Login

russian armor

BUG: Please remove the pathing change

16 Dec 2015, 16:21 PM
Donator 11

I'm gonna have to go ahead and bump this thread.

This thread should be bumped over and over again till relic responds and fixes the issue. I know they made a clip but making a clip about how the game is worse now does't justify breaking it.
16 Dec 2015, 16:54 PM

16 Dec 2015, 17:30 PM

reverting = true improvement.
16 Dec 2015, 17:53 PM

I don't think it should be completely eliminated, but it does need much more work. Currently it is unclear to the player when a reverse order will be issued. This feels like the user is guessing every time they click. The reverse order should only be given if very close to the tank, not if you click some ways behind. At that point I am assuming you made the choice to turn and drive that way at high speed, not to simply retreat.
16 Dec 2015, 18:13 PM
Donator 11

Why is this pathfinding change so detrimental to Kubel and Bren carrier play? Like holy crap the Bren carrier will never face the right way unless you hold the right click and drag for the arrow.

Using reverse was a strategy! A micromanaging sorta thing. We don't need any "assists," especially when it's artificial intelligence trying to guess whether we want to reverse or not.

Fix the more important path finding problems like... how Miragefla in his mod made it so vehicles can go through territory sectors that aren't cached. I bet that simple non-AI fix would improve a lot of pathfinding issues.

Or fix how the Kubel sometimes does 360 degrees stunts in the middle of combat. Or fix how tanks merge into each other, make it so they can't. And sometimes when you try to move your tank, the pathfinding forces the other tank to move out the way so it can move. Remove that too.

1 of 4 Relic postsRelic 16 Dec 2015, 18:30 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I'll pass the feedback to the Designers.Thanks.
14 Jan 2016, 22:31 PM
Patrion 27

Alright time to bump this thread again since there was a patch today that didn't address the issue.
14 Jan 2016, 22:53 PM

Yes great bumb. I probably lost like 10 vehicles because of this "improvement". takes a lot of getting used to, or is bugged?. Espp with the T70 :foreveralone:
14 Jan 2016, 23:08 PM

I agree, this fix is causing vehicles to reverse long distances when you don't want them too.

Using the old reverse button or simply clicking close behind worked better.

DW
14 Jan 2016, 23:13 PM

I love when I click and drag to make an arrow to point a direction where to turn/move and my tank is getting there on reverse :foreveralone:
14 Jan 2016, 23:45 PM

Bump
15 Jan 2016, 00:40 AM

Encountered first watching other players, I was puzzled thinking it was the players giving reverse move orders...
15 Jan 2016, 01:36 AM

+1 seriously broken... there is too many times, i click forward not in straight line of tank but have some curve behind building, and my tank end up turning its ass towards enemy try to back into combat and lost the tank....
15 Jan 2016, 03:11 AM

Brilliant!
A Relic guy who actually listens.

Alright time to bump this thread again since there was a patch today that didn't address the issue.

You saying you're going to bump until you get what you want? Dont think it works that way lad...

I love when I click and drag to make an arrow to point a direction where to turn/move and my tank is getting there on reverse :foreveralone:

That's quite funny
15 Jan 2016, 03:21 AM
Patrion 27

I'm not saying I'm going to be relentless, I just want to keep it on people's radar.
15 Jan 2016, 03:22 AM

Keeping the thread a-rolling.

Though to be fair I wouldn't mind the new pathing so much if they just increased the range of the "default reverse". I feel like it isn't big enough as I usually want to reverse to give my vehicle more breathing room from AT but I often find myself clicking into the "turn around" range and end up losing my vehicle as a result.
15 Jan 2016, 16:25 PM

Yellow arrow to point direction.
Green - what I expect.
Red - what actually happens
Arrows on green/red lines show front of the tank.
In other words, I think vehicles should TURN first and then move instead of moving in first place and turning at the end of the road (showing rear armor all day long).

Right click and show image for bigger picture.

2 of 4 Relic postsRelic 15 Jan 2016, 18:35 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I'm not saying I'm going to be relentless, I just want to keep it on people's radar.

The Pathing change won't be reverted, but making improvements to the Pathing is being looked at. I don't have an ETA, Sorry.
15 Jan 2016, 19:38 PM
Patrion 27

The Pathing change won't be reverted, but making improvements to the Pathing is being looked at. I don't have an ETA, Sorry.

What splendid news. :guyokay:

Thanks Relic for being too stubborn to admit when something was a mistake even when Mirage_Fla fixed it almost immediately in his mod (which shall not be named.)
16 Jan 2016, 01:00 AM

What splendid news. :guyokay:

I think reverting would be improvement of the century.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★