Login

russian armor

RTS lovers-who else is excited about the Homeworld Prequel

18 Dec 2015, 16:05 PM

http://www.desertsofkharak.com/

The recent remastering of the Homeworld series, following Gearbox’s acquisition of the IP in the THQ firesale, turned out pretty well, so there’s at least some precedent for this being on the side of the angels too – especially as Relic co-founder and Homeworld 1/2 art director Rob Cunningham heads up Kharak devs Blackbird Interactive. Which is also probably why those enormous sandcrawler things look so lovely.

Blackbird Interactive is the brainchild of a number of ex-Relic employees that worked on the original Homeworld games.
18 Dec 2015, 16:12 PM

It comes out next month and there's been no multiplayer beta.

I don't have high hopes.
18 Dec 2015, 16:16 PM

It comes out next month and there's been no multiplayer beta.

I don't have high hopes.

They have been working on it since 2013. (formerly known as shipbreakers)

No beta does not mean a poorly done game. Look at coh2...alpha...beta...and 2 years later it is still a mess.
18 Dec 2015, 16:21 PM

I haven't tried Homeworld yet but I really should, always loved RTS and if I played that I reckon I'd love it. This prequel should interested I'll watch it a bit longer.

Nice pick-up.
18 Dec 2015, 16:26 PM

There is a private beta running right now it seems, a few coh 2 players I know are involved in it.
18 Dec 2015, 16:29 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Looks interesting.
18 Dec 2015, 16:38 PM

There is a private beta running right now it seems, a few coh 2 players I know are involved in it.

Don't keep us in suspense...What are the beta testers thoughts on the game ?
18 Dec 2015, 16:43 PM

Tho it looked interesting, I bought act of agression, and it was a complete fail. It came out like 3 months ago, and there is only 1 or 2 people streaming with no viewers. That was the first video game i bought since coh2. Or halo anniversary. And it was a waste of money. So I'm sceptical about trying new games out :/
18 Dec 2015, 16:44 PM

Tfw no new Homeworld :foreveralone:
Joking aside, I'll probably give it a shot eventually. Just kinda bummed it aint in space.
18 Dec 2015, 16:48 PM

Reminds me a little of the old Dune rts
18 Dec 2015, 16:54 PM

What would be the new title?

Home Goo?
or
Grey World?
18 Dec 2015, 16:54 PM

Tho it looked interesting, I bought act of agression, and it was a complete fail. It came out like 3 months ago, and there is only 1 or 2 people streaming with no viewers. That was the first video game i bought since coh2. Or halo anniversary. And it was a waste of money. So I'm sceptical about trying new games out :/

I know the feeling. I was pretty psyched about "act of aggression"....UNTIL i started watching streamers play it...it looked BORING...so i never bought it...
18 Dec 2015, 16:59 PM

Don't keep us in suspense...What are the beta testers thoughts on the game ?

I'm not in it, and they are under strict NDA.
18 Dec 2015, 17:14 PM

you missed out on a lot.
18 Dec 2015, 17:43 PM

Well that's good to know.

I was also looking forward to AA and it had potential but after seeing a few streams it was obvious the game gravely lacked depth. The UX is also horrible.

Last RTS I purchased was Stronghold Crusader 2. More than any other RTS in recent years, I think that game had the potential to succeed. The developers just lacked the proper vision for it which is sad. They designed the game to cater to skirmish players. There's no auto-match, no ranking, and multiplayer in general is really unstable.

Since release, all they did was release new maps and Ai characters :facepalm:.
18 Dec 2015, 17:58 PM

you missed out on a lot.

Explain
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment