Login

russian armor

Saving a WarBird

14 Dec 2015, 12:30 PM

Lady's and Gents, let me start off saying I'm writing this on the behalf of @tomofaction. Currently, he is trying to obtain and purchase a Taylor Craft L-2m which is for sale. The aircraft before you was built in 1943, and used for reconnaissance purposes during the war making it an actual "Warbird". This, along with the fact of Tom's desire and passion for aviation and history, is the reason he's asking for your help. Currently he has raised almost 13,000 dollars by himself but needs your assistance to raise the other 12,500 dollars the seller is asking for. It seems like a lot but if we band together, we can overcome these odds just like with operation Charlie Fox and save this piece of flying history. Any amount donated is greatly appreciated but do to the sheer number required, must only offer perks to numbers we can accommodate. For donations of 350 dollars or more you will receive a hand written letter showing our deepest gratitude. For donations of 500 dollars or more you will have the option to have your name signed on the nose of the aircraft in period style artwork. Those are currently all that's being offered but cheaper perks may be added at a later date with all donors who donated above the new perks threshold will be contacted and offered that said perk. We thank you greatly for your time and your support, as together we can not fail!

Link to campaign: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-preserve-history-and-pursuing-a-boy-s-dream/x/12977234#/

[P.S.] Helping Hans and Zansibar have pledged their support to help spread the word, big thanks to them!

15 Dec 2015, 03:01 AM
Donator 11

Is there any provenance on this thing? In addition, you are asking a lot of people to help essentially buy some guy his own private airplane.
15 Dec 2015, 06:11 AM
Donator 33

So do I get flying hours on it?
15 Dec 2015, 07:13 AM
Patrion 14

Tbh. this has no other purpose than sponsoring him a plane, or am i wrong?
It's not like it will be destroyed if he's not buying?
15 Dec 2015, 07:23 AM
Donator 33

It's for sale not for scrap. So yep.
15 Dec 2015, 11:07 AM

Is there any provenance on this thing? In addition, you are asking a lot of people to help essentially buy some guy his own private airplane.

+1
15 Dec 2015, 19:03 PM
15 Dec 2015, 21:41 PM

It's a World War 2 Warbird Taylorcraft L-2M, Manufactured in 1943 but was left in storage state until it was activated during the Korean War after which it was sold off to civilian ownership running up to this point in time. It's relevant and will be shown at airshows in the north east, along with the collings foundation annual battle of the airfield reenactment opposite of a Fieseler Fi 156 Storch... The offer has been sent with relic about possibly using it for modeling and sound as the recon plane in game, so I assure you it's relevant.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★