Login

russian armor

Brits need overhaul next

13 Dec 2015, 12:52 PM

legit they are retarded, emplacements pointless (good emplacements are bad) even though they are a big part of their concept. Sniper spam to stay in the game is stupid, no building clearing mechanism, 75 fuel AEC to counter 222/luchs since PIAT is literally garbage, base howi's do less damage than a tripwire etc..
13 Dec 2015, 13:02 PM

haters will say that late game tanks are enough of a boon, no fixes needed.
13 Dec 2015, 13:28 PM

They don't need overhaul.

I think, they need just thing or two.
I mean, there is a time during a game, when you have MP but in fact you don't have anything to purchase.

3IS + Vickers or 2 IS + Bren + Vickers and now you are getting Platoon. But what's next? AT-gun to deny light vehicles and what? AEC is useless, Bofors is situational and it's dying to ISG/GrW, Mortar Pit is useless vs OKW and it's risky vs OST, because it you lose the ground, you gonna lose 400MP.

This leads to only 1 thing. You need to rely on Snipers.

Other factions have many options.

OST: After initial Grens + HMG you can get 222, mortar, sniper, PzGrens, HT and Pak.
OKW: You have really nice options. Volks and Kubel, maybe 2 SP, raketen, next you get ISGs or maybe 251/17 or Luchs/Puma/Stuka.
USF: After 3 RF you get Lt/Cpt and plenty of options. M20/AA/50cal or Pack/Tickle Gun/Stuart.
SU: They have so many options that you will alwasy find something.

Point is, all factions (except Brits) have tools between early-late game to use efficiently, to adapt to situation.

Brits dont. Platoon post is just for 6 pounder and Sniper. So if you don't need a sniper you end up with MP float which you cannot use. Platoon is huge, black hole where you don't get tools you need.
13 Dec 2015, 13:32 PM

They don't need overhaul.

I think, they need just thing or two.
I mean, there is a time during a game, when you have MP but in fact you don't have anything to purchase.

3IS + Vickers or 2 IS + Bren + Vickers and now you are getting Platoon. But what's next? AT-gun to deny light vehicles and what? AEC is useless, Bofors is situational and it's dying to ISG/GrW, Mortar Pit is useless vs OKW and it's risky vs OST, because it you lose the ground, you gonna lose 400MP.

This leads to only 1 thing. You need to rely on Snipers.

Other factions have many options.

OST: After initial Grens + HMG you can get 222, mortar, sniper, PzGrens, HT and Pak.
OKW: You have really nice options. Volks and Kubel, maybe 2 SP, raketen, next you get ISGs or maybe 251/17 or Luchs/Puma/Stuka.
USF: After 3 RF you get Lt/Cpt and plenty of options. M20/AA/50cal or Pack/Tickle Gun/Stuart.
SU: They have so many options that you will alwasy find something.

Point is, all factions (except Brits) have tools between early-late game to use efficiently, to adapt to situation.

Brits dont. Platoon post is just for 6 pounder and Sniper. So if you don't need a sniper you end up with MP float which you cannot use. Platoon is huge, black hole where you don't get tools you need.

exactly and in this sitation relic wud want u to build emplacments lelic
13 Dec 2015, 13:40 PM

They need a mobile mortar. All other factions have a one, why british havent?

Revert tommy nerfs

Give AEC a reason to exist

Make Firefly less retarded unit. Buff reload time, and make rockets AI only.

Buff PIATs
13 Dec 2015, 13:47 PM

Stop being dramatic. They need a few tweaks not a total overhaul. Most important issues are emplacements and lack of snare.

13 Dec 2015, 13:49 PM

step1: make mortar pit doctrial and switch it with regular mortar
13 Dec 2015, 14:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2015, 13:32 PMpugzii

exactly and in this sitation relic wud want u to build emplacments lelic

But I don't want to :foreveralone:

I mean, I want but not those puddings emplacements.
13 Dec 2015, 14:17 PM

i believe they should just buff the 25 pounders you have at base and MAYBE make emplacements viable.

their the only faction that has non doctrinal howitzers YET they happen to be the worst in the game.

also WHEN are we going to see emplacements buffed/reworked??
when are we going to add VALUE to the side tech of Platoon??

its been 2-3 mounths and(not counting alpha) and they gutted emplacements and havent buffed base howitzers.

when are they going to address those problems??

Untill then sniper is the only thing the british can relay on(which sucks)
13 Dec 2015, 14:38 PM

No, US/SU needs overhaul, their doctrinal option are way too limited, and they don't have a decent stock generalist/durable tank.

Brits mortar pits needs some tweak (buidable 107mm mortar) , and give churchill thier 280 armor back or revert price nerf, and give 17pdr/77mm HV gun a projectile, and give Sexton and AEC shit loads of love.
13 Dec 2015, 14:39 PM

They also lack good artillery, I feel like Brits are only good for their mid/late game armor and nothing more.

My opinion is give them a mortar squad, make arty call ins from section upgrade better and buff bolster squad back to previous cost.

13 Dec 2015, 15:04 PM

Revert IS nerf (but leave vet nerf). Give churchill cost 165 F and crocodile 200 F.

Give them some building counter except sniper (every faction have flametrower or normal light arty and mid game vehicle - even flame 221 is better than AC)
13 Dec 2015, 15:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2015, 13:40 PMl4hti
They need a mobile mortar. All other factions have a one, why british havent?

Base howis are supposed to cover that role, too bad they suck so hard you're able to come twice before the barrage ends.
13 Dec 2015, 15:13 PM

What about giving them normal mortars but allowing engineers to dig them in?

17pdr is just terrible in every way....
13 Dec 2015, 15:45 PM

PIAT's are just garbage :D I mean, what's the point of shit that never hit it's target? :D :D
13 Dec 2015, 15:46 PM

-Give tommies their decent stats back, keep the vet nerfs. ATM they lose to freaking Volks at vet 0.

-Buff base howies. Like, a lot. It costs 45 muni to be able to call-in the barrage and another 40 to actually do so. It should arrive nigh on instantly and do a lot of damage, especially to buildings. Keep the red flares of course.

-Emplacement need buffs. And/or, allow them to be relocated. Say, a 10 second pack up and 15 second setup time to do so, with the crew being very vulnarable during that time so you need to protect them.

-Reduce the AEC's price so that buying it doesn't grind your teching to a halt and costs you 440 freaking MP for a mediocre light tank.

-Buff Firefly's fire rate to a reasonable one, and nerf the Tulip to do less damage and cost a bit less ammunition. I hate that the unit is reliant on this ability to properly perform its role.

-For the love of all that is holy, buff PIATs so they can hit something. Increase cost to 60/70 as compensation if need be, but I'd rather get something good for that price than a useless, 40 muni PoS that only takes up space and can't hit an immobile KT.
13 Dec 2015, 16:27 PM

It should arrive nigh on instantly and do a lot of damage, especially to buildings. Keep the red flares of course.

Arrive almost instantly? Can some say 45 munition FOO artillary?

BAD IDEA
13 Dec 2015, 17:36 PM

they need a few things to be actually viable, some form of mid/late game arty is desperately needed assaulting a decent enemy position as brits is worse than smacking your head off a wall, i like the idea of in base arty that levels up but the thing is beyond trash.

they really need some of early game light tank or halftrack, the AEC is a reactive unit if you pre build one german players can just spam infantry and wait for a tank, unlike the T70 or any of the american early game units you can just ignore the AEC as it does fuck all to infantry units.

you pretty much have to hand over map control and the early vp's to the german side early as brits and even there late game isnt strong enough to bring them back, op cent carried the day before but thats been toned down now.
13 Dec 2015, 17:57 PM

It should arrive nigh on instantly and do a lot of damage, especially to buildings. Keep the red flares of course.

Hahahahaah, sure dream on. Why on earth have red flares if there is no chance to react due to it nigh on comming down instantly? I remember some people actually argueing for keeping the absurd launch Artillery strike the brits had that required no vision and came down without warning flares (apart from sound 3-4 seconds in advance). Your remark reminds me of that absurdity.
13 Dec 2015, 18:19 PM

I wouldn't say an overhaul, but many of their units definitely need looking at. One thing that might go far is shifting a hammer/anvil bonus to the Bofors/AEC unlocks and possibly adding additional shell variety for the howitzers that can only be used by the Tommies. So for AEC/Hammer, add either a precise smoke shot or a volley that covers a wide area and for Anvil perhaps a WP or incendiary shell for area denial and flushing out pesky weapon teams.

Also, what is up with the terrible throw range on the IS for the arty flare? It takes danger close to alpha penal levels. Well, it would if the 25s could actually hurt something.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★