Login

russian armor

Change Soviet Industry

18 Dec 2015, 19:47 PM

I am happy that Relic made some changes in the Soviet Industry commander. It made the doctrine useful and not crippling when you activated the "Soviet Industry" ability (which was scrapped altogether).

However, I think a few more changes need to be made. This commander does not feel unique and special anymore imo because of the loss of the "Soviet Industry" ability which altered your income and build times. It was a good idea to scrap it, but further changes need to be made to give this commander a unique twist, to be more fun, and more balanced.

Commander Abilities:

Allied Supply Drop: This ability is not very good. The plane flies from the opponent's side of the map. It is sure to be shot down if any AA is present on the field. The German "Supply Drop Zone" is much more powerful and safer to use. This ability could be replaced.

Repair Station: This is a unique and great ability. As far as i know, Soviet Industry is one of the few doctrines that have this ability. It matches the feel of the commander well because you can quickly repair your vehicles and bring them back into combat.

Armored Vehicle Repair: I think this ability needs to be replaced. It is a decent one, but is redundant when you have the "Repair Station" ability.

KV-8 Flamethrower Tank: I don't use this call-in on this commander a lot, so i am not sure what should be done with it.

KV-2: This is the special unit of the commander. I think it is fun to use and fairly balanced. However, at 14 CP it is way too prohibitive. A CP cost between 11 and 13 would be much better.

My Ideas for Improvement

1. Bring back a modified Soviet Industry ability (replace allied supply drop or vehicle repair)

The ability would not change incomes but would only give a modest decrease of vehicle build times anywhere from 5 percent to 30 percent. This would reflect the "mass vehicles" style of the old SOviet Industry commander.

2. Engineer Salvage Kit (replace vehicle repair or allied supply drop)

This would be similar to the Tank Hunter Tactics ability where engineers could scrap wrecks for resources.

Thoughts and comments would be appreciated
19 Dec 2015, 16:48 PM

no one here plays SOviet Industry COmmander?
21 Dec 2015, 12:23 PM

Nice ideas.

I also thing that crew repair should get changed and i also thought that vehicle production speed should get back in to the commander.
21 Dec 2015, 12:46 PM

and maybe they also should buff the kv2 a little little bit more, bcs for some reason in one game is seems to mis everything and in the next game it is a ultimate wipemachine (don't know how to reach that effect yet plz tell me :D) maybe they should give it a faster reload time bcs i believe at the moment it has one of the longest reload times of all vehicles?
Phy
21 Dec 2015, 13:38 PM

Kv2 needs buff and CP reduce.
Conversion of muni to fuel needs to be changed in order to have a chance of success during the process (if there's an OKW player your plane will always be shot down. 2vs2 3vs3 4vs4 it's just a waste of munitions because plans always are blown up)
Vehicle repair crew needs to be changed for something different (upgrade engies for salvage or faster production of tanks or at mine/grenade or special unit call in -dhsk, guards, cons with ptrs whatever-).
21 Dec 2015, 13:44 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

KV1 Flamethrower tank? :o I wish...
21 Dec 2015, 13:53 PM

I agree with everything here. The allied supply drop is very frustrating.
21 Dec 2015, 14:00 PM

Faster builds of vehicles was fine, but really 5% was too quickly and it should be changed on 0.3, as you wrote. Ability could be replaced by self repairs. And about sov supply drop, should be same as Wh one and this doctrine would be useful again
21 Dec 2015, 14:05 PM

Tank hunter's salvage kit for crew repairs.
#Fixed.
21 Dec 2015, 14:19 PM

Pretty sure the Axis fuel drop is supposed to be the same as Allied (come from over the enemies side, rather than how it is working atm).

But, yeah, Relic....
21 Dec 2015, 14:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 19:47 PMNinjaWJ

Allied Supply Drop: This ability is not very good. The plane flies from the opponent's side of the map. It is sure to be shot down if any AA is present on the field. The German "Supply Drop Zone" is much more powerful and safer to use. This ability could be replaced.

One of the both gimmick and hilarious ability in game. You just think for a moment - fuel drops comes from the ENEMY side and uses MOST farest direction...

- Ivan, I need that fuel drop!
- Roger Ivan! I will fly to you from enemy rear! As my comissar orders me to fly from longest way to help you!
- Spasibo Ivan!
- Roger Ivan!
21 Dec 2015, 14:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2015, 14:30 PMcarloff

One of the both gimmick and hilarious ability in game. You just think for a moment - fuel drops comes from the ENEMY side and uses MOST farest direction...

- Ivan, I need that fuel drop!
- Roger Ivan! I will fly to you from enemy rear! As my comissar orders me to fly from longest way to help you!
- Spasibo Ivan!
- Roger Ivan!
It was originally only for land lease. I'm pretty sure the idea is that it's the americans dropping fuel to the soviets. Hence why they come from the other side aka western front.
21 Dec 2015, 14:48 PM

It was originally only for land lease. I'm pretty sure the idea is that it's the americans dropping fuel to the soviets. Hence why they come from the other side aka western front.

Sorry I can't read minds like you do.

keppo
21 Dec 2015, 16:12 PM

Permanently Banned
I agree, back fast builds of vehicles, buff and reduce CP for kv-2 and change Armored Vehicle Repair.
21 Dec 2015, 16:58 PM

they could just switch out armored vehicle repair for increased build speeds.
21 Dec 2015, 17:11 PM

first of all T34 should be usefull.
With good vets abilities
21 Dec 2015, 22:23 PM

a fun way they can do this remake is have 5-6 planes come and have 1 crate each with 10 fuel in it. and give a chance to get some shot down and some make it. aa will get a nice exp boost if they can get a few kills if not the user gets more fuel
21 Dec 2015, 22:24 PM

if not that then just reduce cost of all vehicals by a good tad
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight