Login

russian armor

BUG: Please remove the pathing change

2 Feb 2016, 14:13 PM

Relic, please guys, please make something to it in next patch (either revert or change so tanks stop engaging with their rear turned at the enemy)
2 Feb 2016, 15:11 PM

+1 OP Can be hard enough to micro effectively without my precious tanks presenting their rears to the enemy every time I tell them to advance. I preferred pre patch.
2 Feb 2016, 15:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 14:58 PMGrim
+1 revert pls.

Also, any enemy tank should not be able to phase through your tanks and vice-versa. If I block a vehicle in I don't expect it to simply yolo through my tank to freedom.

Yes I totally agree with this, kinda kills the immersion this game creates (and in my opinion it really does create some fantastic atmosphere) when a tank decides to become incorporeal.
Neo
2 Feb 2016, 15:17 PM

I am not sure about "revert". How about "fix and continue to improve pathing"?
2 Feb 2016, 15:44 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Feb 2016, 15:17 PMNeo
I am not sure about "revert". How about "fix and continue to improve pathing"?

But it is not even a pathing change, it is the change to distance where tanks decide to go forward or backward. It simply has nothing to do with pathing problems that are in the game, just a change to one constant that had better value before.
2 Feb 2016, 15:49 PM

Relic probably spend more time on that "Improved pathing"" showcase video than actual pathing code. :luvDerp:
2 Feb 2016, 15:50 PM

The actual pathing improvement is probably just some if statement with a distance measure. It is far from an improvement.
2 Feb 2016, 15:51 PM

Banned
I cant ram if my T34/76 goes backwards

Had that stuff too a couple of times :D :D
2 Feb 2016, 16:11 PM

No worries coh2 will be fixed in 2020.
2 Feb 2016, 19:25 PM

They should do a boolean button in game settings with title like "Enable Smart Pathing System", which turn on new pathfinding system.
2 Feb 2016, 19:31 PM

Green - what I expect.
Red - what really happens.
Arrows on the lines show direction of front armor.

2 Feb 2016, 20:04 PM

Green - what I expect.

Its even more irritating when thats a crocodile variant.
3 Feb 2016, 23:14 PM

I agree, pre-change is better than pathing is now.

Additionally, I want a 'move forward' button for vehicles, just like there is a 'move backward' button. I should be able to control whether or not a vehicle moves forward or backward independently of where I click on the screen. This alone could provide a big boost to micro ability for light vehicles and thus improve their combat effectiveness.

Also, its time to include glancing shots, based on the incident angle of a round to the side struck of a vehicle, its a simple damage*cos(theta) function call where theta is the incident angle of the round derived using a dot product and the transcendental function call can be a pre-allocated lookup table to improve speed.

Joseph
3 Feb 2016, 23:50 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

You can even see that it's doing wonky things in ESL that can cost you the game.

Needs to be reverted ASAP.
4 Feb 2016, 05:51 AM

At worst they should revert. At best, they should go back and simplify the pathfinding code to where it was in vCOH. Unit control in this game has always been a nightmare as all units respond unpredictably. Simplify the pathfinding that units always move in a straight line.

Even the reverse key is stupid and halfway across the keyboard. If you want to reverse, just shift click like in the original game.

I think the code base is so god-awful on this game it's completely pointless. They have like 1 or 2 guys working on the game and they have to justify their cost by adding shitty, backwards features. It's so goddamn obvious if you work in software development.
4 Feb 2016, 06:41 AM

Green - what I expect.

TAB Magic- is that when you get free money from the betting shop by sticking a gun in their face?

Seriously though getting a pair of tanks to try & move forward & turn right in unison is even worse.

RIP tanks
4 Feb 2016, 07:03 AM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2016, 23:50 PMTobis
You can even see that it's doing wonky things in ESL that can cost you the game.

Needs to be reverted ASAP.

GG from Relic... LOOOOOOOL
4 Feb 2016, 07:17 AM

I will also add my tiny weight. Reverse... its just indefinatly worse.
4 Feb 2016, 09:17 AM

The only "good" thing about this change is that it's more noob friendly, but after playing around 2000 hours with the old pathing system you can't get used to the new one

Some of my friends who haven't played the game so much with the old pathing finds the "improvements" easier to use overall
4 Feb 2016, 10:18 AM

In my humble opinion:
  • reintroduce three-point turn on vehicles without tracks
  • prevent vehicles to turn first -> then accelerate, for orders other than rotation, or very very close destinations
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★