

Your usage of logical fallacies is quite astounding. No idea why you bother to keep posting here rather than improve your casting.
26 Dec 2015, 21:28 PM

Your usage of logical fallacies is quite astounding. No idea why you bother to keep posting here rather than improve your casting.
logical fallacies?? Haha tell me which ones I'm violating with your high school level debate experience.
26 Dec 2015, 21:47 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

You are using an "argument from ignorance", "moral high ground ", and you are also using many red herring fallacies. As I said ,its quite astounding as you manage to induct so many in just a few posts.

I can help you out with learning the game and other related things if need be. :)
26 Dec 2015, 21:55 PM

You are using an "argument from ignorance", "moral high ground ", and you are also using many red herring fallacies. As I said ,its quite astounding as you manage to induct so many in just a few posts.

I can help you out with learning the game and other related things if need be. :)
burden of proof, explain how I violated those using specific examples please
26 Dec 2015, 22:17 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Guys pls calm down or I have to light up some arses
26 Dec 2015, 22:17 PM

Way to jump to conclusions that I cheat in school. My work is still submitted on turnitin, just under a pseudonym that the professor knows.

Direct quote from my uni:

"EMAIL TO FACULTY:

You are receiving this email because you have used Turnitin in your classes during the last academic year, either through WebCT Vista or directly through the Turnitin website.

I am following up on information which you received regarding Turnitin in late April. As you may recall, we discovered that Turnitin was storing personal information (first name, last name, email address) of our students in the United States. As this contravenes the BC Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, we disabled the connection through WebCT Vista and asked Turnitin to alter the consent form appropriately."

"Students will need to create an account on the Turnitin website. During the registration process, they will be asked to provide formal consent to the storage of their personal information in the US. Please advise students to use an alias (you may wish to ask students to use the first 5 digits of their student number) to create a Turnitin account if they are concerned about having information stored in the US. If they choose this option, they will have to let you know what alias they are using."

So, wow, go figure, big universities can acknowledge that not everyone wants to have every single American company have all of their info when it isn't necessary.

And its great to assume that I'm ignorant to Facebook doing the same shit; I'm well aware of it. Frankly, I have too many people I want to keep in touch with on there that I've already accepted that they have all this info on me.

But its alright I guess, I'm just a young grandma that doesn't want to get twitter. Guess I'm out of touch
26 Dec 2015, 22:45 PM

Way to jump to conclusions that I cheat in school. My work is still submitted on turnitin, just under a pseudonym that the professor knows.

So, wow, go figure, big universities can acknowledge that not everyone wants to have every single American company have all of their info when it isn't necessary.

And its great to assume that I'm ignorant to Facebook doing the same shit; I'm well aware of it. Frankly, I have too many people I want to keep in touch with on there that I've already accepted that they have all this info on me.

But its alright I guess, I'm just a young grandma that doesn't want to get twitter. Guess I'm out of touch
well I had no idea what the situation was, nor the minutia of Canadian law. It was my assumption this was a student-led effort and after reading one student union's ridiculous demands that was basically begging the University for money, I was in a poor state of mind.

Regardless the point is the same, if you were actually concerned about your metadata collected by twitter, it's hypocritical to offer Facebook as an alternative.

I have a great idea, how about whoever cries the loudest on Facebook can get an ESL caster spot. I'll propose that to Relic on twitter.
PAGES (4)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 42
unknown 39
Germany 15
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W