Login

russian armor

blob control - Reducing AT squad carrier speed velocity

What do you think about it?
Option Distribution Votes
42%
50%
8%
And what about LMG upgrades, should we apply the same logic in order to reduce their A-Move effectiveness?
Option Distribution Votes
27%
73%
Total votes: 23
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
14 Dec 2015, 10:55 AM

Just an idea out of my mind. I won't do a large paragraph on it.

What if simply, to reduce Blob effectiveness Relic simply reduces speed velocity of any Shreck/Zook squad carrier.

Includes: Captain + any USF zook carrier, Pzshreck + shreck, Volks + shreck, any troop that pick up an abanandoned zook/shreck. Since Sov must pickup a doctrine, I don't think guards should be impacted by this change (but I let you vote on it).

Speed velocity could be the same as those UKF heavy sapper (I don't own UKF and don't know their name) or a bit faster, this technical question would need some testing.

Aggressive Anti-AT blob would be much less powerful since if you survive first encounter you can simply drive back faster than they can run.
For sure, some people will say ppl will simply build more to make sure it one-shot anything, but at some point if you really invest and blob that much of volks/RM + shreck/Zook, you should be rewarded if you catch your opponent off-guard with so many AT.
Units like M15 or Luch or Ostwind or Flack-HT or Centaur would become much more effective to control blobs in a defensive way.
Shreck and Blob would keep all their power if micro ed defensively or by attacking on flank.

Last thought, even if you still want to blob aggressively, it will requires a bit more micro with 2 groups not going at same path velocity.
14 Dec 2015, 11:06 AM

Blobs are so easy to fight off.
Literally everything works against Blobs.

except having a smaller blob, of course
14 Dec 2015, 12:10 PM

^^^^ What he said.

This is not the way to nerf a blob. If you want to specifically nerf blobs then a negative zeal will work best (in the form of received accuracy & suppression)
14 Dec 2015, 12:41 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Offensive post invised by a Moderator.

Back to topic.
Phy
14 Dec 2015, 13:18 PM

We should try it first, but could be interesting.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★