Login

russian armor

WC51 Military truck

18 Dec 2015, 07:55 AM

So, yeah obviously this thing need a buff, it's worse than a kubel and costs 20 fuel(given you can withdrawl and refit to get 15 fuel back, if it lives!).. This thing literally loses to anything its armor is pathetic, gets 1 shot by a schreck even a faust will knock like 75% of its health, a rushing pioneer will 1v1 this thing and take it out....

Not that it deserves sick nasty armor but kubel is just a car why should it be better.. and kubel is non doctrinal This truck deserves suppression and an armor buff or no fuel cost to match its performance IM)

Either way it really needs to be looked at since kubel costs no fuel now.
18 Dec 2015, 08:06 AM

You'll never see this unit buffed, this would make the USF early game too OP.
- too strong = Ostheer can't deal with it early game
- too cheap = Comes too early and let you free roam on the map

IMO, the unit is in the right spot in term of price / time to hit the field. remember when they put it CP1, the unit became completely useless. the only room to improve it is improving its pathing...
Also you are wrong if you use it as fighting unit empty. there is no way to lose any fight vs pioneers if there is a RE or RM squad in it.

So the problem is the Kubel here:
- revert back armor to 2
- Increase fuel price to 5
18 Dec 2015, 08:16 AM
Patrion 14

You only get 5 fuel back and I think 100 mp.

This thing needs a health buff.
18 Dec 2015, 08:37 AM

Lol, this thing is so strong in early game, i have to get an AT gun to kill it and it kills infantry pretty fast.
L2p noob.
18 Dec 2015, 08:48 AM

Lol, this thing is so strong in early game, i have to get an AT gun to kill it and it kills infantry pretty fast.
L2p noob.

I have to l2p because this truck is a piece of shit that costs 20 fuel? lol...
18 Dec 2015, 08:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 08:16 AMLooney
You only get 5 fuel back and I think 100 mp.

This thing needs a health buff.

I went into a custom game tested it and got 15 back.
18 Dec 2015, 08:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 07:55 AMCafo
So, yeah obviously this thing need a buff, it's worse than a kubel and costs 20 fuel(given you can withdrawl and refit to get 15 fuel back, if it lives!).. This thing literally loses to anything its armor is pathetic, gets 1 shot by a schreck even a faust will knock like 75% of its health, a rushing pioneer will 1v1 this thing and take it out....

Not that it deserves sick nasty armor but kubel is just a car why should it be better.. and kubel is non doctrinal This truck deserves suppression and an armor buff or no fuel cost to match its performance IM)

Breaking news, you can put a squad in it and they will fire from it.

It will shred Kubels, Pioneers (the sturmpios are more nasty), Grens if you know how to kite, unshrek volks, and you can flank HMG, USF early is really strong, no one wants an M3 ( without the need to tech) at 2 min of the game for USF
18 Dec 2015, 08:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 08:54 AMBlalord

Breaking news, you can put a squad in it and they will fire from it.

It will shred Kubels, Pioneers (the sturmpios are more nasty), Grens if you know how to kite, unshrek volkd, and you can flank HMG, USF early is really strong, no one wants an M3 ( without the need to tech) at 2 min of the game for USF

You can already get it earlier than 2 mins and guess why nobody uses it...? The armor is so paper thin you literally have to kite this thing off the map

I know how to kite but in theory u can just roll on forever, in reality they push you back enough with it to make it not relevant and you can kite the air. Use it yourself.. I haven't even used this thing in like 5 months it's just absurd it costs 20 fuel and id like to see it balanced / viable.
18 Dec 2015, 09:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 08:59 AMCafo

You can already get it earlier than 2 mins and guess why nobody uses it...? The armor is so paper thin you literally have to kite this thing off the map

I know how to kite but in theory u can just roll on forever, in reality they push you back enough with it to make it not relevant and you can kite the air. Use it yourself.. I haven't even used this thing in like 5 months it's just absurd it costs 20 fuel and id like to see it balanced / viable.

No one use it cause this doctrine in generally sucks, no elite infantry, no calliope, no pershing, no Mines on ranger, no P47

This commander just cant compete with others. and you can have a pretty fast M20
18 Dec 2015, 09:10 AM

WC51 is perfectly fine. If used well it can push an OKW player back into their base by 5 mins. I run mechanized the majority of the time vs OKW. The key is to not lose it early and refit and keep the crew to put in your Stuart.

Source: top 50 US 1v1
18 Dec 2015, 09:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 08:06 AMEsxile

Also you are wrong if you use it as fighting unit empty. there is no way to lose any fight vs pioneers if there is a RE or RM squad in it.

So the problem is the Kubel here:
- revert back armor to 2
- Increase fuel price to 5

Using it with a inf squad in it is a bit disingenuous for comparison. I wasn't actually get owned by pios with it I was speaking to its god awful armor. But you are probably right it wont be changed, it would be nice to see once in awhile at least though, why not make it strong if its the only thing the commander has going for it, a breathe of fresh air from rifle spam as well.
18 Dec 2015, 09:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 09:11 AMCafo

Using it with a inf squad in it is a bit disingenuous for comparison. I wasn't actually get owned by pios with it I was speaking to its god awful armor. But you are probably right it wont be changed, it would be nice to see once in awhile at least though, why not make it strong if its the only thing the commander has going for it, a breathe of fresh air from rifle spam as well.

Unit inside IT will not loose HP ( or juste a little ), and WC51 crew can repair, it result in a 0 mp bleed
18 Dec 2015, 09:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 09:13 AMBlalord

Unit inside IT will not loose HP ( or juste a little ), and WC51 crew can repair, it result in a 0 mp bleed

This is different than kubel how? 0 mp bleed.

And gets 1 shot by schreck literally, I think you really have to use this to understand its terrible hp, I wouldn't even trust this to have a garrison in it...., so by that alone its not even viable past the first few moments of early game..., meanwhile kubel eats bazookas.
18 Dec 2015, 09:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 07:55 AMCafo

I wonder why you compare it to the Kübel. Those units having nothing in common and serve a complete different purpose.

You rather need to compare it to the soviet M3. Both function as troop transporters, however the M3 is cheaper (190mp/15f vs 240 mp/20f). The armour is just slighty different (5.4/4.2 vs 5.2/4) but the WC has a significant target size advantage (18 vs 14). The gun dps of the WC51 truck however is worse.
So in conclusion it should be priced similar to the M3.

As for your claims: The Wc51 has 180 HP. So it won't get one shotted by any of the weapons you mentioned. I wonder how bad somebody has to play in order to lose it to a single pio squad.
18 Dec 2015, 09:22 AM

I wonder why you compare it to the Kübel. Those units having nothing in common and serve a complete different purpose.

You rather need to compare it to the soviet M3. Both function as troop transporters, however the M3 is cheaper (190mp/15f vs 240 mp/20f). The armour is just slighty different (5.4/4.2 vs 5.2/4) but the WC has a significant target size advantage (18 vs 14). The gun dps of the WC51 truck however is worse.
So in conclusion it should be priced similar to the M3.

As for your claims: The Wc51 has 180 HP. So it won't get one shotted by any of the weapons you mentioned. I wonder how bad somebody has to play in order to lose it to a single pio squad.

I already commented about the pios thing, and it does in fact get 1 shot by a shreck. even a faust takes it quite a bit.. I was fucking around with it in a bot match, I would just like to see it viable.
18 Dec 2015, 09:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 09:16 AMCafo

This is different than kubel how? 0 mp bleed.

And gets 1 shot by schreck literally, I think you really have to use this to understand its terrible hp, I wouldn't even trust this to have a garrison in it...., so by that alone its not even viable past the first few moments of early game..., meanwhile kubel eats bazookas.

Well, I actually use it quite a lot lately. The unit is good vs OKW players going fast Kubel. It has also its impact vs Ostheer on some maps and especially vs Ostruppen strat/skip T1.
Now the unit is not useful in every map (do not use it in sturdorf for example)

And don't get us wrong, we're not saying Kubel is fine, we are saying WC51 is fine and can't really be buffed without getting OP.
Kubel can definitively be nerfed or by having its back armor reverted to 2 / fuel price increased to 5.
18 Dec 2015, 09:24 AM

This thing also has a disgusting range and kite your whole infantery all day long until you pur in good countermeasures, It deals good dammages and well used, own you the early game pretty easily.

Kozo.
18 Dec 2015, 09:32 AM

You guys have some good points but 20 fuel just doesn't seem right. Kubel at least can take a small (small arms) beating. doesn't seem right in its current condition either the kubel or truck by comparison.
18 Dec 2015, 09:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 09:22 AMCafo

I already commented about the pios thing, and it does in fact get 1 shot by a shreck. even a faust takes it quite a bit.. I was fucking around with it in a bot match, I would just like to see it viable.

WC51 truck HP = 180

Shrek damage = 120
18 Dec 2015, 09:56 AM

The real fix would be to make it non-doctrinal - add something usefull to the doctrine. The WC51 is great, but mediocre for a call in unit. The unit would add alot to the USF early game with regard to options.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 92
Germany 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak