Login

russian armor

Recrewed MG reinforcement cost bug (Tommies, PGrens, etc)

23 Dec 2015, 17:52 PM

The Bug / Reproduction Steps

For this you need:
- 1 Tommy squad (UKF Infantry Section)
- 1 Decrewed Vickers MG, which you will recrew

Normally, when you recrew weapons, the weapon teams take the stats (and reinforcement cost) of the recrewing unit. However, in this case:

- Tommies' reinforcement cost is 28 per model (changed on October 29 patch)
- Vickers' reinforcement cost is 35 per model (this is the cost per model prior to the October 29 patch)

The reinforcement cost of Vickers should have been 28 per model.

The Cause

The October 29 patch intended to decrease the reinforcement cost of Tommies. The way this was implemented was by tweaking a reinforcement cost modifier (I don't remember the name).

For each squad type, there is a reinforcement cost modifier attribute that determines the relative price of reinforcing missing models in the squad (as opposed to buying a new squad). Each squad and support weapon type has a separate attribute

For nearly all squads, this attribute is equal to 0.5 (i.e., you are only paying 50% of the cost to reinforce the missing model).

For Tommy squads, this attribute is equal to 0.4 (i.e., you are paying 40% of the price to reinforce Tommies).

The problem is that the value of this modifier does not transfer into recrewed team weapons. Thus, Tommies have a 50% cost modifier when recrewing a team weapon (35 MP per model)

Potential fix

A more consistent way to implement the Tommies' reinforcement cost would be the following. There is an attribute called squad_member_count. This attribute does NOT change the actual size of the squad, but is only used for reinforcement cost calculations).

- Revert reinforcement cost modifier from 0.4 to 0.5
- Instead, change squad_member_count from 4 to 5

This fix is inspired from the recently-introduced reinforcement cost bug for Rear Echelons (3 December):
http://www.coh2.org/topic/45638/rip-rear-echelon-c

Other units affected by the bug

This affects all support teams (AT guns, MGs, you name it)

Over the past few months several units have received similar tweaking in their reinforcement cost modifier. In the changelog, this is referred to as "reinforcement cost reduced by 10%" (it's actually 20% if you do the math).

Invariably, all of these units are "elite" 4-men squads with a high MP creation cost. This definitely includes:
- Panzergrenadiers
- Obersoldaten
- Fallschimjaggers

There might be more units though!
(just look in your files for units with reinforcement cost modifier = 0.4)
23 Dec 2015, 18:01 PM

23 Dec 2015, 18:04 PM

It was actually somebody else in the community that noticed the bug and first determined the cause (the reinforcement cost modifier).

I tried searching the relevant thread, but I couldn't find it to give proper credits, though.
Only Relic postRelic 23 Dec 2015, 18:30 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Oh wow! Nice find.

thanks for the detailed write up too! I've entered an issue into the database.

thanks again!
23 Dec 2015, 23:33 PM
Patrion 28

same issue with the other units that had their reinforce cost decreased unless it's been fixed (stroopers, pgren, falls, obers?).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★