Login

russian armor

Optimize graphical engine with the next major upgrade

Are you satisfied with CoH2s performance?
Option Distribution Votes
67%
15%
19%
Total votes: 54
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
17 Dec 2015, 13:14 PM

I have a 960GTX VGA.. 8Gb DDR3 and an Intel I5 quad processor...
CoH2 has been released on the summer of 2013.. its already a 2 and a half year old game. This config is above the recommended.

Ive played Witcher3, GTA5 and still playing Battlefront on highend settings. All of those game look way better than CoH2.

In CoH2 i have 15 FPS in the menu. In the f**kin menu...
If i raise the texture details above medium the loading time will be so long before a match, that my opponents start to drop out during the loading screen.

The game itself has good performance even on higher settings, but the loading is just unbearable.. Even Rainbow Six with 4K textures has better loading time than CoH2... its pathetic...
17 Dec 2015, 13:20 PM

I hear many people complaints and it seems i'm one of the few where the game runs smooth* both on old computer and new computer:

1:GTX580/1090T/8GB
2:GTX970/i5 4460/12GB

*Menu fps is garden, and do have to restart every 3-4 games. But this does not really affect the ingame play for me.

This is on highest settings. But if so many people do have a issue Relic should fix it, but then Kyle already said there will never be a optimization patch :foreveralone:
17 Dec 2015, 13:29 PM

clocked GTX 770/amd fx 8320@4.2 ghz/8gb ddr5

WITCHER 3 - 40-60 fps max settings
GTA 5 - 40-60 FPS max settings

:snfQuinn::snfQuinn::snfQuinn::snfQuinn::snfQuinn::snfQuinn::snfQuinn::snfQuinn::snfQuinn:

COH2 - 20 fps max settings, I have to play on medium

:snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter: :snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter:

17 Dec 2015, 13:40 PM

ingame menue is irerelevant, the menue background files are handled like movies and though its a locked hd 30i framerate. the flag_*.webm data is responsible for the "low" menue fps.

what i see now after 1 or 2 patches is a longer stuttering period(for about only 5 seconds) after starting game and entering menue.i asume its precaching sth. or preloading sth.in general there is nothin to be seen in real matches, performance is realy fine now.no problems at all with no aa and rest maxed out at hd resoulution,vsync off course enabled. stable 60 fps
17 Dec 2015, 13:51 PM
Patrion 310

5930K, 16GB RAM, R9-290X (overclocked), installed on SSD. 1440p almost everything max and it runs fine :)
17 Dec 2015, 13:54 PM

I hope people will vote for optimization more. Relic allready doesn't give a .... on this chapter and if we are not insisting, they will continue to do nothing.

Edit: I play Fallout 3 on medium settings and it's going nice and smooth. I play COH2 on medium settings and it still feels laggy and shitty.
17 Dec 2015, 13:58 PM

The optimization is bad. People with high end rigs have problems running this game smoothly. Even in low/medium settings.
There are so many treads about it, it isn't funny any more.
17 Dec 2015, 14:05 PM
Donator 11

Your problem is 8gb of ram. On every setting higher than medium this game needs more. Just invest in one more RAM die and you will forget about the issue. Oh, and you should also turn off the AA in game while turning it on max in your nvidia settings for the aplication. That significantly improves performance but you still need to have more than 8gb of ram. Hope it helps.

EDIT: Also if you have the game installed on HDD instead of SSD remember to defrag the partition every time the patch drops. It can be done smoothly if you make separate partition just for the game. This, or installing on ssd, is the solution to long loading time problems.
17 Dec 2015, 14:12 PM

Your problem is 8gb of ram. On every setting higher than medium this game needs more. Just invest in one more RAM die and you will forget about the issue. Oh, and you should also turn off the AA in game while turning it on max in your nvidia settings for the aplication. That significantly improves performance but you still need to have more than 8gb of ram. Hope it helps.

EDIT: Also if you have the game installed on HDD instead of SSD remember to defrag the partition every time the patch drops. It can be done smoothly if you make separate partition just for the game. This, or installing on ssd, is the solution to long loading time problems.

I56600K, GTX980Ti, 8gb of ram, no SSD for me, ultra settings without any problems for 2v2 where I play.
8gb of ram is fine for CoH2, in fact it should be enough for all games that don't have obvious memory leaks.

In CoH2 case, its more CPU demanding then anything.
17 Dec 2015, 14:21 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2015, 14:12 PMKatitof

I56600K, GTX980Ti, 8gb of ram, no SSD for me, ultra settings without any problems for 2v2 where I play.
8gb of ram is fine for CoH2, in fact it should be enough for all games that don't have obvious memory leaks.

Well then how you explain that I also run the game on max settings, with the AA trick, on i5-2500k and gtx760 with 16gb of ram and ssd. I also had really long loading times until I started to defrag after every patch and eventually bought ssd when I became tired with that chore. Its not cpu demanding that much, 2500k, that is a 4,5 year old cpu, doesnt even stress in coh2.

I also could play the game on 8gb but only if I turned everything off in the background including browser, media player, voip, celo and so on. This makes game much less enjoyable.
17 Dec 2015, 14:27 PM

Well then how you explain that I also run the game on max settings, with the AA trick, on i5-2500k and gtx760 with 16gb of ram and ssd. I also had really long loading times until I started to defrag after every patch and eventually bought ssd when I became tired with that chore. Its not cpu demanding that much, 2500k, that is a 4,5 year old cpu, doesnt even stress in coh2.

I also could play the game on 8gb but only if I turned everything off in the background including browser, media player, voip, celo and so on. This makes game much less enjoyable.

That's the point guys, the performance is always different. Some have 16 GB of Ram (as i have) and have problems, others have only 8 GB and they don't have problems. The performance/optimization is all over the place.
The only sure thing is that players with AMD Cards have less problems.

17 Dec 2015, 14:30 PM

3v3 and 4v4 is where the issues start. The longer the duration, the more the engine will put the burden on cpu instead of GPU. It makes no sense, the engine is shit
17 Dec 2015, 14:31 PM

This is an 100 points assertion. I noticed exactly this. Previously, I used a Gforce. Now I'm using an Ati Radeon. Game runs better than before, but still has some issues. Like you said, most Gforce series videocards don't like this game. Dunno why.
17 Dec 2015, 14:33 PM

So lelics a AMD fan:megusta:
17 Dec 2015, 14:40 PM
Donator 11

That's the point guys, the performance is always different. Some have 16 GB of Ram (as i have) and have problems, others have only 8 GB and they don't have problems. The performance/optimization is all over the place.

Yeah, it always varies. But doing what people who improved their performance significantly did can solve problems of some players. Thats why I wrote what I did here. If somebody wants to go completely costless and see if my tips help they should try running the game without any other applications in background and use all other tips than ram upgrade.
17 Dec 2015, 15:38 PM

So lelics a AMD fan:megusta:

i7 4770
R9 270X (2gb vram)
8gb ram

Game runs like shit on highest settings, takes a century to load and sometimes freezes.

What bugs me is that it used to run smoothly some time ago...
17 Dec 2015, 15:43 PM

This is hillarious, because Relic shall never even consider updating it :brad:
17 Dec 2015, 15:44 PM
Patrion 14

This is hillarious, because Relic shall never even consider updating it :brad:

http://hire.jobvite.com/CompanyJobs/Careers.aspx?k=Job&c=qds9Vfwt&j=o1jY1fw3
17 Dec 2015, 15:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2015, 15:44 PMStafkeh

http://hire.jobvite.com/CompanyJobs/Careers.aspx?k=Job&c=qds9Vfwt&j=o1jY1fw3

I hope that they will find the guy who will do a good job.
He is gonna be my hero!
17 Dec 2015, 15:55 PM

The engine is garbage. Even the vCoh does not run very smoothly on current mid and high end PCs.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 61
United States 4
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak