Login

russian armor

Volk Shrek blob fix proposal

18 Dec 2015, 17:33 PM

Hey guys I was wondering if reducing move speed on shrek carrying squads would balance them out a little better?

We all know that a blob of shreks can destroy almost all allied vehicles with no much of a struggle but if they had a small movement penalty like 20% maybe it would allow a little more time for vehicles to run away!

What do you guys think?
18 Dec 2015, 17:44 PM

interesting idea, indeed
18 Dec 2015, 17:47 PM

I don't think it will work as much as say removing the Shrek and replacing it with a Faust and giving the Wehrmact a AT nade instead. But sure - it's better than 6 Volksgrens charging forth through a 50 cal to destroy my M8 Scott - the supposed blob counter with ease.

(I'm pretty salty about that.)
18 Dec 2015, 17:59 PM

Don't reduce the speed of the squad, that will penalize too much vs enemy infantry.

The best they can do is increase the aim time of any bazooka weapon to define the role as a deffensive weapon. that will make blobs more easy to deal (kitting) with tanks, and will be useful for deffensive stances in case of enemy tanks approach to you.
18 Dec 2015, 18:00 PM

Don't reduce the speed of the squad, that will penalize too much vs enemy infantry.

The best they can do is increase the aim time of any bazooka weapon to define the role as a deffensive weapon. that will make blobs more easy to deal (kitting) with tanks, and will be useful for deffensive stances in case of enemy tanks approach to you.

+1
18 Dec 2015, 18:02 PM

Permanently Banned
Then give OKW non-doctrinal MG to counter USF/SOV heavy blobs
18 Dec 2015, 18:18 PM

Hey guys I was wondering if reducing move speed on m1919 carrying squads would balance them out a little better?

We all know that a blob of m1919s can wipe almost all axis infantry with not much of a struggle but if they had a small movement penalty like 20% maybe it would allow a little more time for axis infantry to run away!

What do you guys think?

(see how silly that sounds?)
18 Dec 2015, 18:26 PM
Donator 11

Hey guys I was wondering if reducing move speed on shrek carrying squads would balance them out a little better?

We all know that a blob of shreks can destroy almost all allied vehicles with no much of a struggle but if they had a small movement penalty like 20% maybe it would allow a little more time for vehicles to run away!

What do you guys think?

A squad drilled in Prussian style runs as fast with Schrecks or Fausts as with MGs or rifles. That is a historical fact.
18 Dec 2015, 18:28 PM

Hey guys I was wondering if reducing move speed on m1919 carrying squads would balance them out a little better?

We all know that a blob of m1919s can wipe almost all axis infantry with not much of a struggle but if they had a small movement penalty like 20% maybe it would allow a little more time for axis infantry to run away!

What do you guys think?

Problem is, 1919's require the troops to be stationary to shoot, meaning that chasing and moving around severely reduces the units fighting power, I think thats enough of a nerf.
18 Dec 2015, 18:30 PM

Problem is, 1919's require the troops to be stationary to shoot, meaning that chasing and moving around severely reduces the units fighting power, I think thats enough of a nerf.

and schrecks fire on the move? There are really plenty of stock options for each faction that are able to deal with schreck blobs, there's no reason to yet again make radical changes to OKW for the sake of peoples refusal to use those counters.
18 Dec 2015, 18:31 PM
Donator 22

imagin that crush with the decreased movement speed with schreckvolks :D
18 Dec 2015, 18:49 PM

What do you guys think?

Would need to nerf Axis artillery... panzerwerfer is super potent as of right now.
18 Dec 2015, 18:50 PM

increase aim time!!!! :)
18 Dec 2015, 18:53 PM

Would need to nerf Axis artillery... panzerwerfer is super potent as of right now.

It wasn't a serious suggestion.
18 Dec 2015, 19:19 PM

It wasn't a serious suggestion.

lol, i wouldn't mind... double m1919 is strong :p
18 Dec 2015, 19:27 PM

Then give OKW non-doctrinal MG to counter USF/SOV heavy blobs

This and the introduction of that T0 mortar they had planned for USF would help make the WFA factions more interesting and we'd see less of that unhealthy infantry-only playstyles with almost no weapon teams.
It's simple psychology. If there is other accessible options to infantry-heavy approaches more people will try and use these alternatives. What needs to be encouraged is a combined use of infantry and team weapons. This was always what made CoH great & gave it such a tactical feel.
18 Dec 2015, 20:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 19:27 PMFluffi

This and the introduction of that T0 mortar they had planned for USF would help make the WFA factions more interesting and we'd see less of that unhealthy infantry-only playstyles with almost no weapon teams.
It's simple psychology. If there is other accessible options to infantry-heavy approaches more people will try and use these alternatives. What needs to be encouraged is a combined use of infantry and team weapons. This was always what made CoH great & gave it such a tactical feel.

+1
18 Dec 2015, 20:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

There's precisely one infantry unit in the game with a movement speed penalty and it is also an armoured-engineer unit with an LMG that isn't meant to fight much faster vehicles.

I can't see this working without making Panzerschrecks killing armour way faster if we're going to make vehicles even more faster than its users (like real-life balance, do-ho-ho-ho-ho).
19 Dec 2015, 14:00 PM

Shrecks damage and pentration should be nerfed, period
19 Dec 2015, 15:46 PM

Wouldnt be easy to find a way to limit volks without make them so bad that people doesnt use them?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★