Login

russian armor

Without ignorance, How can one improve themself -Serrith

19 Dec 2015, 14:10 PM

As is likely with most others, I am a longtime looker and lurker on this site-though I have participated in some discussion on the Relic forums.

I am most certainly not that competent of a player, but I strive to both improve my own skill and have fun while doing so.

I do not exaggerate when I say that over half of what I know of Company of Heroes 2 comes from the knowledgeable player-base that can be found here (and on the Company of Heroes community forum); and although fanboyism on both sides is omnipresent, good advice does not require objectivity and I am glad to receive it from anyone.

While I have strong opinions about balance, I am interested in new ideas and perspectives. I like to think I have a somewhat less biased view of the game, but this is of course always offset by my own lack of knowledge.

I am somewhat intimidated by the highly skilled players I've run into both in game and potentially on forums. If you are one of these players, please do not take it personally If I am less talkative to you-it isn't your fault.

Thank you in advance for both welcoming me, and putting up with me.

-serrith
19 Dec 2015, 15:11 PM
Donator 11

Welcome to the forums bro.

Improve themselves as in get better at the game?
19 Dec 2015, 19:43 PM

Like Szun Tzu said “If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Check not only your commanders, units and their vet stats but also those of every other faction
http://www.coh2.org/guides/categories

Watch replays of top players, preferred with commentary and a lot of practice and patiences.
Don't forget to rewatch and analyze your own games. You will see what opportunities you might have had.
19 Dec 2015, 21:49 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

19 Dec 2015, 22:07 PM

Nice post OP. I would advise you to watch this video made by Ciez, it got me started on coh2 aswell. Its a video on how to get better.

19 Dec 2015, 22:19 PM

Well I can't help resources wise, I learnt to play mostly by watching ImperialDane and practising. Never stop practising because it'll give you the most valuable lessons, and if you go away from a lost game and you can identify what lost you the game, then you are already on the road to improvement, the next step is implementing your revised strategy.

As for Dane, I found his videos at first were very good to get nuggets of information, small tips and reminders like mines, sweepers, using certain houses, what to build when etc. However, and no offense Dane it's an oberservation of mine not everyone's, his tactical insight can be somewhat flawed or inconsistent compared with the high level players so take what he says with a pinch of salt.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★