Login

russian armor

How does UKF Counter Shrek Blobs

17 Dec 2015, 05:45 AM
Donator 11

What are some strategies or units I can use to counter massive blobberinos. I ask this question because there are no dedicated blob counters in the British arsenal, at first look.

When I mean counter I mean murder, as in, not supression. An MG only postpones the invetable, how do I GET RID OF IT.

USF --> Grenades, AE demo charges, Caliope (best one), Priest (sort of), M4 Sherman, M8A1, Pack Howie, Bulldozer Sherman, you get the point

OKW --> Sturmtiger, Goliath, Stuka, etc.

SU --> Everything (lol)

Ostheer --> Pwerfer, S-mines, Brumbar, Ostwind (not really), etc.

UKF --> ????? Centaur is too slow to encounter 3-4 Volks squads and survive. Sure, Vickers in a Trench is one of my techniques, but they just retreat and keep coming. So far my best bet is the Cromwell. It's fast enough to run away and has potential to wipe squads. But obviously nowhere close to grand scale anti-blob counters like demos, caliope, pwerfer, stuka, sturmtiger, oh crap I just remember AVRE.

UKF has big problems versus OKW infantry hoardes.
17 Dec 2015, 05:55 AM

Permanently Banned
Same way ostheer counters riflespam. And how okw counters maxim spam
17 Dec 2015, 06:29 AM

One way to win is croco and that's really it
17 Dec 2015, 07:40 AM

With the much more powerful UKF bren spam.
17 Dec 2015, 07:42 AM

MGS and just an overall use of tactics, no single thing is going to do it for you except as sturm said croc. blob vs centaur rip...blob vs 2 mgs and a centaur, they lose.
17 Dec 2015, 07:43 AM

With the much more powerful UKF bren spam.

+1 Brens everywhere your superior infantery counter that. Just dont counter an AT unit with a tank :) common sense i know.
Vickers, mortar pits anything.

Kozo.
17 Dec 2015, 07:45 AM

Yeah I have been playing a lot with the British lately on 2v2 and its truly a pain to deal with lots of volks, in my opinion its mainly because UKF lacks an AI light vehicle, with US the Stuart can kite or the halftrack can suppress same for soviets with the T-70 and M5 but the lack of AI light vehicle makes UKF weak in the mid game.

Add the flame nades to deny the cover bonus on infantry sections and your infantry cant really compete with OKW.

The cromwell is usually my answer using it to kite blobs or crush single squads once it hits vet3 it gets some serious rate of fire.

The AVRE is an awesome squad wipe machine, can be used for defense just time the shots when you spot volks moving in range and I usually wipe squads plus its health allows it to spearhead pushes and reveal those pesky cloaked racketens.

Don't forget you can also get demos with commandos.

Since I don't own the rare commanders I cant really comment on them.
17 Dec 2015, 08:01 AM
Donator 11

The blobs (either Axis or Allied) destroys the game. The MGs should be stronger, but then the people complain that they are too OP, because they can't counter the MG. But I would prefer stronger MGs.

Now I usually use 2 MGs close to each other in a sector where I suspect the blob coming from. Both MG-42 and Vickers are good at stopping blobs, if used in pairs. But they do not kill the blobs as in real life, and that is sad.
30 Dec 2015, 17:38 PM

AVRE is too hit-or-miss. It's also very expensive, what if they throw a KT at you and you've no fuel? Croc too.

Demo's on commandos are good, but, 90 munis??? That's also hit-or-miss. And, I'd rather put that 90 munis elsehwere.

Imo, best counter is combined arms.

LAY MINES .

Use a mortar pit.

Distract him, make him seperate that blob of doom.

Kite with MK IV/Comet/Churchhil inf tank. Keep your MG's well positioned.

Focus fire your vetted inf-section on lower health squads.

30 Dec 2015, 18:03 PM

Don't forget about the Bofors garrison bonus - the Suppression volley. It'll do solid damage and suppress as well.

Comet is pretty great at stopping blobs too - its great AI will do fine if you're kiting shreks and if you can get them suppresssed you drive in close for the crush and/or nade toss. Don't forget the White phospohorus shells at Vet 1! So spammable and if they sit in the smoke they will start dropping like flies.
3 Jan 2016, 17:52 PM

THe UKF is definitely lacking in mid game options, but that is a problem related with the way they were designed to rely on emplacements.

I would like for brits to have access to an actual non-commander anti-blob arty unit. I think it is unfair that USAAF and UKF are the only factions without standard issue anti blob options (rocket arty).

The likelyhood of devs doing this seems low, given SEGA's DLC happy policy. But i do think this would go a mile to improve the playability of US and UK in late game phase Vs those moronic ubermensch tidal waves.

Alternatively make it so Axis need to spend fuel to tech to panzershreks and LMGs like all the other normies do, it's totally not kosher that they can have access to them at Tier 2 free of charge, effectively negating allied light vehicles completely for the reminder of the game, while the reverse is not true (looking at you Luchs).

for OP, Bofors is a no go, specially in open maps. Sherk blobs will survive the suppression long enough to take your emplacement down with shreks.

3 Jan 2016, 18:30 PM

Kite them with sniper , supress with mgs or

Get centaur to vet 1 ability and then shred them with that ability (place it shortly beofre blob advance and short in blob retreat path but do not use whole ability range). It will kill squads dastardly fast or

crush them with fast cromwell or

burn them with corcodile or

call soe skillplanes on them
4 Jan 2016, 02:35 AM
Donator 11

crush them with fast cromwell

Emergency Warspeed Cromwell vs. lined up Volks blob ;)
5 Jan 2016, 10:45 AM

Not sure whether I was lucky but did pretty well with a smoke barrage from the mortar pit then charging 3 engineer units through it...

Think there was 4 or 5 volks with shrecks and the engineers seemed to deal with them pretty well.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★